Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

View Poll Results: Is there to much censorship on C5
Yes 51 43.22%
NO 67 56.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed

Old 03-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #113
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
I believe the Moderators are great and they have a hard job to do. They are pretty awesome guys and they really do do alot for us! Just think of how many people are on this site! Have I gotten in trouble? Sure. Have I went off on people? Sure! Its hard sometimes to be polite, but like the mods say - if you got nothing nice to say, don't say it!
Again people I dont think the gripe is with the mods or with what they do. Its the disparity between who and what gets modded.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #114
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
I see that some people that were banned, have now returned. Why? If C5 is so bad, why come back? There are other sites.

I own another VB website forum about cars, and I fully understand what's going on here. As an owner, I give guidelines to moderators on what's acceptable and what's not, but try to allow them to use their best judgement. If someone feels slighted, they're always allowed to appeal, but most of the time it's for just cause.

Can't be everything to everyone, but as long as you play nice in the sandbox, you'll do ok. Remember, it ain't your house. And if you have to criticize, try to keep attacks on the subject, not the messenger. We're all human and make mistakes. Try not to let it ruin your experience here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post

I'm still wondering how many of our great members have yet to read this thread...

CAMARO5.com RULES. Please read this before posting!
... I guess it's time I read it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
No one really has special privilages, I think we just take it easier on those members who aren't a general PIA.......
... and a couple who are
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
Again people I dont think the gripe is with the mods or with what they do. Its the disparity between who and what gets modded.
It all boils down to the fact that this is another mans house and we are guests.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #115
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post

... I guess it's time I read it

... and a couple who are

It all boils down to the fact that this is another mans house and we are guests.
I guess theres always indian givers too. As they say nothing is free
Old 03-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #116
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
The only bitch I have is the amount of Mustang/Challenger trolls that are allowed to over and over again start the same tired stuff.

Some of the guys in those camps are respectful and cool, but there are others who are here for only one purpose.

Other than that....carry on.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #117
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
I'll hit some more points tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear
My recent experience is that I'm telling an OP objectively that I use a leaf blower and some locally purchased micro fiber towels (no advertisement but a SAM brand..I don't own stock) to get my car cleaned and the next thing I know a vendor is "challenging" me with pictures and a "challenge".....WHAT IS THAT? So I move on , a week later I go back and find out someone complained about the posts around 10 posts after I left.......the post gets a warning? The admin... say everything is ok keep moving all is well...that's because I lost interest with this vendor and moved on….....what's that?

Well, if you really want to visit this topic, and I see other questions similar to this one here were left and answered....so I suppose I'll go ahead and answer you as well.......sure.

If you feel the need to start off your post with...

Quote:
I'll probably catch flack for this but

...then you can probably rest assured that you are going to see a post disappear.

If you also call people...

Quote:
Lemmings...

followed up by,

Quote:
minions...
Those are, in my book, infraction worthy. But, I let it slide... Think about it for a sec. Is this something you should complain

Yes I posted those comments Thanks for the Due Diligence to find them:

There are those on this site that post OBJECTIVE answers to questions with no intent of selling a product. A person posts a method as I did that doesn't tout a brand. Then vendors or what I refer to as the "10 per centers" come on and tout a brand or support same. I believe if you follow the threads where I posted these comments I got shut out by the "10%ers". I've seen this in stock market web sites where people gang up on a stock to hype it. So I got irritated and posted those comments..my apologies.. .there should be rules against vendors pushing products with people they give discounts to for testifying.

and as for the "catch flack" comment. I was right about that I got challenged to show pics of my car as it sits "right now" by a vendor that posted pics of his car in daylight (with a PC next to it) but it was around 10:00PM???? I just feel moderators should step in but also warn vendors and their followers not to hi-jack an OP. This site is becoming more commercial in a sublime way. Thanks for letting me vent….
Old 03-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #118
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
If you are saying that we're doing any sort of favouritism or are being hypocrites, then you've definately got a gripe with what we do. You can't tell a chef that you don't have a problem with his cooking then in your next breath say that you don't like his soup.

