Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 01-05-2019, 12:20 PM   #1
dotbowels

Drives: Convertible RS 2014
Camaro sales declined, 3d to Dodge & Stang :)

My brother loves to crap on me, sent this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tor...es-decline/amp
dotbowels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
kaz1961

Drives: 2018 RS
I am happy that there are less Camaros around, makes mine stand out more. If I wanted to see 20 other cars just like mine every day I would have bought a Stang.
kaz1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:25 PM   #3
Gunmetalmissle

Drives: 16 ngm ss
It’s just not as practical and the looks are polarizing. It’s a shame because the chassis is so good but not really surprising.
Gunmetalmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
ILBMF

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS '06 Mustang GT
Even though it's a newer platform most average car buyers don't think it looks much different than the previous gen. Combine that with the visibility issues, trunk space, harsher ride I think it tends to drive those buyers to the Mustang and Challenger which are easier to live with overall.
ILBMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #5
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
dodge advertises. Mustang has magazines companies in their pocket. GM just makes the best car.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #6
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILBMF View Post
Even though it's a newer platform most average car buyers don't think it looks much different than the previous gen. Combine that with the visibility issues, trunk space, harsher ride I think it tends to drive those buyers to the Mustang and Challenger which are easier to live with overall.
Let's be honest. The visibility sucks, the trunk space is ridiculous, and well the ride I cant comment since I'm lowered. BUT I get a ton of looks and being a previous Challenger SRT8 owner, I can honestly say this car is leaps and bounds better. It dogs the others in every way and like others stated indont see 6th gens on every corner.

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:05 PM   #7
ILBMF

I get what you are saying, but different strokes for different folks. Not everyone has the same want for all out performance and handling. Of the 3 cars I'd say the Mustang is probably the happy medium and probably why they are selling better. It's not a huge boat and not a track car.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #8
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1961 View Post
I am happy that there are less Camaros around, makes mine stand out more. If I wanted to see 20 other cars just like mine every day I would have bought a Stang.
Me too. I hardly ever see another camaro. Jave onky seen 1 other 1LE near me. I get compliments every where i go.
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #9
trophy hunter

Drives: 2016 1SS - M6
Well, the way I see it is all three manufacturers went in somewhat different directions.....and if you are just STRICKTLY just look at overall sales - Camaro failed - but I don't look at it that way

Here's the thing, in my humble opinion:
Dodge was looking for comfort and straight line speed - as they feel that is what customer's are looking for
Chevrolet was looking to make a fast, "corner carver" with not as much emphasis on comfort.
Ford was looking to blend all three (comfort, speed, cornering) the best they could to interest any driver.

I feel all made what they set out to do but the general public apparently isn't looking for something that was created a little more specific like the Camaro. Now, don't get me wrong, I have an SS and while I can acknowledge some of the "gripes" people have with the Camaro, personally, I would choose it again over the other two - but I wanted a car that is at the top of the handling food chain (as I autocross) - most people, however, I feel would rather sacrifice a little handling to get something a little more "tour-isk" for daily driving and commuting......and thus here we sit.

It will truly be interesting to see what happens next to the Camaro - if they stick to their guns and keep making the best handling one of the bunch, concede and make a change to a more commuter friendly vehicle or simply shut the line/brand down.....only time will tell
trophy hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:21 PM   #10
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
I don’t care. I own one and enjoy it. I don’t think overall sales when I drive.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:28 PM   #11
ILBMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy hunter View Post
Well, the way I see it is all three manufacturers went in somewhat different directions.....and if you are just STRICKTLY just look at overall sales - Camaro failed - but I don't look at it that way

Here's the thing, in my humble opinion:
Dodge was looking for comfort and straight line speed - as they feel that is what customer's are looking for
Chevrolet was looking to make a fast, "corner carver" with not as much emphasis on comfort.
Ford was looking to blend all three (comfort, speed, cornering) the best they could to interest any driver.

I feel all made what they set out to do but the general public apparently isn't looking for something that was created a little more specific like the Camaro. Now, don't get me wrong, I have an SS and while I can acknowledge some of the "gripes" people have with the Camaro, personally, I would choose it again over the other two - but I wanted a car that is at the top of the handling food chain (as I autocross) - most people, however, I feel would rather sacrifice a little handling to get something a little more "tour-isk" for daily driving and commuting......and thus here we sit.

It will truly be interesting to see what happens next to the Camaro - if they stick to their guns and keep making the best handling one of the bunch, concede and make a change to a more commuter friendly vehicle or simply shut the line/brand down.....only time will tell
I couldn't agree more
Old 01-05-2019, 11:53 PM   #12
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
The 50K noted is for sales of the Camaro in 2018, right? This is not the # of 18's built as there are many still available, I assume. So, how many '18's were built?
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:49 AM   #13
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
There is some critical data missing for this conversation that we rarely see.

What are the V8 to V8 sales (SS v. GT)

Buyer age

Buyer sex

Worse news is simply that the whole segment is down. According to the data in this even the Mustang only had 75,000 sales for the year. Only a few years ago that number was 150,000. Also noted was December was the Mustang's worse month since 2014.

But with GM now selling Camaros close to the volumes of a good year of Corvette sales, something has to give.

In the past, GM has rushed models ahead to try and bolster poor sales (Malibu previous generation) but there is nothing Camaro like with camo in any spy photos. Which says anything new is more than 80 weeks away at best.

So staying away from the reason Camaro is selling poorly it's simply scary that the entire segment of "sporty coupes" from GM, Ford and Fiat are now under 200,000 units combined. That barely keeps one plant running. GM is fortunate that the Camaro shares production with the ATS/CTS. But even worse for GM? The Camaro is by far the highest selling model out LGR.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #14
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
true on sales in the segment for sure

,,,,although as far as the mustang the last time it sold 150,000 was 2006 with no Camaro or dodge offering.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote