#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-17-2022, 11:44 AM   #253
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8ERBRO View Post
Hello everyone. I bought a new ZL1 a few weeks ago on impulse after seeing it on the showroom - such an awesome car, I just couldn't resist! Actually, I personally prefer the look of the 1LE but also prefer the daily drivability/comfort of the regular ZL1. So the first mod I want to do is the killer Carbon Fiber wing. Get a quote from the stealership for $4300.00! Do a little online research and picked one up for $2,650.00, then see that I need the black out tails to make everything match. Now, by chance, I've found myself transitioning my brand new car into the look of a 1LE. Here's what happened...

About two days after purchasing my car, and was trying to put as many miles on it as possible (breaking in the motor as per GM specs...gently) so I could stomp on it ASAP, but just couldn't wait that long. I had about 800 miles on it and took her to a remote highway to see what she can do from a dead stop. Car takes off like a rocket ship, but around 90mph the front end gets squirrely, almost feeling like the front tires aren't in full contact with the road...very uneasy feeling when accelerating that fast. So I do a little more research and find out that wing adds around another 80lbs of down force on the rear end and realize the front Canards are probably necessary with the Wing to balance everything out, so I order them from the Chevy dealer.

In the interim of all this, I apparently drove through some highway debris that some jagoff spilled out of their truck. Anyway, on day 4 I was watching some vids of mods a guy had done to his ZL1 and saw he had added a clear bra. Since I've been a GM truck owner my entire life, it never even entered my mind to protect the front but thought it would be a good idea for this car. So I bring it in, get a quote on some Xpel, drop it off two days later to have it installed and get a call from them telling me they don't recommend installing the bra due to all the rock chips on my front Facia! ...$900.00 to re-paint the front Facia, grilles, splitter. So I drop it off at the body shop, grab the Canards from the parts dept. and find out the Canards are not recommended to be painted. Meanwhile, they just wouldn't look correct with the black mosaic paint that's currently on my front end. Do a little more research and find out the 1LE requires an entire new front end to make the car look correct!

So that's where I'm at now. Car's in the body shop for one week now, just ordered my parts this morning from GM and will hopefully be up and running again within the next two weeks.

Here's some pics so far...
I'd love to swap all my 1LE stuff for ZL1 stuff but it can't be done via long distance
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:17 PM   #254
Kilmej06

Drives: 17 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost1LE View Post
Has anyone tried installing the Anderson composites grill, splitter, bezels and dive planes? I have thought of painting and wrapping, but wanted to see if anyone has attempted this setup on a zl1. Please, include photos if you have!
Not sure if you have found anything out. I am also looking at adding these to my ZL1. I see it's been a few months since you asked. Have you done any of these to yours? Also, I am going to assume that these parts were made for us SS/RS/ZL1 owners
Kilmej06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:52 AM   #255
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
@L8ERBRO

You can paint the ZLE canards and all that jazz up front. I had my bezels smoothed and painted mosaic black, the canards were painted gloss black to match the car (left texture).

My painter accidently painted the canards mosaic black. I almost left them as such since I wasn't 100% sure I wanted black, but when I held them up to the car and just didn't like it so they went gloss black.
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 11:08 AM   #256
Slurpee

Drives: 2020 ZL1 A10; Shadow Gray Metallic
Did anyone skip buying the 1LE wiring harness? I just electric taped the DRL connector and zip tied it to the bumper. I figured this would be an open circuit and wouldn’t cause an issue. But I just had a “Battery Saver Active” pop up on the dash and wondering if it’s draining the battery somehow.
EDIT: Infotainment display was staying on the whole time trying to update, draining the battery. 1LE aero conversion was just a coincidence.

Last edited by Slurpee; 04-16-2023 at 07:44 AM.
Slurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:32 PM   #257
Venom ZL1
TikTok: VenomZL1

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Just finished putting the 1LE grilles and front splitter on my ZL1. For anybody that's done this before or has a 1LE. Are these two little tabs on the lower grille basically almost supposed touch or touch the bumper energy absorber cover behind the grille? Just want to make sure I have it all seated correctly. Name:  PXL_20240219_210652114~2.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  150.8 KB

Name:  PXL_20240219_210814661~2.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  216.0 KB
Venom ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 04:21 PM   #258
Rnovrit

Drives: 2018 NFG ZL1-1LE
Yes, that looks correct. That is how it is on my ZLE.
Rnovrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 05:13 PM   #259
Venom ZL1
TikTok: VenomZL1

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnovrit View Post
Yes, that looks correct. That is how it is on my ZLE.
Sweet! Thanks for the confirmation Rnovrit 🤘
Venom ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote