Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-17-2018, 02:07 PM   #57
CGMLT

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Nookz, the link leads to something else now. Can give specific product onfo for the front turn signal LEDs?

Thanks in advance, Todd.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:35 PM   #58
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
https://www.wantitall.co.za/automoti...ht__b071jbdtlg

http://www.automotiveaccessoriesusa....blinker-light/
Old 06-16-2019, 11:59 AM   #59
Cruisin

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
I've had bad luck with 2 particular brands of LED front turn signals bulbs, they don't "lock" into place in the light socket. In fact, one led bulb fell off into the housing when I installed it. Has anybody found one brand of LED bulb that "locks" into place like the stock bulbs do? Thanks
Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:03 PM   #60
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin View Post
I've had bad luck with 2 particular brands of LED front turn signals bulbs, they don't "lock" into place in the light socket. In fact, one led bulb fell off into the housing when I installed it. Has anybody found one brand of LED bulb that "locks" into place like the stock bulbs do? Thanks
You are correct, you must be careful when purchasing replacement 7440 bulbs, some may not have that locking tab and will not work for our Camaros.

I recently purchased these from Amazon. You can barely see the locking tab on the bulb base, but it is there and it works. These bulbs have worked fine and no external resistors needed. Made in China. If these don't hold up, I will install DD bulbs and resistors.

--KLG--
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:19 PM   #61
chozn4service

I know the ones I used and got from Amazon have worked flawlessly. The passenger side install was cool but drivers side for whatever reason, the bulb fell inside the housing and was a bitch to get out but we did.
I ended up just taking some electrical tape once in socket, and going around the base of the bulb to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2019, 10:13 PM   #62
Cruisin

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I ended up just taking some electrical tape once in socket, and going around the base of the bulb to be on the safe side.
That sounds like good advice, I am going to try that also. I am going to re-order some LED turn signal bulbs and use the tape to secure them. I am not going to go through trying to fish one of those LED bulbs out from the turn signal housing again! Grrrrrr!
Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:16 PM   #63
chozn4service

Yeah it’s a pain in the butt for sure! Took me and a buddy to get mine out the drivers side. Oh we came so close the first few times but total time was about 15mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2019, 07:10 AM   #64
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post
You are correct, you must be careful when purchasing replacement 7440 bulbs, some may not have that locking tab and will not work for our Camaros.

I recently purchased these from Amazon. You can barely see the locking tab on the bulb base, but it is there and it works. These bulbs have worked fine and no external resistors needed. Made in China. If these don't hold up, I will install DD bulbs and resistors.

--KLG--
Can you post the link for those? Thanks!
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:36 PM   #65
KLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
wrong link, let me try this again...
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:43 PM   #66
KLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Resist...ype=automotive

Oops, I just now noticed these are not available at this time.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:20 AM   #67
MakCamaro
Makis

I also found those on eBay. They seem to be the most popular and they are supposed to not hyperflash. I might order a pair if those on Amazon are not available.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F401739356092
Old 06-21-2019, 09:04 AM   #68
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Since most the ones listed in this thread are "no longer available" on amazon, I decided to give these a try for $17. I'll post an update when I get a chance to install them:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got them Saturday and installed them. No hyperflash at all and quite brighter than the stock flashers. From what I can tell these lights on the car never come on other than for turn signal use. Not sure why I thought the amber grille lights on our cars were parking lights as well as flashers?!?

Last edited by madscotsman; 06-24-2019 at 07:01 AM.
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:41 PM   #69
KLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
Since most the ones listed in this thread are "no longer available" on amazon, I decided to give these a try for $17. I'll post an update when I get a chance to install them:

Got them Saturday and installed them. No hyperflash at all and quite brighter than the stock flashers. From what I can tell these lights on the car never come on other than for turn signal use. Not sure why I thought the amber grille lights on our cars were parking lights as well as flashers?!?
For the Camaro, those lights function as turn signals only, no parking or running lights.

That is how it works on my Camaro too.

--KLG--
Old 06-25-2019, 02:12 AM   #70
MakCamaro
Makis

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post

So you are happy with these LEDs? I might give them a try as well.