Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
From what I have researched, the Mild to Wild only has the option of always open exhaust or normal operation. The Camaro is different then the Corvette because at idle and start up the flaps are open on the Camaro until revs hit 1000+/- RPM, then they close, then they reopen over 3500RPM +/-. The Corvettes are always closed until they hit a certain RPM (3000+/-?) If you tell me that this is not accurate, it will make me very happy!

BTW, I just received my clutch reservoir from you guys. Now I just need my car to be built so I can install it!
From what I have found, you can close the valves even at idle. I have not had the chance to play with one in person yet, but check out this Youtube video.

BTW, Thank you for your order. We appreciate your business and support!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #16
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
It is loud during cold startup with NPP. Shakes the walls of my garage! Hot idle is low burble. Love it. If your neighbors complain when a "normal" Tahoe is started, they should have bought in a different neighborhood. It won't be that match quieter with the flaps closed is my prediction during warmup.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote