Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-04-2018, 05:42 AM   #1
MarkC

Drives: 2018 HBM 2SS/1LE
email notifications ?

OK, this isn't my first forum by a long shot, and I've triple checked all of my settings.....

I'm not getting any email notifications from the forum

Is there a secret that I'm not aware of, is it broke, or am I missing something really obvious

BTW, I'm subscribed to this thread with instant notifications, at least I think I am
Old 09-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
This is going to seem basic & obvious, but sometimes the obvious slips peoples mind.

Your settings show that you are not automatically getting notifications for threads, so you should only get a notice if you specifically subscribe to individual threads & then someone replies.

Be sure you are checking the proper email account (------@netzero.net)
Be sure that the emails aren't getting sent to a junk/spam folder.

(and now I am subscribed to this thread with instant notification as well. If the system is broken, I won't get a reply either)

If all that checks out, then the next thing I can suggest is maybe trying a different e-mail address.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:48 PM   #3
MarkC

I am subscribed to this thread, it does show up in my subscription list.

I did not get an email when you posted today.

I just looked back through all of my emails, I couldn't find ANY from Camaro6. None from when I joined, no PM alerts, and no subscription emails

I just changed my password and retyped my email address. I've had the same addr for almost 20 years, I'm sure I got it right, and it doesn't block anything.

Someone please reply to this so I can see if it works.
MarkC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:07 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
I am subscribed to this thread, it does show up in my subscription list.

I did not get an email when you posted today.

I just looked back through all of my emails, I couldn't find ANY from Camaro6. None from when I joined, no PM alerts, and no subscription emails

I just changed my password and retyped my email address. I've had the same addr for almost 20 years, I'm sure I got it right, and it doesn't block anything.

Someone please reply to this so I can see if it works.
Hmm. I did get a reply to my hotmail account. So the system does seem to be working.

About the only two things that I can think of would be either our e-mails are getting blocked by your ISP or email provider before you even see them; or you are subscribing with something other than 'instant notification'. The first feels more likely, since you mentioned specifically that you chose 'instant' for this thread. Plus we had a problem along those lines a while ago. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix that. This is where using a different e-mail address comes in, but I understand how that can be super inconvenient. Maybe look into how/if your ISP blocks email?

The odd thing is though ... you had to have received at least one e-mail from us when you joined. Like most other sites, we send out a confirmation link whenever someone tries to make an account. And you have to follow that link to complete the registration. Since you're posting, you've gone through that process successfully.

My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-05-2018, 04:04 AM   #5
MarkC

No email for your last reply. I just changed to my work email, which does have filters, but it tells me when it blocks something from getting to my in box.

Anxiously awaiting your reply
Old 09-05-2018, 04:57 AM   #6
MarkC

OK, I just got a PM so I checked my work email and there it was, a notification from the forum

I'll try going back to my normal email and see if I get lucky.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:15 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

generating a reply

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-07-2018, 03:39 AM   #8
MarkC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
generating a reply
And I got nothing.

I just switched back to my work email, and I'll look into why netzero is blocking it.

Makes me wonder how many other emails are getting blocked

Thanks for helping.