Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-05-2019, 10:58 PM   #1
TheMaro

Drives: SS
Weird Sounds and movements?

Hey guys, I have a 2016 Camaro SS and I love the car but I'm having some weird issues on it. I've practically had them since I owned the vehicle, but I'm not sure what's going on.

1. When turning, there's a weird vibrating/slipping feeling that happens and it also makes a oddly pitched noise and its pitch goes slightly higher and lower while i'm turning. The weird thing is though that this sound sounds like it's being made from the exhaust rather than the tires or something itself. Anyone else have this issue?

2. When driving the car the exhaust tone oddly changes quite a bit. It sounds normal and then to the point where it gets so droned out that it's sound is almost gone. It gets loud and quiet at random times sometimes and I leave my sound management on track mode. I've tried closing the valves as well, still the same issue. I got my car checked for exhaust leaks but nothing came up. Would getting an aftermarket exhaust fix this?

3. Tire slip. It's not just a regular slip, it has a vibrating type slip almost EVERY time I turn. I don't feel like that can be normal. (Tires are pretty new)

But all of these things are heavily affecting the drive and the feel of the car and it makes it hard to love sometimes, but i still do.

These problems with the exhaust ONLY happen at LOW rpms. If i'm gunning it, it's flawless.

Last edited by TheMaro; 01-05-2019 at 11:12 PM.
TheMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:43 AM   #2
modru2004

Drives: 2018 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaro View Post
Hey guys, I have a 2016 Camaro SS and I love the car but I'm having some weird issues on it. I've practically had them since I owned the vehicle, but I'm not sure what's going on.

1. When turning, there's a weird vibrating/slipping feeling that happens and it also makes a oddly pitched noise and its pitch goes slightly higher and lower while i'm turning. The weird thing is though that this sound sounds like it's being made from the exhaust rather than the tires or something itself. Anyone else have this issue?

2. When driving the car the exhaust tone oddly changes quite a bit. It sounds normal and then to the point where it gets so droned out that it's sound is almost gone. It gets loud and quiet at random times sometimes and I leave my sound management on track mode. I've tried closing the valves as well, still the same issue. I got my car checked for exhaust leaks but nothing came up. Would getting an aftermarket exhaust fix this?

3. Tire slip. It's not just a regular slip, it has a vibrating type slip almost EVERY time I turn. I don't feel like that can be normal. (Tires are pretty new)

But all of these things are heavily affecting the drive and the feel of the car and it makes it hard to love sometimes, but i still do.

These problems with the exhaust ONLY happen at LOW rpms. If i'm gunning it, it's flawless.

the first thing sounds like the rear diff problems that are common on these cars. in cooler weather the clutch packs tend to stick and the diff ends up locked for the first few turns while the car is cold.

2nd thing is the valves are closed during cruising an dpartially closed during others. even in track mode. it just gets full loudness at full throttle and idle. only way around this is to pull the valve fuse so its always open.

3rd thing is likely the diff again. it doesn't get better at all even after the car has been driven a while? id flush it and replace the fluid and if that does nothing you may need some work done.
modru2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:35 PM   #3
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
** Tire Noise part

What type of tires do you have on it? There is a thing called tire chatter. Google it and what you may be hearing could be it.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote