Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #6763
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Hummers aren't pickups*, and yes it's me because we don't have the infrastructure for it at this time.

Oh, and my current truck get's very good fuel mileage so no, I won't be buying a 100K electric any time soon.
But the logic still applies for the brand. Hummer is supposedly built around being the ultimate in off-roading. Not being able to venture too far from civilization kinda runs counter to that.

*some of them were & were dubbed 'SUT's' for Sport Utility Truck. But thats secondary to the point either of us were making.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #6764
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Side note: What do you guys think about that Mustang Mach-E all electric SUV that is coming? Pictures and information leaked today. I have to say...I like it overall in the "GT" trim below. I'm not sure about the colored grille. Shaved door handles are nice. It also bugs me that they are calling it a "Mustang" and it even has the Mustang emblem on it (It's not a damn Mustang). The other thing that dings me is that they are using a huge Tesla style screen in the middle of the interior dash. Ugh...I can't stand the Tesla 3 interior.
I don't get this at all from any angle. Why not just a Edge or Escape variant? This pisses me off more than the Blazer nameplate on a CUV without offroad chops.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:23 AM   #6765
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
I read an article not long ago which basically said that if the Hummer H2 and H3 came out today, they'd likely be more popular than they were at the time considering today's Truck and SUV boom. I have to say that I kind of agree with that. I'm saying with ICE engines and all.

But I have also heard GM could be considering Hummer for an all electric future. Hrrrmmm….we'll see!

Side note: What do you guys think about that Mustang Mach-E all electric SUV that is coming? Pictures and information leaked today. I have to say...I like it overall in the "GT" trim below. I'm not sure about the colored grille. Shaved door handles are nice. It also bugs me that they are calling it a "Mustang" and it even has the Mustang emblem on it (It's not a damn Mustang). The other thing that dings me is that they are using a huge Tesla style screen in the middle of the interior dash. Ugh...I can't stand the Tesla 3 interior.

Personally I think the design and specs of the Mach E are a good move by Ford. It needs to NOT be an electric version of an existing vehicle and it needs to NOT look like other EVs on the road. They’ve succeeded at that. Using Mustang design cues has produced a nice looking vehicle, especially by electric vehicle standards.

They are taking risks with using the Mach E name. The pitchforks and torches came out hard on Mustang6 when they implied at their 2018 NAIAS Press Conference that the EV might be named Mach 1. The outrage subsided a lot, but not totally, when the Mach E name leaked out. But spiked again when it was confirmed that it would carry the Mustang name and running pony badge.

The hard-core Mustang fans carrying the pitchforks and torches would probably never consider buying the vehicle no matter what it is called. Those who buy the vehicle at this point in time are pretty much already EV intenders. Putting the Mustang name on it could sway people who think the Mustang is cool, but for practical reasons, would probably never own one. Unless people are saying “I will now change my mind on buying a Mustang GT because the idea of a Mach E offends me that much” then Ford is in a safe spot with the name. It is literally the Mustang of electric vehicles.

Now, having said all that, I have high confidence that Ford has another “surprise” announcement that they’ll drop when they intro the Mach E. Can’t say any more about that due to an embargo situation with my source. Mustang fans will be very happy. Even the ones with pitchforks and torches.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 11-16-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #6766
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Now, having said all that, I have high confidence that Ford has another “surprise” announcement that they’ll drop when they intro the Mach E. Can’t say any more about that due to an embargo situation with my source. Mustang fans will be very happy. Even the ones with pitchforks and torches.
So hybrid V8 Mustang. Got it.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:58 PM   #6767
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Or all electric Mustang with Tesla speed????
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:23 PM   #6768
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...nt/4196250002/

D-Ham future product:

Hummer truck/SUV for 2021
Van for 2021
Sierra EV in 2023
Escalade EV in 2023
Old 11-18-2019, 08:17 AM   #6769
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
But the logic still applies for the brand. Hummer is supposedly built around being the ultimate in off-roading. Not being able to venture too far from civilization kinda runs counter to that.

*some of them were & were dubbed 'SUT's' for Sport Utility Truck. But thats secondary to the point either of us were making.
I completely agree. However - 99.9% were pavement pounders with Dubs downtown...and to recognize that reality, and market to it is pretty smart.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:34 AM   #6770
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
I read an article not long ago which basically said that if the Hummer H2 and H3 came out today, they'd likely be more popular than they were at the time considering today's Truck and SUV boom. I have to say that I kind of agree with that. I'm saying with ICE engines and all.

But I have also heard GM could be considering Hummer for an all electric future. Hrrrmmm….we'll see!

I think it is ridiculous and pure folly. It exacerbates the crossover and hybrid genres and disrespects the heritage of the Mustang. It is much better IMO to cancel a model and move on as opposed to just pasting a nameplate on something hoping that it will sell.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:04 AM   #6771

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Going to auto show Friday....hopefully will see the new Corvette...here's a link to the car show debuts....

https://laautoshow.com/vehicle-debuts/
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:19 AM   #6772

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Mach e

https://laautoshow.com/vehicle/mustang-mach-e/
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:28 PM   #6773
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Personally I think the design and specs of the Mach E are a good move by Ford. It needs to NOT be an electric version of an existing vehicle and it needs to NOT look like other EVs on the road. They’ve succeeded at that. Using Mustang design cues has produced a nice looking vehicle, especially by electric vehicle standards.

They are taking risks with using the Mach E name. The pitchforks and torches came out hard on Mustang6 when they implied at their 2018 NAIAS Press Conference that the EV might be named Mach 1. The outrage subsided a lot, but not totally, when the Mach E name leaked out. But spiked again when it was confirmed that it would carry the Mustang name and running pony badge.

The hard-core Mustang fans carrying the pitchforks and torches would probably never consider buying the vehicle no matter what it is called. Those who buy the vehicle at this point in time are pretty much already EV intenders. Putting the Mustang name on it could sway people who think the Mustang is cool, but for practical reasons, would probably never own one. Unless people are saying “I will now change my mind on buying a Mustang GT because the idea of a Mach E offends me that much” then Ford is in a safe spot with the name. It is literally the Mustang of electric vehicles.

Agree for the most part above ^ I just think using mustang name was a mistake.

Big announcement.....Mach 1 returning????
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:52 PM   #6774
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Agree for the most part above ^ I just think using mustang name was a mistake.
So do I. I just understand why they did it. If I was king of FoMoCo I would have named it Torino. People of a certain age will remember that Torino was a fairly cool, sometimes fast stylish coupe. With or without white lightning stripe .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Big announcement.....Mach 1 returning????
Embargo. Until it’s lifted I have nothing to say
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:51 PM   #6775
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
So do I. I just understand why they did it. If I was king of FoMoCo I would have named it Torino. People of a certain age will remember that Torino was a fairly cool, sometimes fast stylish coupe. With or without white lightning stripe .

Embargo. Until it’s lifted I have nothing to say
To me, it basically tells me that Ford wants to start having Mustang basically like it's own little sub brand.

To second part
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:40 PM   #6776
Tactical 1LE

Drives: '11 LS3 'Vert & 13 1LE, Expedition
Good to see Kevin still putting in work here.
Tactical 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions