Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-08-2018, 05:05 AM   #1
midas@bellnet

Drives: 2017 camaro ZL1
Al addressing the m6 bog issue

is Al going to address this issue?
midas@bellnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:23 AM   #2
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
It's been answered in the ask AL section. Long story short your putting big power down so the car is finicky for getting a good launch. Even their test drivers took multiple attempts to achieve their results
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:45 AM   #3
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Basically says we don't know how to drive a manual
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520373

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:45 AM   #4
pwells18

Drives: 2017 zl1 conv 6 sp- '18 trackhawk
MY Trackhawk doesn't bog when i floor it from a stop..with or without launch control..the answer is b/s- it shudnt bog..gmafb..
pwells18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:43 AM   #5
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwells18 View Post
MY Trackhawk doesn't bog when i floor it from a stop..with or without launch control..the answer is b/s- it shudnt bog..gmafb..
Track hawk is auto correct? The main bog issues are for the manual which I see you have. Once you introduce a clutch, and elsd that's more factors to get a car to launch. And the big one seems to be the human factor lol. Assuming you get it moving off the line good than I believe the diff comes into play. I'm sure an after market tune would fix
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #6
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
He provided us with nothing more than a politically correct answer that basically said that we were correct it bogs on purpose in order to save the transmission during hard launch. I think he forgets that they were multiple lawsuits for the Corvette cooling problem and that if enough of us been together we could make this an issue for General Motors as well. If my personal decision is to beat the heck out of my car and break things and don’t have them warranty then so be it but I don’t want General Motors engineering into their product and telling me what to do . At least be upfront with a warning notice to all buyers that they can’t launch hard with this car it will just fall flat on its face. this applies to both automatics and manual transmissions.
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #7
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
The only problem I have is them trying to encrypt them so we have trouble tuning them and accessing tables. If they are gonna build these parameters in let us remove them in exchange for our warranty
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #8
pwells18

Drives: 2017 zl1 conv 6 sp- '18 trackhawk
perfect response..well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post
He provided us with nothing more than a politically correct answer that basically said that we were correct it bogs on purpose in order to save the transmission during hard launch. I think he forgets that they were multiple lawsuits for the Corvette cooling problem and that if enough of us been together we could make this an issue for General Motors as well. If my personal decision is to beat the heck out of my car and break things and don’t have them warranty then so be it but I don’t want General Motors engineering into their product and telling me what to do . At least be upfront with a warning notice to all buyers that they can’t launch hard with this car it will just fall flat on its face. this applies to both automatics and manual transmissions.
pwells18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:09 PM   #9
NicD

Drives: Camaro
You have two options,
1. Sell the car if you don't like it or can't get used to it and buy something else
2. Tune the computer and get rid of torque management but don't expect them to warranty anything after the fact since you've modified it

This is nothing new, torque management has been in place on just about every manufacturer vehicle since the 90s in one form or another to help keep components alive.
You already have the option to void your warranty and get rid of it via the aftermarket or just have fun driving your car as is.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:19 PM   #10
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicD View Post
You have two options,
1. Sell the car if you don't like it or can't get used to it and buy something else
2. Tune the computer and get rid of torque management but don't expect them to warranty anything after the fact since you've modified it

This is nothing new, torque management has been in place on just about every manufacturer vehicle since the 90s in one form or another to help keep components alive.
You already have the option to void your warranty and get rid of it via the aftermarket or just have fun driving your car as is.
Can you enlighten us as to a tuner who can do this, because all we've heard so far is crickets?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:33 PM   #11
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicD View Post
You have two options,

Everybody tuner i have spoken with remains unable to remove TM. I have even challenged vendor sponsors of this forum...no-go. Don thank get me wrong, I love the car, and am glad I did not buy it with drag racing in mind. But many did, and they are now unable to explore the full potential of the car.
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #12
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
so what did vengeance do to their car because the vid showing off the 1100hp car didn't bog off the line at all?
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:47 PM   #13
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Yeah fasterproms is getting it done with their manual atsv too
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:26 PM   #14
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
so what did vengeance do to their car because the vid showing off the 1100hp car didn't bog off the line at all?
The video I saw...they had the A10