Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
Nova65

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Auto IBM Black Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
Or at least questions about your salesperson (especially #14). We get paid $50 for a good one, but they take $75 from us for everyone that is not "completely satisfied".
GM pays the dealers for a good review?
Nova65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #16
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
And which dealership is that?

Some customers are never happy no matter what. Some customers get upset over things out of the dealerships control, but have no qualms about ****ing over the dealership about it. That's the way it is. If you worked in the industry, you would know.
Still horrible ethics on your dealership's part.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #17
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
When I bring my Avalance in for oil changes, the service lady says that when I get a survey and put completely satisfied I can have a free oil change. 3 surveys and 3 free oil changes. Heck yeah I am completely satisfied.
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #18
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
Still horrible ethics on your dealership's part.
I worked at a few different one's and they all did that. If you don't know what it's like to actually work there, you really don't have any room to talk.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #19
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova65 View Post
Yes and no. By "us and them" was salespeople and management.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #20
MontyCarlo

Quote:
I worked at a few different one's and they all did that. If you don't know what it's like to actually work there, you really don't have any room to talk.
Right, right, clearly only people who work at dealerships are qualified to say "lying is bad."

Sorry dude, but it is. It just is. Quit living in denial of it.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #21
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
And which dealership is that?

Some customers are never happy no matter what. Some customers get upset over things out of the dealerships control, but have no qualms about ****ing over the dealership about it. That's the way it is. If you worked in the industry, you would know.
I think I was pretty clear as to which dealership. You wanna justify that business tactic go right ahead. If you don't see anything wrong with that
then there really is no more to said.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #22
sac-au-lait

Drives: 06Colorado07Silverado08Cobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova65 View Post
GM doesn't pay ,it's probably the dealership that rewards or punishes the salesman for something he has absolutly no control over.The survey is now sent via e-mail if you choose and the mailed version can be confidential.Most people who send bad survey's don't have the balls to own up.If I don't exceed you expectations ,be honest and tell me to my face.

Last edited by sac-au-lait; 04-29-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: add comment
sac-au-lait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #23
predatoryangel

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
So.. does GM send out a survey as to how satisfied you are with their performance...
Old 04-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #24
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I think I was pretty clear as to which dealership. You wanna justify that business tactic go right ahead. If you don't see anything wrong with that
then there really is no more to said.
And where's the justification of the "customer" bringing down a salesmans 10-15% gross income for the ENTIRE year (because one really bad score can do that) on an unrelated problem. If the customer wanted free premium floor mats on a loser deal and the dealership just could not budge on it, is that fair that the sales guy should lose out on thousands of his yearly income because of it? Is it fair for the sales guy to possibly lose thousands because the customer chooses to ruin his own buying experience by finalizing a deal on a weekend when the deal can possibly take 3 hours vs. less than an hour on a weekday? Is it fair for the sales guy to lose thousands because the finance manager asked a few more questions than the customer was comfortable with? Is it fair to ruin the sales guy financially because a manufacturer took longer to produce the car than originally promised by the manufacturer.

I really don't care what you say, it is unethical to ruin a sales guy financially when there is BS going on that is out of his hands. But it still happens. It is not unethical to prevent stupid unwarranted bad surveys from unrealistic buyers.

Dealerships tie other "spiffs" to these scores, as well as getting straight cash. Almost ANY score of less than 100% can be detrimental, since most places require the salesmen to avg. 90+%.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #25
Jonmalibuss

Drives: 2005 Silverado VHO
Send a message via AIM to Jonmalibuss
My dad had an 04 Silverado 1500 4x4 and had all kinds of problems with the transfer case. The damn truck was in the service department more than it was on the road. He filled out a survey stating that he was very unhappy that the problem hasn't been fixed and is on going. Finally he decides to just trade it in on an 06 2500 D-Max at the same dealer. The service manager pulled his sales man into a meeting in the middle of signing the paperwork for the new truck, when the sales man came back he said i'm sorry to tell you but we have decided to not sell you or anyone else in your family anymore vehicles due to the last survey you sent in!
My dad said no problem and went down the street to another dealer and got a better deal on the same truck!
It was just kind of hard to believe a dealer who sold a family 3 vehicles (04 Z71 Suburban, 04 crew cab 1500 4x4, 04 Silverado SS) all right around $40k in the same year would drop a customer like that.

2005 Silverado VHO: Outlaw intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Belltech drop, 4.11 gears with Eaton LSD, Baer brakes 15" up front with 6 piston calipers, drum to disk 14" conversion for the rear, IForged 22"x10" 2 piece wheels, probably many more mods which I have missed...
Soon to be 2010-2011 Camaro SS/RS This is if the truck is worth trading in or I get it paid off!
Jonmalibuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #26
MontyCarlo

So, Evil Twin, how about the times the dealership DOES screw up and treats a good customer badly, then falsifies their contact information to make sure the wronged customer doesn't get that extra chance to hold the dealership accountable? Do you expect us to believe you'd never do that? Clearly you're comfortable with lying to make extra money.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #27
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
When I bought my car, there were separate sections on my survey to rank different people (salesman, finance, manager, parts/service, etc). So I just fill out the survey accordingly and then also put in the comments section that I would like GM Canada to contact me by phone regarding the survey within 1 month's time, or I would contact them.

That way if you have a sleazy dealership like the one evil twin works at, the head office still gets the info. If you don't hear back from GM head office, call them. They love to hear feedback.

Then again, I am also reasonable and wouldn't freak out if I didn't get free floormats. But if a salesman says he will contact me in a week and I end up spending the next month getting his voicemail or some other thing like that, then I have no qualms writing about that in my survey.
I have to feel that the salesman earned the part of the commission he gets from me buying a car from his dealership.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #28
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Just incase you dont get the survey in the mail you can send your letters to, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. washington, DC
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote