Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 02-07-2022, 06:36 PM   #15
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
Always hate to hear about loss of a life. On the bright side think of all the crimes that these guys can't commit now. Society advanced a few steps forward.
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:23 PM   #16
Dougyfd

Drives: 2019 camaro
Well said ZO 6 Ted
Dougyfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:47 PM   #17
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Maybe one of the dead was headed to become the person to cure cancer?

You have the back story of all involved?

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:21 AM   #18
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Has anyone else noticed how some of the drivers of the Challengers and Chargers drive recklessly on local city streets and highways? Where I live they race up and down the streets with their obnoxious loud exhausts thinking they are race car drivers endangering other drivers.
Just a guess...

It may be because the Challenger has sold larger quantities over time, and younger people are more readily able to get their hands on a 700HP car for "cheap money" on the used market.

Let's be honest, though... it's just as prevalent in Mustangs, Camaros, and every other high HP car out there. The reason you don't see it -quite- as much in the JDM space is because the car owners have spent a lot of time and money wrenching on it to make it into a high powered car and understand it a little better. Still, look at the dumb things new owners of cars like the NSX and other 'exotics' do when they drive them without understanding what they're capable of.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 12:12 PM   #19
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Has anyone else noticed how some of the drivers of the Challengers and Chargers drive recklessly on local city streets and highways? Where I live they race up and down the streets with their obnoxious loud exhausts thinking they are race car drivers endangering other drivers.
Actually, I know a guy with a Hellcat Charger and he is a pretty good driver. I am probably the one with the loud exhaust, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Maybe one of the dead was headed to become the person to cure cancer?

You have the back story of all involved?
I know this probably doesn't apply to this particular story, but there was a big crash a while back in my neck of woods where the guy fatally crashed a car share car and he was supposedly becoming a doctor. Probably wanted to relieve some stress but did it the wrong way at the wrong spot.

That said, stuffing 7 people in your car... Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Just a guess...

It may be because the Challenger has sold larger quantities over time, and younger people are more readily able to get their hands on a 700HP car for "cheap money" on the used market.

Let's be honest, though... it's just as prevalent in Mustangs, Camaros, and every other high HP car out there. The reason you don't see it -quite- as much in the JDM space is because the car owners have spent a lot of time and money wrenching on it to make it into a high powered car and understand it a little better. Still, look at the dumb things new owners of cars like the NSX and other 'exotics' do when they drive them without understanding what they're capable of.
Nah, it's just that most JDM cars are not fast enough for them to be an actual threat. Even VTEC can only do so much.

Seriously, though, I think what I said above applies to ricers, where what you said applies more to actual tuners or more mature owners.

I think it just comes down to if you can practice the "nothing to prove" rule. You know your car is capable of being very fast so there is no need to prove it. I have a buddy with a bike and he said there was a C300 that tried to race him while he didn't even want to race (he just wanted to make a pass), and that C300 ended up clipping another car. Absolute idiot. Didn't sound like anyone was hurt so there is that.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 12:24 PM   #20
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I know this probably doesn't apply to this particular story, but there was a big crash a while back in my neck of woods where the guy fatally crashed a car share car and he was supposedly becoming a doctor. Probably wanted to relieve some stress but did it the wrong way at the wrong spot.

That said, stuffing 7 people in your car... Yeah.
There's a huge difference between accidentally totalling and killing yourself in a Turo exotic because you wanted some stress relief and killing yourself and all your criminal friends while evading the police with guns and stolen credit cards in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Nah, it's just that most JDM cars are not fast enough for them to be an actual threat. Even VTEC can only do so much.

Seriously, though, I think what I said above applies to ricers, where what you said applies more to actual tuners or more mature owners.

I think it just comes down to if you can practice the "nothing to prove" rule. You know your car is capable of being very fast so there is no need to prove it. I have a buddy with a bike and he said there was a C300 that tried to race him while he didn't even want to race (he just wanted to make a pass), and that C300 ended up clipping another car. Absolute idiot. Didn't sound like anyone was hurt so there is that.
I still agree with the other person. It's far too easy for any dipshit with decent credit to walk off the lot with a subprime financed Hellcat/Redeye. To get that power level from a Supra (despite everyone thinking it's super easy) will cost upwards of $40k and it's not like you can finance that so you need to have it in cash. That's also on top of whatever silly $$$ it costs to buy the JDM in the first place.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 12:53 PM   #21
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
There's a huge difference between accidentally totalling and killing yourself in a Turo exotic because you wanted some stress relief and killing yourself and all your criminal friends while evading the police with guns and stolen credit cards in the car.

I still agree with the other person. It's far too easy for any dipshit with decent credit to walk off the lot with a subprime financed Hellcat/Redeye. To get that power level from a Supra (despite everyone thinking it's super easy) will cost upwards of $40k and it's not like you can finance that so you need to have it in cash. That's also on top of whatever silly $$$ it costs to buy the JDM in the first place.
Yeah that's not true at all. For about 10k you'll be right at 600 to the tire which is only about 40 less than what most non redeye auto hellcats dyno. Have no idea where you got that 40k number from but it's far from the truth.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 12:56 PM   #22
zxspeedspec
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Yeah that's not true at all. For about 10k you'll be right at 600 to the tire which is only about 40 less than what most non redeye auto hellcats dyno. Have no idea where you got that 40k number from but it's far from the truth.
JDM refers to the original Supra. The new Supra is a Euro car. Designed by BMW, built in Austria, gets a Toyota badge.

JDM also refers to things like R32/33/34, S15, RX7, etc.

If you can build a 600 rwhp old school Supra, you have a multi-million/billion dollar business on your hands or you've invented quantum entanglement forced induction.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:20 PM   #23
Puddin

Quote:
JDM refers to the original Supra. The new Supra is a Euro car. Designed by BMW, built in Austria, gets a Toyota badge.

JDM also refers to things like R32/33/34, S15, RX7, etc.

If you can build a 600 rwhp old school Supra, you have a multi-million/billion dollar business on your hands or you've invented quantum entanglement forced induction.
Meh it's still a Toyota. Other than the price to get an Mk4 the 40k is still an exaggeration to get it to 600 to the wheel.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:57 PM   #24
zxspeedspec
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Meh it's still a Toyota. Other than the price to get an Mk4 the 40k is still an exaggeration to get it to 600 to the wheel.
Congrats! You are now the new owner of Hennessey JDM edition. Better stop wasting time talking to us on C6 and switch over to FerrariChat now that you can do it for 1/4 the cost that anyone else has been able to.

Or are you just mounting two eBay turbos and turning the boost to 40 PSI for a single dyno run?
Old 02-08-2022, 04:24 PM   #25
Puddin

Quote:
Congrats! You are now the new owner of Hennessey JDM edition. Better stop wasting time talking to us on C6 and switch over to FerrariChat now that you can do it for 1/4 the cost that anyone else has been able to.

Or are you just mounting two eBay turbos and turning the boost to 40 PSI for a single dyno run?
1/2 the cost but whatever floats your boat. I started with imports before switching over here so I've been around a few. This car I have now has by far been my most expensive to modify with it only making 100hp more than my Gsx did.
Old 02-08-2022, 07:05 PM   #26
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Drive safe and don't endanger others. Pretty much sums this up.

Stay safe folks.

760RWHP Magnuson 1SS
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 09:20 AM   #27
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
senseless.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:33 AM   #28
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Just plain senseless and stupid! These "badguys" STILL haven't figured out that just because their car car go 170 or so, that helicopter above them tracking them can fly well over 250 mph, so they probably won't get away, but then it ends up like this. So stupid.