Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #57
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
So in this situation where the dealer is finally forced to give you the wheels they "honestly" thought you weren't going to get.... Did they think it was like a freebie from Chevy for them? Did they mistakenly return them to Chevrolet?

This is so obviously someone trying as hard as possible to make it difficult so that people just give in and they get to sell these parts for pure profit either on sites like ebay or in their own service department.

Crazy that they risk this since it's grand theft essentially.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
90% of these wheels you see for sale are from employees grabbing your wheels and making cash on the side.
I always see these for sale at my local dealer. They are scumbags, and know exactly what they are doing.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #58
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
So in an effort to get my wheels back from the dealer this was the reply I received from Chevy customer service:

Upon further reviewing and discussing this concern, we were able to determine that the reason why you did not receive the wheels that came with the vehicle is because they were only temporarily installed in order to safely and successfully ship your vehicle to the dealership. Upon arriving at the dealership, they installed the wheels that you initially ordered along with the vehicle. Since the wheels that you are pertaining to are only temporarily installed, they were disposed of after the installation of the wheels that you ordered due to the fact that they are not reusable. We hope for your understanding on the matter.

Say what…
Old 01-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #59
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 45TH View Post
So in an effort to get my wheels back from the dealer this was the reply I received from Chevy customer service:

Upon further reviewing and discussing this concern, we were able to determine that the reason why you did not receive the wheels that came with the vehicle is because they were only temporarily installed in order to safely and successfully ship your vehicle to the dealership. Upon arriving at the dealership, they installed the wheels that you initially ordered along with the vehicle. Since the wheels that you are pertaining to are only temporarily installed, they were disposed of after the installation of the wheels that you ordered due to the fact that they are not reusable. We hope for your understanding on the matter.

Say what…
WHAT? That person clearly has no idea what they are talking about. I would respond and ask Chevy Customer Care what GM's correct procedure for disposing of the wheels are since they are not for long term use. I would CC the dealer and ask them how they disposed of them to make sure they would not be used on the street.

That Customer Care person is straight up lying. There is no other way to put it.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote