Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #15
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Rear bar is installed and I'm back on the ground.

Just the opposite of the removal. The only tip I have is to connect the tops of both links then close everything up, put the wheels on then let the car down a little at a time until the suspension compresses enough to install the bottoms of the links. Trying to push the bar down with one hand and get the both in with the other just wasn't working.

Now for the front sway bar.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #16
TECHTURTLE

Okay with lots of delays due to the Inauguration (Loved his speech), I now have all the shields and cradle plate removed.
Tip... If you are working on jack stands or ramps the cradle plate will not swing down enough to clear the front hook. The hook is a soft aluminum so all you have to do is bend it with a screwdriver and the plate will come right off.

Back at it after a stretch and a beer...

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.

Last edited by TECHTURTLE; 01-21-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #17
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
I can see how that can happen. When I first laid them out I thought I bought two of the same thing. Only around half a hole difference in length.
Just enough to equate to a 35 minute headache and lots of cursing

Quote:
Okay with lots of delays due to the Inauguration (Loved his speech), I now have all the shields and cradle plate removed.
Tip... If you are working on jack stands the cradle plate will not swing down enough to clear the front hook. The hook is a soft aluminum so all you have to do is bend it with a screwdriver and the plate will come right off.

Back at it after a stretch and a beer...
Take a second jack if you have one and load one side of the suspension a bit (under the rotor with a hockey puck for me) when its time to take the bar out, makes snaking it around and out/in a bit easier.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #18
TECHTURTLE

Okay, front bar is out. I did this on a set of race ramps, with the wheels still on. No jack stands, the bar just came straight down. Splash shields and wheel well liners are still installed. More to come.

Added
Old 01-20-2017, 02:01 PM   #19
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by locktyght View Post
Just enough to equate to a 35 minute headache and lots of cursing

Take a second jack if you have one and load one side of the suspension a bit (under the rotor with a hockey puck for me) when its time to take the bar out, makes snaking it around and out/in a bit easier.
I used a second jack to compress the suspension (Required in my opinion) to get the lower trailing arms on but so far I haven't needed it up front.

Added
Old 01-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #20
TECHTURTLE

Quick note... I was wondering why BMR didn't have a lot of upgrades for the front suspension. Well I can see why now, the front end components are much beefier than the rear.

Added
Old 01-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #21
TECHTURTLE

So the front bar slid in like butter. I'm on ramps not jack stands.

More to remove for access but easier to install all in all.
Attached Images

Added
Old 01-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #22
BMR Suspension

Quote:
Quick note... I was wondering why BMR didn't have a lot of upgrades for the front suspension. Well I can see why now, the front end components are much beefier than the rear.
This. The front links are forged aluminum so we are simply not going to make a huge improvement over these. We do, however, have spherical bearing upgrades for the front. BK070 and BK071. They are really nice pieces, but definitely designed around more hardcore applications.
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #23
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Suspension View Post
This. The front links are forged aluminum so we are simply not going to make a huge improvement over these. We do, however, have spherical bearing upgrades for the front. BK070 and BK071. They are really nice pieces, but definitely designed around more hardcore applications.
This just proves that you guys aren't just tossing parts at us. Thank you for only selling true improvements!

Added
Old 01-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #24
TECHTURTLE

Okay so the install is done. I'll give you my ride impressions after the beer buzz is gone.

I have to say that there are two ways of doing this. 1. Have the parts handed to you, then go to a shop, and take a video as they install your cool new mood. 2. You can go to Phastek (Code welcome5 has been good for 5% off for years) and MyPartsguy and buy your own stuff then install them yourself.

If you have some basic hand tools, a jack, ramps and a grasp of lefty loosey, righty tighty you can do this yourself... I'll be more than happy to answer any questions that you guys have about this install. YOU CAN DO IT!

Added
Old 01-20-2017, 03:40 PM   #25
crankaholic

Nice! I probably should have bought the non-adjustable trailing arms... that was overkill on my part. Why didn't you get the toe rods?

The front of this car is good as it is... I'm probably not even going to touch the bushings there.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #26
BMR Suspension

Quote:
This just proves that you guys aren't just tossing parts at us. Thank you for only selling true improvements!
As I'm sure a bunch of people on here can attest to, I am very quick to talk people out of BMR parts they don't need... Everything we make is for a specific application and a specific enthusiast. If you don't need, I will tell you so! The last thing I want is anyone spending money for the sake of spending money.

I truly hope you enjoy the new upgrades on your car! Please report back with your thoughts.
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #27
TECHTURTLE

Okay, so I just drove to pick up some Chinese food, it was a short trip but here are my thoughts. Holy Sh!t, what a difference! The car feels so much more responsive. Turns are super sharp and overall I felt more connected to the road. I went over some speed bumps that I've gone over 1000 times. but this time there was much less bounce to them. The ride is stiffer but I wouldn't say harsh.

More tomorrow when I can go for a longer ride.

Added
Old 01-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #28
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
Nice! I probably should have bought the non-adjustable trailing arms... that was overkill on my part. Why didn't you get the toe rods?

The front of this car is good as it is... I'm probably not even going to touch the bushings there.
No idea, but I think I should.

Added