Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 05-12-2016, 11:15 PM   #29
datboi448

Drives: 2013 2LT RS, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by schecter7 View Post
Ah Dallas Dealers. Got a 2010 SS from Reliable Chevy (I literally took the metro train to get there as I needed a car right away). They honored my employer discount, but also added whole bunch of garbage warranties (worth $6k that I figured out later :P) I was exhausted & opted in for those junks without paying any attention. So it was my fault. I was able to cancel $4.5K worth of warranties later on. The paint protection crap was already applied, so it couldn't be canceled.

2 weeks later, I went to Huffines to trade the black 2SS with 700 miles for a gray one. I was ready to take a $4k/10% depreciation hit, but they offered something like $10K less than what I paid - lmao Friendly & Stonebriar did a bit better. Out of curiosity, I went to carmax and was offered better than what I was expecting. Yet I didn't bother to visit any of those sucky dealerships to get a match on trade-in value as they just suck.

Long story short - Reliable was still the best Dallas area dealer I had to deal with - so no regrets over the paint protection crap they sold to me :P

Things are better in Austin. Capitol & Autonation are great - Henna is not. I actually had fun buying my 13 1LE here. I also had the best service dept. experience at Capitol. All other 10+ Chevy dealership service depts. I dealt with were aweful. Austin is also closer to SA :p

Next time, if you ever drive for 7 hours to to buy a car, I'd highly recommend to sort out the trade-in value first (over email with pictures). Also get a carmax offer (which is usually pretty decent) and email it over.

I'd like to buy my next car from a Houston dealer just for the heck of it. Any recommendations?
You can give classic Chevrolet sugar land a try. I bought my 13' 2LT there a little over 3 years ago. They didn't have a car with the options I wanted but they found one that was in transit from the factory to another dealership. They traded for it and the general sales manager personally went and picked it up. I ended up driving off at 1k over msrp.
datboi448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:17 PM   #30
schecter7

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by datboi448 View Post
You can give classic Chevrolet sugar land a try. I bought my 13' 2LT there a little over 3 years ago. They didn't have a car with the options I wanted but they found one that was in transit from the factory to another dealership. They traded for it and the general sales manager personally went and picked it up. I ended up driving off at 1k over msrp.

I'll definitely check out Classic Chevy. Thanks!
schecter7 is offline   Reply With Quote