Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 05-15-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
angelbones

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS w/Ceramic Int, NPP
Shouldn't finance person know more about leases

I was at a dealer this weekend, and would appreciate your opinion on something that happened there. I went there with the goal of talking about ordering a 2017, so they knew I had interest. I've dealt with this dealer before, and have only felt they do a very average job with customer service, but they just happened to be closest to me. I specifically didn't want to negotiate numbers but I did want some general information on financing and leasing questions going forward. In fact, while I knew the salesman, I told him I wanted to talk to finance and he knew he couldn't answer my questions.

So, here's the crux of my quest for an opinion. If you think I'm crazy, I won't be offended. My spouse is in a Chevy lease. My plan is to buy that out and order a 2017 Camaro. I asked if I could swap the lease name from my spouse to me. I was advised that it probably wouldn't be necessary since we're in the same household. I'll assume for this conversation that that is true. However, this finance person had NEVER HEARD OF swapping a lease out, or having someone take over their lease. I even mentioned a couple web sites. Still nothing. I'm thinking this person either is a) lying or b) truly ignorant of how the lease world works. Putting (a) aside, doesn't everyone in the car business, especially the finance department, know about lease swapping and/or taking over someone's lease??

I was indifferent with this dealer going in, but that really turned me off. Am I off base here? I just feel it is so basic an issue. But then again, if I hear from you guys that knowing this information is not common among the car industry, then I will leave it be.
angelbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Swapping leases is something that works off the Internet through the specialized sites and not really something that a finance manager would initiate or be involved in. At least that's my experience. Most of the F&I guys I know , know about it , but just don't do it
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #3
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
May be that they don't do a lot of leases, and so he hasn't had to learn up on it
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote