Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-06-2022, 01:34 PM   #1
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
My car thinks it's in reverse

A few days ago I noticed that my entertainment display (2SS with the 8" screen) was showing my backup camera without the lines while I was driving. When I start the car and everything boots up, it shows the proper screen for a few moments, then it shows the backup camera.

The other day I went to work and parked my car in the employee lot. After finishing my trip 3 days later, I went to my car and battery was almost completely dead. I had to get a jump to start it. When I got home that night, I noticed that my backup lights were on.

So I think that the backup camera is on because the cars thinks I'm in reverse gear, regardless of which gear I'm in.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this problem? I'm guess that there are sensors in the trans to monitor which gear the car is in, or perhaps they are somehow connected the to shift linkage.

I really don't want to have to take it to the dealer after the last dealer scratched the crap outta my paint.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:45 PM   #2
Yippee38

I figured out the problem and thought I'd post it here for anybody else's info.

I had forgotten that when I bought the car, I had put in LED backup lights. At that time, I didn't know that the resistor was needed. I never had a problem with (so I thought) until now. I added the harness resistor, and it fixed the backup light problem and the backup camera problem. I suspect that it also fixed the battery drainage problem that I had in 2020 when the car was sitting a lot.
Old 11-19-2022, 05:29 PM   #3
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
What do you fly?
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 10:52 PM   #4
Yippee38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
What do you fly?

Canadair Regional Jet