Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-09-2019, 09:43 PM   #15
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
Update.... problem solved.

2 days after the regional field engineer looked at my car (and while still under the care of the lead mechanic Russell @ dealer) a mysterious check engine light came on ... i've never had a check engine light before..... code was for a faulty gear position sensor with the main computer only detecting 1st and second gear. The gear indicator on the display was working when i drove the car there but it also had stopped working.
Mechanic said what the heck and replaced gear position sensor (not easy to get to from what i understand)...... now the windows work properly and have been since last Friday.... they kept the car until today just to make sure the fix was really the fix and so far it is. Woo hoo!

Russell and i had a long discussion about how much fun Can-bus wiring is to troubleshoot and how he honestly expected to find some faulty /chewed wiring but there was none... amazing how a gear position sensor going bad could possibly affect just one part of the window indexing operation and one part of my seat memory function ( easy exit would work but the seat wouldnt auto return to set position when the ignition was energized) Now that also works perfectly again!

The problem with the windows had been getting progressively worse so felt i was heading for an out of warranty nightmare when they didnt immediately diagnose the issue.... I could never not ever have imagined myself LUCKY enough to have cause of the issue actually FAIL while the car was at the dealership!!!!! ... I'm honestly just happy to have this mystery ordeal behind me and the car working perfectly again.

Still loving it....

[IMG][https://flic.kr/p/WJbAKy][/url]20170715_135107 by Frank Moore, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by Racerman27410; 05-09-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:18 AM   #16
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Holy cow, that's weird! Glad to hear they finally resolved the issue. Good to know that for future reference.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #17
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
I think the lesson here is a Can-bus electrical system can do some freaky things when components are in the process of failing since everything in the car is virtually connected

..... and that the failing part can take a frustratingly long time to actually show itself.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:25 PM   #18
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Glad it all worked out for you.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote