Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-24-2023, 08:55 AM   #267
Yang N’ Bang
17’ Hyper Blue 2SS

Drives: 17’ Camaro 2SS
I kinda just think the collector’s edition is a boring way to send the 6th gen out on, in comparison to what they did for the challenger with essentially a street legal 10 second factory drag car. Chevy could have gone all out and given us a street legal copo with the 632.
Yang N’ Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:56 AM   #268
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
EV's suck. I have MINUS ZERO interest in a vehicle that is an appliance. I am pissed. I am disappointed. And apparently I will have to find a new hobby now after 50 years on this earth or buy a S650 Mustang which I just might. Thanks GM. That's all I have to say......(end rant here).
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:29 AM   #269
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingJess View Post
I graduate in 2 years from PA school. I can’t afford a ZL1 right now. If I want one by then, guess it would have to be an used one.

If anyone here wants to keep their ZL1 in their garage for 2 years for me, I’d appreciate it very much
Used is fine! These cars will be around for a while and prob won't start to appreciate (if they do) for another decade at least.

I was in a similar spot when I was younger -- my dream car was a 4th gen Trans Am. GM killed the f-body in 2002 when I was a freshman in high school. But I was able to swing a '99 Trans Am as my first car in 2004. Used, obviously, but no way could I have afforded a new one at that age even if they were available.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:31 AM   #270
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
It’s actually very easy to track on the internet.

And back on topic, I like that they are putting the Panther reference up front. It’s been pretty much “inside baseball” knowledge. Only the deep Camaro community has been really aware of it. I wonder if there might be some tie to a future product name for the eventual Camaro replacement. Start priming the pump now connecting Panther to Camaro, then introduce a Panther nameplate or trim on a future EV sports car.

This ^

I said almost the exact same thing earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Maybe it's meant to bridge the name to one they'll use on the likely EV Camaro. Similar to Dodge adding "Banshee" to the Daytona Charger EV.

Maybe we'll see a 2026 Chevrolet Camaro SS Panther EV.

PS: that panther design gave me a strong '67-'70 Mercury Cougar badge vibes.

From a pure marketing paradigm, it just makes the most sense.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:34 AM   #271
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingJess View Post
I graduate in 2 years from PA school. I can’t afford a ZL1 right now. If I want one by then, guess it would have to be an used one.

If anyone here wants to keep their ZL1 in their garage for 2 years for me, I’d appreciate it very much
Hit me up then. I plan to retire in 2 years and might sell mine to open up a chair and umbrella stand at the beach.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:36 AM   #272
Yang N’ Bang
17’ Hyper Blue 2SS

Drives: 17’ Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
The Challenger Demon 170 is an 8 second car.
Correct, meant to say *under 10 second* but I’m more or less saying what your average consumer would do in it
Yang N’ Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:26 AM   #273
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
EV's suck. I have MINUS ZERO interest in a vehicle that is an appliance. I am pissed. I am disappointed. And apparently I will have to find a new hobby now after 50 years on this earth or buy a S650 Mustang which I just might. Thanks GM. That's all I have to say......(end rant here).
I agree with the bold text. I'm not pissed... it is what it is. Things and Times change. Sometimes for the better and sometimes not so much. My Camaro is not my DD, I could easily hang onto this car for the rest of my time on this earth. You still do have a couple ICE options with Mustang and Corvette. I still do not believe that the manufactures will be able to go all EV. I'll believe it when I see it. Just becaues they make them, does not mean people will buy them. The conusmer will dictate that in the end. I'll wait and see. For now...I'll enjoy the Camaro I have.

I will however pay attention to the 2024 Collectors to see what it's about and if I want to try to get my hands on one.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:41 AM   #274
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I agree with the bold text. I'm not pissed... it is what it is. Things and Times change. Sometimes for the better and sometimes not so much. My Camaro is not my DD, I could easily hang onto this car for the rest of my time on this earth. You still do have a couple ICE options with Mustang and Corvette. I still do not believe that the manufactures will be able to go all EV. I'll believe it when I see it. Just becaues they make them, does not mean people will buy them. The conusmer will dictate that in the end. I'll wait and see. For now...I'll enjoy the Camaro I have.

I will however pay attention to the 2024 Collectors to see what it's about and if I want to try to get my hands on one.
I am no doubt a supporter of the broader move to EV, but I also try to point out that they are not for everybody. Will I buy an EV? Certainly. Probably sooner than later. But I will still keep my Camaro and MR2 unless I replace one or both with a Corvette. I know I spend a lot of time on this forum “pushing” EVs, but what I’m really trying to point out is that
  1. The transition is happening and is way beyond vaporware
  2. It’s driven by the automakers, not the US government. Chinese government? Probably. EU regulation? Yeah. US government? No, but there are some states that are pushing some strong regulation.
  3. There are a lot of things EVs do better than ICE, even more that they do just as well, and a handful of things that ICE does better that will keep ICE around at lower volume levels for at least the rest of my time on this planet. Maybe even my kids’ time.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:44 AM   #275
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
I am no doubt a supporter of the broader move to EV, but I also try to point out that they are not for everybody. Will I buy an EV? Certainly. Probably sooner than later. But I will still keep my Camaro and MR2 unless I replace one or both with a Corvette. I know I spend a lot of time on this forum “pushing” EVs, but what I’m really trying to point out is that
  2. It’s driven by the automakers, not the US government. Chinese government? Probably. EU regulation? Yeah. US government? No, but there are some states that are pushing some strong regulation.
  3. There are a lot of things EVs do better than ICE, even more that they do just as well, and a handful of things that ICE does better that will keep ICE around at lower volume levels for at least the rest of my time on this planet. Maybe even my kids’ time.
This ^ I mean I was totally against the idea of EVs. As they continue to improve I told my wife the other day her next vehicle will probably be an EV lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:49 AM   #276
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Could all very well be true... All I'm saying is that the consumer will dictate if EV's move forward or not. Consumer always dictates any product.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:01 AM   #277
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Could all very well be true... All I'm saying is that the consumer will dictate if EV's move forward or not. Consumer always dictates any product.
Totally agree. That’s where I think my 3rd bullet kicks in hard. There are a lot of things that EVs do better than ICE and as more people become exposed to those things because their neighbors and coworkers and relatives drive EVs, the scales will tip. We forecast that happening in the 2026-27 timeframe when there are EVs available in pretty much every form of passenger vehicle that ICE is available in and people don’t get left out because “EVs are too expensive”.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:08 AM   #278

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Yes, everyone will go EV eventually. What do you think will happen once ICE production arbitrarily ends? There will be no other choice. And that choice will be limited and far more expensive. Believe what you want, but EVs will never be a true replacement in any kind of numbers that will make it readily affordable. That is what the true goal is...Less of everything...

No matter what the successor is to the last Camaro, it will likely be many years away. No reveal of a reveal date for any Camaro/Panther EV yet. That movie we've seen over and over with all the other EVs puts anything after this gen Camaro years away. Call it a Panther, a Camaro, whatever. In time, no one will care and the ICE Camaros will be a fading memory.

EVs are a subsidized scam and will eventually be shown to be the epic mistake of all automotive and economic history.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:16 AM   #279
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
You want adaptive cruise control in a car than go buy a mom mobile, I want to drive my car, not have itself drive for me.

As they say reading is fundamental. Every other sports car has it at this point. It's also my DD as mentioned so yeah I'd like Adaptive for travel. Can't put power down or use a sports car in super awesome Interstate congestion and adaptive sure is useful there.
2017 50th Anniversary 2LT\RS - #1583 SOLD
2017 50th Anniversary 2SS - #3410
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:20 AM   #280
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
The announcement thanking everyone ...employees; Combine that with financial news and it looks like a bad omen from a company that might be going back into survival attempt mode.

Inflation has hurt purchasing power. Fighting inflation with rates hurts banking for consumers. Powell and Yellen don't look like they have any good answers left and Europe looks worse. China might be putting the screws to automakers.

The question might be what must the automakers keep?
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote