Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 11-12-2021, 11:22 AM   #99
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
my friend has rr on his 1le with dssv and i was on supercar 3s and we were less than half a second apart on the same track day same session so i dont think they are slow but they arent 3r fast
Old 11-12-2021, 12:22 PM   #100
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
my friend has rr on his 1le with dssv and i was on supercar 3s and we were less than half a second apart on the same track day same session so i dont think they are slow but they arent 3r fast
Ya, my thoughts ditto. Plus, there's some folks that outright don't like them per earlier posts. But, no 1st hand experience here myself. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:35 PM   #101
Rwhp042

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm considering trying 295/345-19 Toyo Proxes RR over the 305/325-19 Goodyear 3Rs for NASA Time Trials. Is the verdict that the 3Rs are faster? How quickly do the Toyos come up to temp? I only have a single lap to set a lap time due to a 45-mph outlap, 1st flying lap at 8/10ths, money lap, hit traffic. The 3R's never hit ideal operating temp which comes in at lap 3-4 typically on a 2 mile track. Hoosier A7's are preferred, but will bump me from the top-end of TT2 to the bottom-end of TT1.

Same here. Trying to stay in TT2 with ZL1. I have experience with RR’s on my Viper (sold). They do seem to come up to temperature quicker, but also fall off quicker. As mentioned, the 3rs take a few laps, but stay solid for quite a while.

I used contingency awards to purchase a set of 295/345 RR’s for the ZLE. We will see how they do next year.
Rwhp042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 01:59 PM   #102
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
I wasnt able to come near 3R times with the RR's when I tried them
Old 08-15-2022, 06:30 PM   #103
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
I just tried Perelli Trofeo R tires for the first time on a very tight a technical twisty 19 turn one minute 20 second lap track… I drive very hard and push the car and the tires to their limits

I don’t have a lot of detailed nuisanced Feedback, however I can say that they seem to have grip levels very comparable to the SC3R, definitely not more and maybe a little less, perhaps slightly less…

These Trofeo R tires were one year old with full tread compared to four years old with about half tread left SC3R’s

I was still gaining confidence with the tire and because I took off all remaining traction control for the first time ever (everything completely off - past Race mode) , I was getting the rear tires too warm and was losing the back end in the middle of corners without any throttle in an otherwise neutral balanced and set up car.

Once I use the more I will have a better idea of how long they last by comparison and if I think they’ll get as fast once they have less tread depth
Old 09-06-2022, 10:25 AM   #104
khcoaching

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
I ran the RRs into the ground last week and understand them quite a bit more. They are a solid tire for lapping, wear amazingly well, super robust and can take huge abuse. That said, they are slow....I did run a PB for that tire early morning, first session, but they were a slow slide downhill after that. I also played with pressures and had the best luck at 30pi hot....If I wasn't looking for a lap time and just wanted to lap, these are great.