Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-27-2022, 11:08 AM   #1
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
EOS splitter and skirts, the good/bad/ugly

I'm starting to consider some ZL1 style skirts and a ZL1 style splitter in gloss black for my HBM 2SS. EOS seems to be the most "cost effective" route.

Please share your good/bad/ugly thoughts on EOS stuff here. Fit, finish, ease of install, extra install procedures maybe not required on other brands (extra holes etc), durability, etc. And of course some pics please!

Thanks!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 05:40 PM   #2
goman08

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quality is garbage on my set. That being said others I know have had success with them. Just need to get lucky I guess
goman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:11 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
#1 biggest problem with EOS is their marketing is horrible. You have absolutely no idea what you're buying until it's in your hands. They use the same photos and descriptions for different part numbers, and may even use different part numbers for the same items. I have a full set on my car, and I'm pretty happy with them. I purposely left them "raw" ABS, but I probably would paint them if I had to do it again.

I have the "refresh style" versions on my car, which would -seemingly- make sense since mine is a 2020. I've read complaints about fitment from other revisions of the product for the side skirts, so maybe mine got tweaked a little in terms of how they are molded?

Here's all of the install stuff, along with part numbers, for the entire process. There's a LOT of recorded content - skip around as needed.

Splitter Install
Side Skirts - Pt 1/3 - Fit and Prep
Side Skirts - Pt 2/3 - Skirt Prep
Side Skirts - Pt 3/3 - Install
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:23 AM   #4
TP2SS

Well that's interesting. That is the ZL1 style splitter? I like the style without the "winglets" on the ends, which is what their website shows as the ZL1 style. I guess that's what you mean by their marketing is horrible!

The website also says the glossy black side skirts are not available right now, but if you buy the "aerokit" that has the skirts and splitter it says it's in stock. I want to buy both so I guess it doesn't matter, but it's strange that you can get them if you buy the aerokit but not alone.

I also have the Chevy Parts stone guards so I was hoping the front end of the skirts could be trimmed to clear them. I think one of the other suppliers (C7 I might have seen) said that theirs do clear the stone guards at the front. Do you think the EOS's are trimmable (as in grinding a bit off with a Dremel tool)?
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
Old 02-28-2022, 11:09 AM   #5
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Well that's interesting. That is the ZL1 style splitter? I like the style without the "winglets" on the ends, which is what their website shows as the ZL1 style. I guess that's what you mean by their marketing is horrible!

The website also says the glossy black side skirts are not available right now, but if you buy the "aerokit" that has the skirts and splitter it says it's in stock. I want to buy both so I guess it doesn't matter, but it's strange that you can get them if you buy the aerokit but not alone.

I also have the Chevy Parts stone guards so I was hoping the front end of the skirts could be trimmed to clear them. I think one of the other suppliers (C7 I might have seen) said that theirs do clear the stone guards at the front. Do you think the EOS's are trimmable (as in grinding a bit off with a Dremel tool)?
They're just ABS, so I don't see why you couldn't trim them at some level. I can't make any comments about paint quality or durability, or what might result if you were to cut / grind away some material where it had been painted.

The splitter and the skirts are unique items. If they will only sell it as "a kit", I would verify that the kit actually contains the individual part numbers of the products you are looking at (and that's impossible because any questions you asked them are not answered in a way to give you any sense of comfort that the answer is true/accurate).

I've also found that buying off of their store directly versus eBay or through other resellers is even more confusing in terms of trying to understand exactly what you're buying. That's part of why I provided specific part numbers of the items I bought and did not provide links to where to buy anything because that's just a hot mess...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 01:12 PM   #6
TP2SS

Well that’s enlightening! Guess I’ll skip EOS and pay more for C7 or someone else who will sell you what you’re looking at on their website!

This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for, thank you!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
Old 02-28-2022, 06:02 PM   #7
Haese1

Drives: 2018 2SS
I had good luck with them. No confusion about the purchase and the carbon fiber ZL1 splitter arrived on time. Fit was spot on.
Attached Images

Haese1 is offline   Reply With Quote