Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #57
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpkCamaro12 View Post
Way back in December I ordered a set of Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights from Phastek Performance (but made by Technostalgia). After I installed them I come to find out that my Outside Right Taillight only works when I brake and have right turning signal on (video explains). I immediately contacted Technostalgia about the problem and they tried taking me through a different couple steps to fix it, nothing worked. FINALLY they said they are sending me a new one and I have yet to get that part in. This problem is still going on...

Couple weeks ago I looked at my taillights and come to find out the inside right taillight has condensation on the lenses.

I love the tail lights but very unhappy with the service I've been getting over 3 months now and still not fixed. I have had to talk my way out of 2 tickets for broken tail light explaining to the cop whats happening.

Has any1 had any problems with these tail lights or Technostalgia products/service?

Taillights I bought - http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...taillights.htm

Technostalgia - http://cool-leds.com/index.htm

Video of the problem
heard nothing so far but bad things from these people after reading threads of problems....think I may wait until these become reliable or just all together cancel this from my mod plans...

water...problems with e sequencing as I see....i may have to pass as much as i want these.
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #58
SirZeusor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 45TH View Post
Same here. Will hold out for awhile and see if they get the issues fixed.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #59
SirZeusor

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1Chester View Post
I think I'm in the same boat as you. I was about to pull the trigger right now from phastekperformance, but glad I checked the forums!

The lights look sick, but not going to buy a product with this many problems! Sorry!

Thank God for Camaro5!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #60
hctrble
BMBLBLU

Drives: Aqua Blue Metallic 2010 Camaro 1ss
THESE LIGHTS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I say this because after getting the lights and stereo and backup camera installed I have had nothing but freaking issues with the car. I took it back this past week and the guys ssaid that everything was good to go. I went to the dealer to pick it up and there it goes "show mode" just sitting there. I have had the right side replaced and all these stupid things do is kill my battery. The guys told me today that with just the lights still hooked up they found the battery the next day at 3.4 volts. I dont get to drive my car that much but this is really killing me. These issues have been going on for way to long. I originally purchased last year but had all the stuff installed right after I had my last total knee replacement. I will give the people at Technostalgia a call tomorrow and see what they say. This issue really sucks. Any one else have this problem. Please help.

Steve:ma d0259:
hctrble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #61
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by hctrble View Post
I say this because after getting the lights and stereo and backup camera installed I have had nothing but freaking issues with the car. I took it back this past week and the guys ssaid that everything was good to go. I went to the dealer to pick it up and there it goes "show mode" just sitting there. I have had the right side replaced and all these stupid things do is kill my battery. The guys told me today that with just the lights still hooked up they found the battery the next day at 3.4 volts. I dont get to drive my car that much but this is really killing me. These issues have been going on for way to long. I originally purchased last year but had all the stuff installed right after I had my last total knee replacement. I will give the people at Technostalgia a call tomorrow and see what they say. This issue really sucks. Any one else have this problem. Please help.

I just had these lights installed in my camaro last month. My dealer wired the show mode in separate and put it in as a toggle switch in my trunk. No issues. :(
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #62
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by hctrble View Post

Let us know what they say, cause I think I'm having the same issue with the battery.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #63
hctrble
BMBLBLU

Drives: Aqua Blue Metallic 2010 Camaro 1ss
These Lights SUCK!!!!!!!!

Well I had a pleasant surprise today when the lights came back from Technostalgia today. Todd said that they did check the light and they were not the issue. I guess the last Nine months with these pieces of crap killing my battery wasn't enough for them to send me another set. I wouldn't recommend these lights to anyone. As I have seen on this site though some of you are lucky to have a pair of these $400+ lights work well and some like myself get a lemon and nothing to show for the money spent. To me this is some BS and I hope that they stop selling this inferior light to people. Sorry but for the lights to have killed my car (by the way they stereo and back up camera that were installed the same time have done nothing to the battery and starts with zero problems after more then 2-3 weeks after the last time it was started). :read thethread::mad026 0::ma d0259:
hctrble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:12 AM   #64
ChevyCamaroGirl

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS RS BLACK
Only had mine in for 6 months and they all have condensation. Now I have to pay to send them back to be refurbished, and who knows how long my car will be parked in the garage. I should probably buy another set of stock tails...
ChevyCamaroGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #65
tom7322

Drives: Yes
Vender should stop selling this kit till the company gets it right.........
tom7322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #66
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
I have had mine for about two years now. Took them off my SS and put them on my ZL1. I have had about 3 issues with mine. First I had two LEDs go out but Todd replaced it quickly with excellent customer service. Twice I had have an issue of one not working correctly, took it out and reseated the connector on the board and all good. I also put new seal around them when I transferred from one car to the other, the silicon was coming off. I have never had a water or condensation issue.

However, if you leave your car sitting for about 2 weeks and 3 days, it will run your battery down. I guess the tail lights pull a draw even when car is not running. When the battery gets so low, the tail lights will automatically go in show mode. This I dont like!

So if you have/get these lights. First thing I would do is reseat the plugs on the board. I have installed 3 other pairs for friends and they all had this issue. Second, put some more silicon around the lense. Third, start your car if its sitting for than two weeks.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #67
Crazyhorse6901
Turbine Maker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT-RS "LFX"V6
I almost ordered these...I will wait till 100% correction, too much money for poor quality.
Crazyhorse6901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #68
SpkCamaro12

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT RS - Traded In
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
I have had mine for about two years now. Took them off my SS and put them on my ZL1. I have had about 3 issues with mine. First I had two LEDs go out but Todd replaced it quickly with excellent customer service. Twice I had have an issue of one not working correctly, took it out and reseated the connector on the board and all good. I also put new seal around them when I transferred from one car to the other, the silicon was coming off. I have never had a water or condensation issue.

However, if you leave your car sitting for about 2 weeks and 3 days, it will run your battery down. I guess the tail lights pull a draw even when car is not running. When the battery gets so low, the tail lights will automatically go in show mode. This I dont like!

So if you have/get these lights. First thing I would do is reseat the plugs on the board. I have installed 3 other pairs for friends and they all had this issue. Second, put some more silicon around the lense. Third, start your car if its sitting for than two weeks.
Ya, one of mine has condensation in them again, but everything is working perfect and has been for a long time now. I am not sure how I could get the condensation out so I could reseal them with some new silicon.
TRADED IN - 2012 2LT RS - VMAX Throttle Body - MRT V1 - CAI - Trifecta Tune - Matching Interior Lightning (Footwells and Dome) - Sequential Taillights - Blacked out Front n Back Bowties - 228VX Train Horn

Traded for 2011 Corvette

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7428/sig2gx.jpg
SpkCamaro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #69
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I just picked up some of these, but they're the model 7201B. The "B" revision was supposed to address some of the more common complaints (although battery drain is probably still a realistic issue.)

I just wanted to say that the silicon application around my set of tail light glass looks totally different than that in the picture posted by Jeremeymt on page 2. The silicon isn't clumped with small holes in the center. It's a lot more even. I examined all 4 lights closely and can't really see any easy way for condensation to get in.

Fingers crossed. I've read the horror stories about these lights. But with some patience, and a battery tender to keep the car at full charge during long periods (which is a best practice, IMO, anyway), hopefully this won't be too bad.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #70
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
To be quite honest I've had to send mine in multiple times for repair. Even with the new way they are sealing them I still had 2 take in water yet again a few weeks ago. I let them dry out and this time I put super glue around the entire seal and so far so good. Although these lights are really cool they're way too much trouble.
Jeremeymt is offline   Reply With Quote