Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-06-2024, 09:41 PM   #323
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
Update: Blower was delivered today! I got the FI Interchillers Block Isolation Plates as well. When installing them, there was no way to see if they were properly aligned over the intake port. So, I had to remove the intercooler bricks. This allowed me to see through and in to the intake port. I'm glad I did this, as the plates would shift upward slightly when I started tightening the bolts. This caused a finger nail thick lip on the inner side plate at the intake port. I had to play around and slightly misalign the plates before tightening the bolts. This solved the issue. The other issue is the green belt will not fit. The stock belt fits fine, but the belt that came with my 2.3” Griptech pulley seems to be too short, maybe by the thickness of the block plates? I will try to order another belt slightly larger.
Attached Images

2023 ZL1 A10 - CSP 2" Long Tube Headers by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port/Polish w/Griptech 2.3" Upper | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Granatelli 0 Ohm Plug Wires | Katech Valve Covers w/Coil Relocation | FI Interchillers Blower Spacer Plates | Mighty Mouse Mild | JMS Flex Fuel Booster | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 305/285 | AEM w/b AFR | Banks iDash Data Monster | HPTuners MPVi3 Module and Licenses (ECU & CCM) | Remote Tuned by Ted at JRE

Last edited by 2023_ZL1-AUTO; 04-07-2024 at 05:57 AM.
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 10:58 AM   #324
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Great work Scott... really love watching your build come together! Very smart to remove the bricks in order to check for spacer port alignment. I did the same with my ports, and like you found lips, and was able to better port match for a smooth transition. Great photos and build updates... keep them coming!
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 08:43 PM   #325
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Thanks Gabe!

Update: I was able to get the ZL1 back together and took an easy test drive around the area where I live. New fender tank and new AN hose fittings all worked with NO LEAKS ! I really like the new AN SC coolant hose fittings I picked up from Racetronix. They work like a charm and look better than stock fittings. The "T" fitting made it so easy to bleed the air from the SC cooling loop! Also Ted Sr. at JRE was very responsive over the weekend to my emails etc and he's already sent me my first new base tune to flash for the NW 103mm and the X-port and 2.3 upper pulley. He said I'd need to drop from E60 to around E30 before doing my first full pull with the new setup. So, that's on the agenda for tomorrow! Also, Tuesday is the day the new Nitto's R555R2's are being put on! Also, I have to use the stock belt until I get a green belt the right size. I basically need one the size of the stock belt, as the stock one fits fine!
Attached Images

2023 ZL1 A10 - CSP 2" Long Tube Headers by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port/Polish w/Griptech 2.3" Upper | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Granatelli 0 Ohm Plug Wires | Katech Valve Covers w/Coil Relocation | FI Interchillers Blower Spacer Plates | Mighty Mouse Mild | JMS Flex Fuel Booster | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 305/285 | AEM w/b AFR | Banks iDash Data Monster | HPTuners MPVi3 Module and Licenses (ECU & CCM) | Remote Tuned by Ted at JRE
Old 04-07-2024, 09:21 PM   #326
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
Update: Blower was delivered today! I got the FI Interchillers Block Isolation Plates as well. When installing them, there was no way to see if they were properly aligned over the intake port. So, I had to remove the intercooler bricks. This allowed me to see through and in to the intake port. I'm glad I did this, as the plates would shift upward slightly when I started tightening the bolts. This caused a finger nail thick lip on the inner side plate at the intake port. I had to play around and slightly misalign the plates before tightening the bolts. This solved the issue. The other issue is the green belt will not fit. The stock belt fits fine, but the belt that came with my 2.3” Griptech pulley seems to be too short, maybe by the thickness of the block plates? I will try to order another belt slightly larger.

So is Kong adding a plate to the x-ports now instead of just using epoxy?
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 06:01 AM   #327
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
So is Kong adding a plate to the x-ports now instead of just using epoxy?
YEP !!! I was surprisingly SHOCK!!!! It's looks awesome ! Here is a better photo of that plate !
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2024, 07:12 AM   #328
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
That's awesome!!! Thanks for the photos!!! That work is a thing of beauty.

One of the nice things some vendors think of (THPSI) are studs to help locate the plates and blower for the reason you explicitly call out. While not impossible to overcome, that extra little money (or even a suggestion in the instructions) for the studs would have made the install go a little easier. It's not a deal breaker, but makes things a little smoother, and maybe keeps it as fun as this should be. JMHO.

That plate is really nice. That cleans things up a lot!

Also - Racetronix is bad@$$. I love their stuff, and I've used a lot of their fittings for my plumbing. They look great. They fit great. No one else makes a lot of their stuff, and the service/shipping is EXCELLENT. I HIGHLY recommend them.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:26 AM   #329
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
YEP !!! I was surprisingly SHOCK!!!! It's looks awesome ! Here is a better photo of that plate !

In all honesty, my ONLY concern about an X-Port was the epoxy.

Thanks for the info!!!
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 12:54 PM   #330
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Update: Tires! These Nitto R555R2's look great! Ted Jannetty is in the process of remote tuning after last round of changes! We are on the 3rd tune file and he instructed me to drop my E content from E60 to E30 before my next WOT pull. After this... I'm seriously looking at the Terminator CAM Package with Rough idle from JRE along with some option parts!
Attached Images

Last edited by 2023_ZL1-AUTO; 04-09-2024 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:38 PM   #331
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Congrats in the better meat out back... that will help a lot! Looking forward to hearing about your tuning progress. E30 is a safe starting point... might be able to bump that to E40 before you're done... but with that ported blower and more boost, you will be running out of fuel very soon. Ohhh the joys of modding!
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 08:24 AM   #332
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Update: Well, it’s official! After changing my stock upper to a Griptech 2.3, changing my 100mm Soler TB for a Kong NW 103mm and having my supercharger X-Ported by Kong. Guess what? Yep, I’m out of fuel! Fuel pressure is losing 400psi to 500psi below demand/command at the top, but boost is maintaining 16psi all the way through to redline. Overall, these changes have affected the thrilling acceleration I felt when “putting the pedal to the metal”. This could also be affected by needing to drop from E60 to E30 to even lower. My car just seems to have lost its “WOW” factory.

So, for the first time since I bought the car, someone other than me will be doing work on it! The first week or so of May, I’m dropping my ZL1 off at Katech and going port injection! I considered doing a CAM and upgrading all parts needed to up the DI the car has. But, I didn’t want the motor apart and port injection seemed more the rout I wanted to take.

The important details of the build are:

New Katech Low-profile Billet Valve Covers (anodized bright red dipped)
Katech Dual Fuel Pump and module
THPSI Vindicator “LP” Port Plates (These can be used on an LT4 as long as you have low-profile valve covers)
Siemens 875cc Injectors & Reflex controller w/Lambda feedback connection
New fuel lines
ATI Damper
New 9.45” lower
MightMouse Wild 1000 Catch Can (I'm replacing this prior to the car going to Katech)
Full Dyno and Tuning for straight E85

I’m pretty darn excited about this! I was also happy to find out that my CATs are the GESI 85230! So, the higher HP I’ll end up with after the build won't be an issue for the CATS.

I have contacted a lot of shops about different build options and them doing the work. Including Katech, CSP, RPM and Jannetty. I selected Katech for the following reasons: 1) Mike has always worked well with me on the big and small issues, 2) Katech is highly reputable and very capable, 3) Katech had a sooner window to get my car in and to get it back to me, and 4) Katech is only 3.5 hours drive from where I live!

I would loved to have had a dyno sheet prior to the 2.3 upper/X-port/103mm. But, I'll at least have one from when Katech does all the work !

Last edited by 2023_ZL1-AUTO; 04-17-2024 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2024, 08:54 AM   #333
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
I'm definitely excited to get this one going.

It's going to have all the fuel and all the boost we need to make a great number!
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 11:54 AM   #334
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
SWEET!!! Katech are top tier of the LS/LT game.

Are you guys doing fuel lines from front to rear?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 12:07 PM   #335
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post

radz28 - That's a Mike question to freely answer !!! I think depending on the end results of the work they do on my ZL1. This could really open up the "proven" offerings for their portfolio! Mike can share with the community here what he feels up to sharing about what they are going to do! I know I wasn't selective when posting updates to my thread here. So, everyone reading sees my successes, my head scratchers and my all out failures! But, I wouldn't have changed how I updated this thread at all! I hope the details here helped with something for someone!

Last edited by 2023_ZL1-AUTO; 04-17-2024 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-17-2024, 01:32 PM   #336
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post

Our fuel pump module will support 1,000RWHP on a stock returnless set up.

So there isn't any need to modify the feed line.
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote