Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-31-2023, 01:29 PM   #1
BozzUpBlu

Drives: Honda civic, Incoming ZLE 10 Spd
Whats a fair price for FULL Xpel PPF & Ceramic Window Tints?

Hey guys this is my first time posting here! Wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the Camaro family l… I have a 2023 RPD BLUE ZLE incoming in about 2 weeks just waiting to find a transporter from New Jersey.

As soon as I get the car Im going to get FULL PPF & All windows including front tinted… Maybe even a ceramic coating. I know some people will say “why are you getting Full PPF”… This is my dream car and I plan on keeping it until god decides to drive it to his garage permanently. With that being said Im completely new to pricing, I see some people saying 4-5k is fair and others saying only a cheap shop would charge that.

Currently Ive called 4 shops and they all vary drastically in price.

Shop 1: 9,895 PRE TAX, Full PPF, Window tint everything, Ceramic coat.

Shop 2: 8,000 PRE TAX Full PPF & Window tint everything (Detailers Domain… Name drop)

Shop 3: 6,500 PRE TAX FULL PPF, Window Tint everything, Ceramic coating car, wheels and interior

Every single estimate is using XPEL Ultimate Plus + XR PLUS for windows + Fusion for ceramic coating.

Im torn on what to do… I know paying for quality is most important part but surely theirs a limit to that? Which would you choose?
BozzUpBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 08:37 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 04-01-2023, 08:51 AM   #3
sswt00ss
Visualize°Design°Create

Drives: '18 CTS-V & '13 ZL1
First off OP, congrats on the new ride!

Second, of all the options you listed, you do not mention how many years the Ceramic Coating is for. (IE: 1 year, 3 yrs, 5 years or 5+ years). Though your car is new, I don't see a breakdown on if they will also do any paint correction prior to putting the PPF on the car, etc. Some might say that is not needed, but I have a differing opinion, especially if you plan to PPF the car.

Do any of the three to A-La-Carte? Meaning, will they clean and detail the engine bay, PPF door jambs, etc.? Does shop #1 include cermaic coating of the wheels like shop #3, or is that extra?

The devil is in the details and you have every right to ask what each package (or level of package) includes at those price points.

For example, back in July 2020, I had my (new to me @4,650 miles) 2018 CTS-V, get a 2 stage paint correction and 3 year ceramic coating. I did not do PPF on the car, even though it is my DD. Because of all the Covid BS, I got it all done for $800+tax. My 3 years is about up and pricing the same level/ package, I'm not looking at $2100+tax. However, this is because this time around I will be selecting the 5 year ceramic coating to be applied. So, at some point this year I will be scheduling an appointment to get that done.

In comparison, I had the front end, partial hood, and mirror caps done on my 2013 ZL1 shortly after I got it back in 2021. I caught a special, but it still cost me $1000+tax using the Xpel PPF you mention above.

In my opinion, I would be considering Shop #3 hard, as they appear to off more for the money you are spending. Ask about warranties on installation, workmanship and the product itself.
sswt00ss is offline   Reply With Quote