Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-18-2015, 06:22 AM   #85
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I like how GM is doing this...keeping it interesting for the next two months with plenty of spaced out info so we all don't go crazy...innovative.

anyone know if its been done before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Lol @ revealing the exhaust system on 4/20. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #86
Jbryant910

Drives: 2014 Malibu
Quote:
I like how GM is doing this...keeping it interesting for the next two months with plenty of spaced out info so we all don't go crazy...innovative.

anyone know if its been done before?
They did this with the C7, I wouldn't expect to much info on those dates, just a short teaser video, with maybe the materials used for the interior, and things like that
Jbryant910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:13 AM   #87
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
No. The platform is the same but my understanding is that is more of where stuff goes and how it mounts than a physical frame, especially since the cars are unibody.
ooooooooh okay, that makes sense.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:39 AM   #88
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
It could just be showing some of the light weight aluminum technology that will be incorporated into the new Camaro.

Here is a link to info about the CT6 and all the aluminum going into it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/15/c...-saves-weight/
I'm think that the 6th gen will incorporate many of the same mass saving techniques as the CT6 will. Certainly beyond what we've seen on the ATS.
Z/284ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #89
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
It could just be showing some of the light weight aluminum technology that will be incorporated into the new Camaro.

Here is a link to info about the CT6 and all the aluminum going into it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/15/c...-saves-weight/
Sure, that's exactly what they're doing. Let's assume the new car looks a LOT like the 5th gen, most everyone will be saying it's the same car downsized.... GM is saying, "No, not by a long shot."

Over the next weeks we will see that they've totally redesigned the car from the inside out....... oops, they already got me buying in to their hype. But it's not hype if they can prove to me they've built a totally new design, that just looks similar to the old design. I think that's what they'll be doing.

Still, even after all this, many will say it's the same car just smaller..... just wait and see.

makes you want to
Old 03-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #90
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Very cool GM.. Kudo's for the teasers. Nice approach
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #91
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Or maybe the Corvette gets a whole new engine - the LT2. The LS2 didn't stick around for that long in the Vette, and it went on to be used in other vehicles.
This i can believe.. Good observation
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:24 PM   #92
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
So tomorrow we will learn what?
Alpha chassis?
Transmissions?
power plants?
Weight?
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #93
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
So tomorrow we will learn what?
Alpha chassis?
Transmissions?
power plants?
Weight?
I'm guessing transmissions and engines without HP or torque numbers. Weight and pricing are usually the last to be revealed. We may not see official numbers till even after the reveal but who knows with the way they're doing it this time.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #94
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/284ever View Post
I'm think that the 6th gen will incorporate many of the same mass saving techniques as the CT6 will. Certainly beyond what we've seen on the ATS.
No not likely. It is even possible that at the Camaro price point we won't get everything the ATS has.

Hopeful but don't count on flagship technologies to be launched on a $60 or $70,000 Cadillac and a sub $30,000 Chevy at the same time.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:06 PM   #95
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
No not likely. It is even possible that at the Camaro price point we won't get everything the ATS has.

Hopeful but don't count on flagship technologies to be launched on a $60 or $70,000 Cadillac and a sub $30,000 Chevy at the same time.
Unless these are broad changes being made across model lines. The new Malibu did lose a lot of weight. I agree it doesn't mean anything in particular but does make me wonder.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:06 PM   #96
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

We'll see soon. But I do believe that GM left some Alpha mass control on the table with the ATS, due to BK budget issues.
Z/284ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:08 PM   #97
Anwro
Red 2SS

Drives: Camaros
No teaser for the interior ? In the c7 teasers GM showed back then, the trailer of the handcrafting interior was superior. Today the interior feels and looks outstanding, I do hope the camaro gets some of that.

2010 Camaro 2ss L99 Red - Kooks+Corsa+VR+Ebiach LowerKit-
2002 Camaro SS LS1 Black - Kooks+SLP+Hurst-
2009 Escalade Pearl White - Corsa -
Anwro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:28 PM   #98
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/284ever View Post
We'll see soon. But I do believe that GM left some Alpha mass control on the table with the ATS, due to BK budget issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Unless these are broad changes being made across model lines. The new Malibu did lose a lot of weight. I agree it doesn't mean anything in particular but does make me wonder.
ATS had significant targets to be better than the 3 Series for mass. NOTHING was left on the table that was affordable in this segment. CF wasn't used. CTS has all aluminum doors (and still weighs 4,000 pounds in V-sport trim).

GM has traditionally not been great at getting mass out. C6 and the Z06 versions was the first big step. Then the Cruze ECO lost some major weight. GM has just struggled to meet global requirements and has been "conservative" in getting there.

The ATS is a great example of what GM can do when properly challenged and having budget and leadership to back it up.

I think we will start to see the benefits of good engineering, not just throwing expensive materials, in the 2016 Cruze and Malibu. At least I am hoping so.

Anyone can throw aluminum, magnesium and Carbon Fiber at a part. That just takes $$$$. Excellent engineering that counts every ounce at the lowest cost wins.

No one should be thinking that GM is throwing aluminum and magnesium at the Camaro just because it's a Camaro. It must remain profitable and affordable even in a sub $30,000 car.

I do not expect GM to throw even more high $$$ materials at a $30,000 Camaro than they do at a $40,000 ATS.