Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #43
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
Love my '16 2SS vert M6, she's been an amazing car.
I'm in So Cal, so a droptop Manual V8 is hard to walk from, but trying to avoid a big hit in depreciation and repairs is a priority. . .
I would hold onto it for a few more years, since you love it. My reasoning is that I think the future of these V8 muscle cars may be in jeopardy. There is not a lot of demand, and manufacturers like Ford are already slashing car production. We are seeing some great V8's coming out of Detroit these days. But it seems a bit precarious to me for many reasons-- President Bernie Sanders, just as one possible example.

You can mod it if you want, but most people with a 2016 who are into mods probably would have done that already. No shame in driving an unmodified SS!
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:27 AM   #44
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
You can mod it if you want, but most people with a 2016 who are into mods probably would have done that already. No shame in driving an unmodified SS!
Speaking of this, after heavily modifying my 2002 SS. I don't think I will be doing much to my 2018. Sure it made the car haul ass but I am not going to get anywhere near the value of the parts if I end up selling the 02. I wish I would have at least kept the OEM parts instead of sell them off so I could return it to stock. I've pretty much decided to keep the 02 because of the loss of value, unless someone offers me a fair price.

If I do end up modding the 18 after the warranty is up, I am for sure keeping all the parts this time around, but it is already a hell of a car.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #45
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Thing is the 2002 needed a lot of improvement, where the 6th gen is already much better than you could make a 4th gen back in the day for the most part!!
And unless you SC it there isn't much improvement in mods.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #46
ctrlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
And unless you SC it there isn't much improvement in mods.
probably get flamed for this, but, yeah, most mods do as much for the car as thigh cream does for cellulite.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:45 AM   #47
ctrlz

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...name-revealed/
This is the type of headline that makes me wonder about the future of V8 muscle!
Old 11-14-2019, 06:34 PM   #48
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Keep it put some money in the bank
Old 11-14-2019, 07:01 PM   #49
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Here’s a thought.... keep your current car and donate to a charity that feeds hungry people, some may be your neighbors. You’ll feel better?
Old 11-27-2019, 02:26 AM   #50
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
I bought my 17 one year ago for $24k. Most of the bleeding is over so keep it now or trade for a slightly used or new ZL1. Pay cash for the dif if you can. Do not waste money on mods in CA.
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:43 PM   #51
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Not a fan of mods at all. I'm just being lured by Elon with a Model 3 performance, 2.8 0-60, no gas, minimal maintenance. Totally love my 'Maro, so I'd rather keep both, but doesn't make financial sense, even though its now paid off. Car is pristine, so I should shut up and be happy, but I almost always get a new shiny car every 2-3 years. . .
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:25 PM   #52
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Every month that goes by without me having a car payment is something I regard as a victory.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:37 PM   #53
CrazyCatGuy
I'm the cats pajamas baby

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I'm just being lured by Elon with a Model 3 performance, 2.8 0-60, no gas, minimal maintenance.
Yeah, but then you actually have to be seen in a Model 3.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #54
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatGuy View Post
Yeah, but then you actually have to be seen in a Model 3.
haha yeah, but have you driven one yet? I consider it a different kind of "American Muscle", more like "American Brain", crazy, instant torque, no dead dinosaur. Agreed, wish it had a stick shift and a droptop, tho'. Hopefully, end goal is electric commuter, topdown V8 weekends.
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:18 AM   #55
CoolbreezeNJ

Drives: '18 Hotwheels 2SS
Quote:
haha yeah, but have you driven one yet? I consider it a different kind of "American Muscle", more like "American Brain", crazy, instant torque, no dead dinosaur. Agreed, wish it had a stick shift and a droptop, tho'. Hopefully, end goal is electric commuter, topdown V8 weekends.
The speed is nice but where is the handling like the Camaro? You can read every rag and they all say it is one of the best chassis ever.

Go and get your Tesla on a lease because they still don't have a used market to speak of so buying them is really dumb. I am one person who says the normal gas vehicle is dead as they have taken them as far as they can. However a V8 NA Camaro isn't a regular vehicle!!!

Leased an Audi Q3 for my wife recently and should have leased a Tesla. Q3 has a 2.0L Turbo and the thing is a total pig with the worst throttle tuning ever. I'm sure they did it for fuel mileage but for daily commuting I would say I'm done with "regular cars" if they are like this one. Going to gas stations, oil changes and anything else down the road. Why bother for a piece of junk just to go to work.
CoolbreezeNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:16 AM   #56
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Doesn't the Model 3 still beep in reverse? And you cant even order NPP! Lame.