#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #15
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
While the ZL1 suspension is stiffer than the std ss magride, a lot of the harshness comes from the tire height. The non 1le SS has a taller front tire.

I did No other changes went down to a “ZL1” height front tire and the ride got much more harsh. This is on a magride SS car. Food for thought
That may be partly true, but I will add to it and say...

The additional "stiffness" feel isn't actually from the springs, it is from the stiff sway bars. On straight roads the ZL1 and SS 1LE is very smooth, where you will run into "stiffness" is when you are turning and go over broken pavement, etc. The sway bars are so stiff that you get a decent amount of "cross talk" that transfers from side to side.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:15 AM   #16
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Smile Magnetic ride miracle

• I would say that the ZL1 (and SS with Magnetic Ride Control) are blessed with the "Magentic Ride Miracle".
  • I leave mine in Tour all the time.
  • Driving over normal roads (I'm in San Jose, CA, a lot of concrete highway in various stages of decay), this is one of the most compliant, yet controlled, suspensions I've felt in a sporty car - comparing to a '12 AMG C63 Coupe, '08 M3 Vert, '07 Z4 3.0i, '09 135i Vert.
  • However, at the same time, when heading down a mountain pass (ex. on way back from East over the Sierra Nevadas), or twisting thru Highway 1 (ex. up in Marin), it corners flat and rock solid- where the AMG C63 and M3 would lean.
  • I think this miracle is fully attributable to the MRC and shocks that adjust "1,000 times per second" to the road conditions.
  • I think MRC is arguably the best part of the ZL1 (and SS).
  • Merci beaucoup Cadillac!
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:21 AM   #17
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasar View Post
  • I would say that the ZL1 (and SS with Magnetic Ride Control) are blessed with the "Magentic Ride Miracle".
  • I leave mine in Tour all the time.
  • Driving over normal roads (I'm in San Jose, CA, a lot of concrete highway in various stages of decay), this is one of the most compliant, yet controlled, suspensions I've felt in a sporty car - comparing to a '12 AMG C63 Coupe, '08 M3 Vert, '07 Z4 3.0i, '09 135i Vert.
  • However, at the same time, when heading down a mountain pass (ex. on way back from East over the Sierra Nevadas), or twisting thru Highway 1 (ex. up in Marin), it corners flat and rock solid- where the AMG C63 and M3 would lean.
  • I think this miracle is fully attributable to the MRC and shocks that adjust "1,000 times per second" to the road conditions.
  • I think MRC is arguably the best part of the ZL1 (and SS).
  • Merci beaucoup Cadillac!
HWY 9 is my all time favorite, however, it is pretty busy these days. You will usually find me on it on Xmas day

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote