Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-30-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Mods, dang...

Dear Mods, I don't think I've had the pleasure. Ya'll just seem to live behind the scenes and often just show up to move threads here and there when ya'll feel like it. All good... not trying to do your job nor will I ever be a mod for a forum ever again.

I've started this thread because something's been bothering me about how you guys move threads around. For the sake of being civil and perhaps to help some thoughts get more exposure... I am suggesting ya'll wait until a thread reaches like page 3 and beyond before ya yank it... or at least page two and perhaps, using a bit of discernment, can see that it will go no where else beyond where its been.

Just a thought. I'm sure there's a good reason for what you do - exposure by people who search for things, right... I agree that things should be categorized in some fashion. But how is something going to grow if it gets pigeon hole'd before it even gets a chance to take off?

Can ya'll break it down for me? Maybe I'm not seeing something... thanks for all you do (I know!), and for keeping the doors wide open. Its a great forum, I love it and the people in it... just had to get this off my chest. Have a great day.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
JakesRJT

Drives: 2011 Camaro 3.6L V6
It wouldn't bother me a bit if they moved every thread every 10 minutes... I rarely look in the sub forums for new threads instead I use the "New Posts" button and subscribed threads... outside of those two I use the search feature if I'm searching something specific...
Old 03-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
Mongo RS

Drives: 2010 2LT M6 RS
Old 03-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
I have stock manifolds and cats off a 2011 for sale. Less than 9.3K miles.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:55 PM   #5
nivensid

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
I have stock manifolds and cats off a 2011 for sale. Less than 9.3K miles.
Now that's funny there....
nivensid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:02 PM   #6
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM

Im just here for the tuna

and wrong fourm, even though you may have done it on purpose its still ironic
Old 03-31-2015, 05:41 AM   #7
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
The C5 forum site has been very well sectioned with specific forums for specific topics. The powers that be do this to help US, the C5 members. We can find info/opinions/guidance on topics we have interests in, and avoid all the BS (or discussions not in our interest) in the process.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the mods just deleted threads posted in the wrong forums. They have asked and asked and asked that people post in the correct forums, yet people (usually new folks) continue to post in the wrong ones. If they were to delete enough incorrectly posted threads immediately (and have an auto-generated email sent to the OP), people would learn real quickly not to do it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:34 AM   #8
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I see no problem, if you post something in the wrong place then it should be moved. If something is "against the rules" then it will probably be disappeared. I'm fine with it.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:20 AM   #9
SSdude

Drives: Super Sport
Organization is key. That's what makes this such a great site. Good luck trying to find anything if it weren't for the mods routing things to the right location. I'm guilty of posting in the wrong thread myself and I understand what you mean by getting more airtime in the 5th gen thread but mods need a life too my friend. Also I believe the thread still shows up in the 5th gen thread even after moving for a day or so I think that much airtime is sufficient. No?
Old 03-31-2015, 07:43 AM   #10
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
it's just the nature of the beast. there are rules that you agreed to when you registered for this forum. Make sure you post in the right section, and make sure you're not stepping on any toes. This is a really big knowledge base with lot's of info, but it only became that because people minded where and what they were posting
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:19 AM   #11
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
I dont think I have time to care about what thread is moved lol
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:25 AM   #12
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Haha, thanks for the responses. All I'm saying is wait a bit for a thread to die before we get all trigger happy and begin moving threads to sub-forums. Again, organization is what's got us to where we are today and I'm all for it...

There are constantly threads here that should go under different sub-forums, but don't get moved... and then a few just get randomly chosen and moved, while the others stay. There's no consistency. Seems sometimes like someone's had a rough day and then goes buck wild moving threads off the first page. Wait a bit - its not going to hurt the forum, the people here who read, or those who search for things... but ah well. Not my place, I'm only a guest here. Not the end of the world lol.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:30 AM   #13
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSdude View Post
Organization is key. That's what makes this such a great site. Good luck trying to find anything if it weren't for the mods routing things to the right location. I'm guilty of posting in the wrong thread myself and I understand what you mean by getting more airtime in the 5th gen thread but mods need a life too my friend. Also I believe the thread still shows up in the 5th gen thread even after moving for a day or so I think that much airtime is sufficient. No?
Quote:
Organization is key. That's what makes this such a great forum. Good luck trying to find anything if it weren't for the mods routing things to the right location. I'm guilty of posting in the wrong thread myself and I understand what you mean by getting more airtime in the 5th gen thread but mods need a life too my friend. Also I believe the thread still shows up in the 5th gen thread even after moving for a day or so I think that much airtime is sufficient. No?
Quote:
Quote:
I think we understood from the first one
Old 03-31-2015, 08:58 AM   #14
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
So... is organization key?
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote