Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-24-2017, 04:44 PM   #1
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
Houston? What dealership?

Bought my ZL1 out of state and dreading the first time I need to take to dealership. But if I do, what are your recommendations? I know classic is the big boy. I live in Porter and don't really want to drive that far but if I have too??
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:44 AM   #2
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Welcome! I am in the Katy area and use Westside Chevrolet. They are ok so far. Haven't given me any grief on repairing issues with my 2017 2SS.

Not to sure on Beaumont dealers, or any dealer near Beaumont for that matter. There are several members from Beaumont who should be able to help though.

Enjoy your beautiful KG ZL1! That KG is an amazing colour!

Make sure you keep her away from Harvey!
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:31 PM   #3
greaser2

Changed my location to Porter (Houston)
Old 09-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
stickyv35

Drives: Just the beater..
Bump, any other input?

Considering the purchase of an '18 SS 1LE. Opinions on Houston area dealers? Any experiences with the dealers provide additional incentives like maintenance plans, or other perks? Thx.
stickyv35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:12 PM   #5
SK GT

Drives: 18 Colorado ZR2, 17 1LE(sold)
Just sharing my experience as others may have better or worse.

Took my new 1LE to parkway chevrolet for the front endlinks and NPP rattle. Going to talk more to the service writer tomorrow to get further details. He was at lunch when I picked the car up. I will provide an update.

Last edited by SK GT; 10-04-2017 at 09:49 AM.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #6
stickyv35

Drives: Just the beater..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK GT View Post
Just sharing my experience as others may have better or worse.

Took my new 1LE to parkway chevrolet for the front endlinks and NPP rattle. They essentially had it a day and half and had to give me the car back as they had to "order parts". Going to talk more to the service writer tomorrow to get further details. He was at lunch when I picked the car up. I will provide an update.

Needless to say that does not give me a great deal of confidence in them. I even provided BOTH TSBs for the issues above.
Thanks for your input. How does the magnetic suspension do during normal driving? Seems apparent it has the performance perfected, what about the opposite side of the equation?
stickyv35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:58 AM   #7
SK GT

Drives: 18 Colorado ZR2, 17 1LE(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyv35 View Post
Thanks for your input. How does the magnetic suspension do during normal driving? Seems apparent it has the performance perfected, what about the opposite side of the equation?
The magnetic ride is absolutely great during normal driving. I had a lowered 15 GT before this and the ride quality is night and day different(better).

It would be hard to own a future sports car without it now.

I'd recommend test driving them back to back but I think you will like it.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:57 AM   #8
Rustydaytons
Account Suspended

Drives: Chevy
Stay away from Joel Rogers classic on 59 south.
Rustydaytons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:33 PM   #9
FASTNUF

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 White Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustydaytons View Post
Stay away from Joel Rogers classic on 59 south.
100% agree with Rustydaytons! Joel Rogers Classic on 59 South have lost 2 sales in the past 14 months from me (a Z06 & my ZL1) because they extremely low ball trades, don't follow-up on the sales end and won't get competitive!

I've used Classic in Galvestion (for new & 1 service), they were good, however, I've used Classic Sugar Land due to building relationships I've built since 09. However, most of my contacts have left, especially since their new owner took over. So, luckily I have had but 1 warranty claim and Ronnie Blakeway their Svr Mgr personally took care of my needs. When I explained that I change my own oil and some minor aftermarket adds, we wasn't concerned at all.
I actually bought my 17 ZL1 vert from Classic Grapevine because they had what I wanted at the time (the 2 ZL1 verts in Houston; 1 at Joel Rogers ((already explained above)) & the other at Parkway Chev wrong color) is why I traveled to Grapevine. My Salesmen worked me an incredible deal, so I bought from them. However, too far for Service...
FASTNUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:47 AM   #10
Superman1le

Drives: 17SS1LE/14 GCherokee/13 F150/08 Z06
Welcome Greaser- I am taking my KG SS 1LE into Munday today to get this rear end squeal sorted out. Ill give you feed back when I get the vehicle back. I noticed you are in Porter/ I am at Rayford/99 so prolly only 10 minutes away. We should meet up for a cruise one day in our Kryptons. What dealer did you buy yours from out of state? I was looking at all the Krypton- ZL1/1LE but couldnt get them to budge too much on price so I opted for the 1LE for budget/value purposes.
Superman1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #11
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
For service I recommend Norman Frede Chevrolet off Bay Area Blvd. down in Clear Lake area.

For buying I had an excellent experience from Auto Nation Chevrolet on the Gulf Freeway. Tried to buy From Norman Frede but they are a smaller dealership and in the end would have cost almost 3K more to buy from.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:51 PM   #12
greaser2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman1le View Post
Welcome Greaser- I am taking my KG SS 1LE into Munday today to get this rear end squeal sorted out. Ill give you feed back when I get the vehicle back. I noticed you are in Porter/ I am at Rayford/99 so prolly only 10 minutes away. We should meet up for a cruise one day in our Kryptons. What dealer did you buy yours from out of state? I was looking at all the Krypton- ZL1/1LE but couldnt get them to budge too much on price so I opted for the 1LE for budget/value purposes.
I actually bought it in Illinois since there has none locally. Let me know how Monday goes.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:07 PM   #13
SilverSurfer Fifty

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS - gone
I bought mine from Lone Star Chevy on 290. I got a pretty good deal, but probably not the best. They were ok to deal with.

I had my first service a couple of weeks ago and it worked out well. I scheduled it online and was in and out quickly. I have not had any issues, so I can't comment on how they handle repairs.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
You're up in my neck of the woods.

I use Buckalew in Conroe or Parkway in Tomball.