My suggestion is instead of letting it influence your opinion of us, report the post(s). Every member of the staff gets an alert to the post and sees a brief explanation as to why it was reported. Its very quick and easy.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #119
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
I don't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If you are saying that we're doing any sort of favouritism or are being hypocrites, then you've definately got a gripe with what we do. You can't tell a chef that you don't have a problem with his cooking then in your next breath say that you don't like his soup.

I've been smacked by mods, seen posts and full threads disappear, or locked. And after I cool down and ask "Why?" It's usually because posts were rude, sarcastic, inappropriate, etc.

It's not a bad thing to have someone tell you when you're out of line. I have a STRONG opinion on this threads O.P. subject matter, but it wouldn't be constructive for me to state it, so I don't say anything.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #120
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
What a spirited thread.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #121
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
I was not being unkind if I wanted to go out and be unkind I would have said a lot more. Somebody asked a question I answered with a simple NOT REALLY and that was it. But what bothers me is the fact that in some Forums there the only ones allowed to post, which wrong. They might be nice and cool people but I dont paticuarly enjoy the way all them look and Im not the only one, ie look at some of these other posts. I have no problem with opening a thread and passing on responding and I have many times. But it bothers me is when you see this stuff over and over and over, and its gets sickening. And maybe you dont see it because your biased, but special rules or things are let go for them and others that support them, which again private site you make the rules. But all I can say is Im not the only one that feels this way. Lastly if you are going to post your life or wife all over the internet be prepared to have people not like it or like. Should there be moderation as to how far that negativity goes, sure.

And I have seen it way to many times of some girl being posted thats rather hott and maybe has a bikini on or something else that is small and they get plastered by the C5 supporter group and eventually taken off the thread, but yet certain people can post whatever they want as far as pics? Ive been here for three years now and have seen how this website has grown. And theres definitely a political agenda it might not be in the form of politics that our federal govt runs but its politics none the less.

This goes for everything not just C5 chicks man, if you dont like the Camaro or you like mustangs, or if you dont like the ZL1 Concept you end up getting torn up by "the group" and get what you said modded. But yet "the group" can say what they want to you. And I have seen this many time on here in the last three years. .
Ok. Now I know who I'm talking to.

We have already discussed this before IN PRIVATE MESSAGES. You said you were going to stop with the rude comments towards the ladies and that was that. I'm going to point something out now...

Quote:
Whether your posting a women, car, or boat to continually do it over and over and over gets old.
And when you complain over and over and over about pictures you don't want to see, it gets OLD. No one wants to read your complaints.

Quote:
You may think you have something great but maybe the rest of us dont want to see
And no one wants to read the disrespectful and rude posts. No one here made you click on the link to go in and look at pictures. NO ONE. If you don't like it, STAY OUT. I have told you before to read rule #1. Either you obey the site rules and are respectful to our members or we enforce the rules and eventually you will be removed from the site. They have the right to post pictures and YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE RUDE TO THEM.

You know, with all the complaining that you do....

With all the unhappiness you seem to have with the site...

I ask, why do you KEEP COMING BACK.

If you don't like it, no one is holding your hand walking you back in.

Simply make a choice and do not open your browser. Easy...done.
Quote:
I have no problem with people on here that dont own a camaro, but yet you are right I have seen people that dont own on but are treated like they are kings in forums. I think you have a good point I think there needs to be an exclusive forum or thread. Where more leeway is given to post what you want as far as pics and words. Just about every forum has them now. very good point
Well thank goodness this isn't your site because it isn't going to happen. Now that I've said that, are you going to start complaining that there isn't an free for all forum? Again, if you don't like it, feel free to leave to another site where you can say whatever you want. I have a perfect one in mind.
Quote:
No. Not the case. Reread all of your complaints. You absolutely gripe about us and what we do. Stir the pot a bit more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
The only bitch I have is the amount of Mustang/Challenger trolls that are allowed to over and over again start the same tired stuff.

Some of the guys in those camps are respectful and cool, but there are others who are here for only one purpose.

Other than that....carry on.
Absolutely agree...and I think the majority of the mods do as well. We do our best to pay attention to them and yes, we quickly find the trolls that are here to only do one thing. Others are actually really nice guys. We'll take care of them when they pop up. The others who have been here for a while know what they can and can't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post

Yes I posted those comments Thanks for the Due Diligence to find them:
Since you were talking about something that I took care of, I was compelled to respond.
There are those on this site that post OBJECTIVE answers to questions with no intent of selling a product. A person posts a method as I did that doesn't tout a brand. Then vendors or what I refer to as the "10 per centers" come on and tout a brand or support same. I believe if you follow the threads where I posted these comments I got shut out by the "10%ers". I've seen this in stock market web sites where people gang up on a stock to hype it. So I got irritated and posted those comments..my apologies.. .there should be rules against vendors pushing products with people they give discounts to for testifying.
Believe me when I say we watch those that are only here to push products when they are not sponsors. If 90% of a persons posts are, "buy this product because it's great," we normally get those guys reported by other vendors and sponsors and we figure out if they come from the same IP address (2nd accounts) or if they are an actual 2nd person who got a cut for something.

Naturally, there are going to be plenty of people have purchased a product and gotten a discount based on the assumption or agreement that they would hype up their product on the site. Hyping something up for someone because they gave you a deal is nothing new. We have sponsored cars all over the boards here. I have full Stainless Works exhaust on my car. If I see a thread asking about an exhuast brand, I'm going to "tout" mine...because I LOVE it. Sure, I got a deal, but I really do think the system is great. Nothing wrong with doing that. Again, ONLY touting that and posting nothing else usually gets reported.

and as for the "catch flack" comment. I was right about that I got challenged to show pics of my car as it sits "right now" by a vendor that posted pics of his car in daylight (with a PC next to it) but it was around 10:00PM???? I just feel moderators should step in but also warn vendors and their followers not to hi-jack an OP. This site is becoming more commercial in a sublime way. Thanks for letting me vent….
maybe the vendor took pix of his car earlier in the day? maybe he was expecting you to do the same. Sometimes, "right now" doesn't mean go out to your garage right now and take pix. It means post pix of what you got. I wouldn't have taken that comment or challenge literally. I would have gone back to my Zaino thread where I washed and waxed my car drying it with zaino borderless towels and posted those pix....even though they were not taken right now. I think that's simply what he did. Again, there was no hijack of that thread at all. It was 100% on topic. The vendor did nothing wrong. Again, and I'll say it a million times, it was on topic. And constructive input from vendors and members is appreciated. This is how we learn. Everyone gets a chance to talk about things. I could have jumped in and talked about Zaino. A vendor came in and gave me an idea....blow dry the car. Well darn....i never thought about that. maybe I'll get a sears leaf blower!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #122
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I also agree that an "anything goes" section is a very bad idea.

If you feel you can't communicate without being lewd, mean, or foul-mouthed, then perhaps this isn't the forum for you. Or perhaps you need to work on your communication skills. I prefer the thoughtful, polite, intelligent, supportive, and often humorous dialog that occurs here.

Please keep up the good work, mods!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #123
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I also agree that an "anything goes" section is a very bad idea.

If you feel you can't communicate without being lewd, mean, or foul-mouthed, then perhaps this isn't the forum for you.
Or perhaps you need to work on your communication skills. I prefer the thoughtful, polite, intelligent, supportive, and often humorous dialog that occurs here.

Please keep up the good work, mods!

Actually, to the entire post!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #124
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
I was not being unkind if I wanted to go out and be unkind I would have said a lot more. Somebody asked a question I answered with a simple NOT REALLY and that was it.
You seriously dicredit yourself to continue to try and convince people you weren't trying to be mean. 80% of your problem has been with that thread. You don't like it. We get it. You're NOT alone in that. You just seem to easily be the most vocal about it. The ladies have kept it in that thread. And it's an optional thread. So what's the problem?

And again, if I were made a mod at 9:50 am, that thread would be closed at 9:51 and it would be because of guys like you. Unfortunate, but not problems I'd want to have to police.

