Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-14-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
federal

Drives: 2019 ZL1
MM wild catch can install verification

Hey all,

Just wanted to verify with others who have a similar setup that I did indeed install my MM wild catch can correctly before I get on it too hard and end up hurting any seals or anything...

On the right side of the throttlebody, there are two ports that I remover the original hard plastic line from. I have the lower one capped off with the provided cap, and then then smaller vacuum hose connected to the top port which runs to the corresponding port on the catch can. I then have the thicker line running from the oil cap replacement to the corresponding larger port on the catch can.

Based on all the posts I’ve seen and the instructions, this is correct for a boosted setup. Does this sound about right from everyone? I know for sure the oil cap line is setup correctly, but I’m just making sure it is indeed the upper port that needs to have the line running from it, and having the bottom one capped off, instead of the other way around.

Image for reference - I have the line from the catch can going to the PCV return, and the lower valley port capped off:
Old 06-15-2020, 07:03 AM   #2
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Correct!. The top PCV Return is your vacuum source and should connect to the Wild MM Can (fitting is opposite side of sight glass). The Valve cover connection runs over to the large AN fitting just above the sight glass on the can.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:00 AM   #3
Mikemanzo13

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
[IMG][/IMG]
this may help

Old setup msd intake manifold
95mm throttle body, flex fuel sensor, roto fab intake,
bbk long tube catless headers, mbrp x pipe and mid pipes, awe axle back
dyno number 500whp on e85
484whp 93
Mikemanzo13 is offline   Reply With Quote