Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-12-2019, 12:17 AM   #1
What’s “Fifty” mean?

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS (50th Anniversary)
Help! Exhaust Issue

I have a 2017 SS (Fifty) but it does not have NPP Exhaust. I have headers, CAI and tune coming within the next few months, but I'd like a bit more sound now, without removing the mufflers. I've seen many videos and posts concerning the removal of the secondary cats, but all the cars also had NPP Exhaust. My old 2015 SS didn't have NPP Either and a simple resonator removal fixed my "quiet car" issue.

Sooo, will removing the secondary cats on a car that does not have NPP, make the car louder or increase the decel pops and crackles?

Thanks for the Help! - Formerly ReDDevilSS
What’s “Fifty” mean? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:37 AM   #2
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by What’s “Fifty” mean? View Post
I have a 2017 SS (Fifty) but it does not have NPP Exhaust. I have headers, CAI and tune coming within the next few months, but I'd like a bit more sound now, without removing the mufflers. I've seen many videos and posts concerning the removal of the secondary cats, but all the cars also had NPP Exhaust. My old 2015 SS didn't have NPP Either and a simple resonator removal fixed my "quiet car" issue.

Sooo, will removing the secondary cats on a car that does not have NPP, make the car louder or increase the decel pops and crackles?

Not sure what mufflers you have, but I installed AWE Touring axleback mufflers, kept the secondary cats in place, and I get lots of pops and crackles on deceleration. My car does not have NPP exhaust. I would imagine deleting the cats will increase the volume, but I’m not sure how it affects the deceleration pops and crackles.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:59 AM   #3
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
The Borla, S type axle back is amazing, I have been singing it's praises since I bought it, it breaks an over time and sounds amazing, great build quality on top of an easy install. You won't regret it and your neighbors will love you.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by What’s “Fifty” mean? View Post

Yup. Removing the cats from any car will make it louder, secondary cats included, regardless of what exhaust you have. Decel pops, probably increase too but cant say for sure.