Quote:
But what bothers me is the fact that in some Forums there the only ones allowed to post, which wrong. They might be nice and cool people but I dont paticuarly enjoy the way all them look and Im not the only one, ie look at some of these other posts.
Some of these other posts. I've read this whole thread, and I'm oly recalling one other person who feels that way. About the ladies looks.
Quote:
I have no problem with opening a thread and passing on responding and I have many times. But it bothers me is when you see this stuff over and over and over, and its gets sickening. And maybe you dont see it because your biased, but special rules or things are let go for them and others that support them, which again private site you make the rules.
I feel that way at times. About more than just the ladies thread. But, I STAY OUT OF THOSE AREAS when I feel that way. And I don't say unkind things. If I were one of those ladies I'd send you a PM that simply says "WINNING".

They aren't hurting anyone. They have their own thread. In the off topic area. And they follow the rules. Yet they have people talking. Even on other sites.
Quote:
But all I can say is Im not the only one that feels this way.
Amazing how a few women can get in peoples heads. I just don't get it. Why do people let that thread bother them?
Quote:
Lastly if you are going to post your life or wife all over the internet be prepared to have people not like it or like. Should there be moderation as to how far that negativity goes, sure.
See, this is the problem I'm having understanding you. Exactly WHO has shown that they are not 'prepared'? These women understand that. And accept that. So you think that becasue they post pics that you are somehow given a right that they don't have? You can say something without any recourse just becasue they put pics? That doesn't make sense. My wife is the cheif instigator there. That is by design. I guided her to participate in this site by any means I could. I found one, she has fun, I get to do what I want with my car and go to the shows. It's a pretty good deal. I wouldn't have a problem telling her to stop. But on what reasonable grounds do I have for that? Because a few people are affected by it for whatever reason? And somehow you get pissed over it. I don't get it. These threads are optional. The other ladies are much the same as Bonnie is. They have taken their critisism just fine. They understand the whole 'If you post pics, prepare for comments' and they have been just fine.

Me and Bonnie have actually been refered to as 'pathetic'. And just so you understand my confusion here, me and Bonnie own and run a successful business, go to shows, meet people, have a home, have time to play basketball or whatever with our two teens who are doing well in school, and we and our children are in great health..... Uh..... "Winning"

You have a problem with her and the other ladies having fun on C5? I just don't get it. And no, you haven't been the only one. MANY people can't stand the ladies, and cheifly Bonnie. She doesn't let it bother her. She undertands it's the internet. The people she's met in person and formed freindships with would bother her. But most people who are bothered the way you are understand that they have no ground to stand on. They just stay away from that thread.
Quote:
And I have seen it way to many times of some girl being posted thats rather hott and maybe has a bikini on or something else that is small and they get plastered by the C5 supporter group and eventually taken off the thread, but yet certain people can post whatever they want as far as pics?
That's just flat out not true. You're making that up.
Quote:
Ive been here for three years now and have seen how this website has grown. And theres definitely a political agenda it might not be in the form of politics that our federal govt runs but its politics none the less.
And what would that agenda be? That is a ridiculous statement. And agenda would require a mission statement, wether public or hidden. You're insinuating that Tran has instructed his mods to push his 'Agenda'.

The only agenda I see is the purpose of the site. It's so Camaro Enthusiasts can come share stories, information, mods, support each other and have fun..... WITH other enthusiasts.
Quote:

This goes for everything not just C5 chicks man, if you dont like the Camaro or you like mustangs, or if you dont like the ZL1 Concept you end up getting torn up by "the group" and get what you said modded. But yet "the group" can say what they want to you. And I have seen this many time on here in the last three years. Whether your posting a women, car, or boat to continually do it over and over and over gets old. You may think you have something great but maybe the rest of us dont want to see.
This paragraph sums up, to me, what you are saying. And that is,........ that you don't know. You're all over the place. You start out with 'The Group' and end with 'Over and Over and Over it gets old'

You seem to have two problems but have focussed the bulk of your ire at the ladies obsession you have.

You, and others on here, for some reason let people get under your skin. The part I don't understand is that the people getting under your skin are people who are kind, polite, having fun, IN THEIR OWN AND PROPER AREA. They aren't doing anything to you. What gives?

Quote:

Closed Thread