Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 08-28-2023, 05:54 AM   #1
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
Awkward looking 2022 Camaro 2SS OD2 OBDII On Board Diagnostics Port Connector

I recently purchased a 2022 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Redline edition from a local dealership. I noticed the OD2 OBDII On Board Diagnostics Port Connector looks awkward. It is very loose setting in the socket, and can be pushed out. I can not hook up a OBD2 scanner to the port due to the awkward shape. Would anyone know how I should resolve this issue? Do I request the dealership I purchased from to restore the original OD2 OBDII? Or is this the newer OD2 OBDII On Board Diagnostics Port Connector on 2022 Camaros. I looked up videos on Youtube, and none of the 2016 through 2023 Camaro OD2 OBDII On Board Diagnostics Port Connectors look like this one on my vehicle.

Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 07:49 AM   #2
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
The “real” OBD port is to the midlle-right in your picture. It appears the dealer or previous owner added a OBD splitter or other device. Sometimes dealers will add a tracking device until loans are paid off. Look at your sales or loan contract for riders that indicate the dealer is allowed to add something. Examine the wiring closely behind the port, I’m guessing you’ll find something that’s not OEM.
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 07:50 PM   #3
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP08jrf View Post
The “real” OBD port is to the midlle-right in your picture. It appears the dealer or previous owner added a OBD splitter or other device. Sometimes dealers will add a tracking device until loans are paid off. Look at your sales or loan contract for riders that indicate the dealer is allowed to add something. Examine the wiring closely behind the port, I’m guessing you’ll find something that’s not OEM.
Yes, that's exactly what it is. I get the anti-theft deterrent service free for 12-months, with the purchase of the vehicle. So if I op-out of OnStar, I have this service with very limited function.
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote