Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-04-2015, 05:12 PM   #29
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
I was taken back by his post. I mean who really cares about the fit and finish of the engine bay...But, I was just stating, since I have actually seen and driven a production car, unlike most in here, that is's fine...I saw no issues with fit and finish.

But, after seeing his "mod list" in his signature, I should have known better. I don't consider a license plate frame and a gas cap a "mod".
Lmfaooooooo
Well I gotta say I drove a 6Th gen 2ss Last night at the dealer they let me go buck wild for 45l min the salesmen was having just as much fun as me. And let me tell you IT SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME. THE AUTOMATIC IS KNOW JOKE YOU CAN HEAR THE TRANSMISSION CHANGING GEARS IT'S A LOUD CLUNK NOISE. IT'S EXTREMELY FAST:. I DROVE THE 15 SS FIRST NOOOOOOOOOOO COMPARISON BUT STILL FAST. I can't wait...Sorry for the caps fellows James HAD A flashback.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #30
mvfjet

Drives: hoopty mustake
How's the ride quality on the 6th gen with or without mrc? Coming from a solid axle mustang and driving a peterbilt for a living, my standards aren't to high.
mvfjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #31
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvfjet View Post
How's the ride quality on the 6th gen with or without mrc? Coming from a solid axle mustang and driving a peterbilt for a living, my standards aren't to high.
The non MRC car rides stiffer, but not in a bad way. Reviews have been good regarding this. But, the MRC equipped cars will soak up bumps better and give a more cushy ride.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #32
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
The non MRC car rides stiffer, but not in a bad way. Reviews have been good regarding this. But, the MRC equipped cars will soak up bumps better and give a more cushy ride.
The one I test drove felt like a luxury car when I wasn't on it.
I was thinking the Mrc would be more valuable if you wanted to track it could be wrong.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:03 PM   #33
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Mrc would be more valuable if you wanted to track it could be wrong.
Not really. MRC's biggest advantage is making it ride "softer" if you want. On track performance isn't really effected. In fact the best handling numbers so far have come from an SS without MRC. Most who will track their car will pass on MRC and do their own upgrades...
Old 12-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #34
AllisonScottMuzik

Drives: Camaro 1LT Gen6
if you buy a 2016, skip the LTs and get the SS...

You'll be happy to know that the Sun Viser is actually big enough to use. And Does block out the sun. I hate the new Chevy MyLink although they boast it's better technology I liked the one in my 2013 Camaro RS. Also the middle console storage sucks, and there is NO place to put your phone. unless you get an SS then you are going to love the above mentioned... I love the 8 speed transmission, I also like the fact that you can choose, Sport, Touring and Snow/Ice driving modes. and Also like the fact that Tires are a $100 cheaper than the Pirellies. N Staggered sizes, mean you can rotate and get more out of your rubbers. ..Also I love the the lighting, there are lights in the door handle and also one small interior light when your driving, unless of coarse you get the SS then it's all bad ass lighting and trim lighting... and OMG There is a Trunk release button by the back license plate... Love that and also, it's keyless entry/exit and push start ignition ....... but if I had the extra 10 grand to get the SS I sure would, I was only able to get the 1LT with the RS package...
Attached Images

AllisonScottMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #35
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonScottMuzik View Post
You'll be happy to know that the Sun Viser is actually big enough to use. And Does block out the sun. I hate the new Chevy MyLink although they boast it's better technology I liked the one in my 2013 Camaro RS. Also the middle console storage sucks, and there is NO place to put your phone. unless you get an SS then you are going to love the above mentioned... I love the 8 speed transmission, I also like the fact that you can choose, Sport, Touring and Snow/Ice driving modes. and Also like the fact that Tires are a $100 cheaper than the Pirellies. N Staggered sizes, mean you can rotate and get more out of your rubbers. ..Also I love the the lighting, there are lights in the door handle and also one small interior light when your driving, unless of coarse you get the SS then it's all bad ass lighting and trim lighting... and OMG There is a Trunk release button by the back license plate... Love that and also, it's keyless entry/exit and push start ignition ....... but if I had the extra 10 grand to get the SS I sure would, I was only able to get the 1LT with the RS package...
How much is the difference in Pover and feel compared to your 13 RS?
Old 12-21-2015, 03:10 PM   #36
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonScottMuzik View Post
... N Staggered sizes, mean you can rotate and get more out of your rubbers...
I'm fairly certain that RS, and I know SS, can't be rotated front to back. The tire sizes and rim sizes are different.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #37
Mike502

Drives: 2016 C7 conv 7 speed. Black/black
I will say the paint job is better then most 14 C7's I've seen. The new paint process @ the Cadillac plant looks great with very little orange peel.I've had mine for 1 month now. I had a 13 2SS but that was over a year ago. The A8 is way faster and the 8 speed is fun to play with. I like the rev matching down shifts when your hard on the brakes. The interior and the blind spot mirrors are a must compared to the 13 2SS. The auto is faster then the 1le 1/4 mile and a tick off the ZL1 times. The auto runs 12.1 1/4 mile . Hell its a tick off the C7 1/4 mile times. Tri Y headers are helping put down some Good numbers . It also comes with a catch can on the LT1. C7 doesn't unless they up graded it on the 16.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike502; 01-05-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Mike502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:28 PM   #38
Mike502

Interior. The technology that this car comes with compared to the 13 is way to much to list. Go the the Chevy forum and test drive one .
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2016, 03:49 PM   #39
Mike502

Look @ the paint on this shot.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #40
Mike502

Quote:
Not really. MRC's biggest advantage is making it ride "softer" if you want. On track performance isn't really effected. In fact the best handling numbers so far have come from an SS without MRC. Most who will track their car will pass on MRC and do their own upgrades...
Sorry but this Information can be misleading. The C7 Z06 with track option comes standard with mag ride and can adjust to the different damping for the race track. The Shelby GT R comes only with mag ride and is not intended as a daily driver. People should realize that the main purpose is not to give you a softer ride. The driver mode set on track will not give you a soft ride. Turn off all the nanny devices and the mag ride in track mode will be as close as you can get to optimize your damping requirements. I can feel the firmer ride in track mode on curves and under hard breaking less dive.

Last edited by Mike502; 01-05-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Mike502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #41
1968ss350

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
I was really thinking of getting a '16 2SS convertible.

After seeing the under hood build quality (of a 2LT), I'm thinking I'll get a Corvette instead.

I'm not saying it isn't a great car for the $$$. I'm just saying I like to under hood build of the 5th gen and C7 Corvettes better.
Sir the engine compartment on the 16 is strides ahead. Notice the massive cast strut towers. Although you may not like the look of them they are vastly superior to the sheet metal parts found on the fifth gen. The rigidity of the thicker cast aluminum part is stronger and quiter. No flexing. If you've ever driven a BMW M3 and noticed the absolute zero suspension noise then you'll understand. The front strut tower system looks like GM took a BMW and welded to a camaro

Hyper Blue 2SS/6 speed, NPP, MRC, Nav, 5LQ 6 piston brakes, Black split spoke, Magnuson 2300 Heartbeat Supercharger, Flowtie upper grill
1968ss350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #42
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike502 View Post
The C7 Z06 with track option comes standard with mag ride and can adjust to the different damping for the race track.
Correct, and most guys running those cars in NASA and SCCA events (which I attend) remove the MRC for coilovers...MRC is awesome, but many folks don't quite understand it and what it actually does and doesn't do. I've posted in more detail it's ins and outs, just not typing all that again.