Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
purv24

Drives: Black 2ss
Angry Does this bother you?

Whenever I show someone my car.... Unless they're a real car enthusiast themselves... They always touch the car, on the back. And especially on the fenders when looking under the hood....

This makes me feel like someone is walking on my white carpet with muddy boots.

Also... I get mad at my girlfriend if she closes the door when getting kit without touching the plastic trim piece. She leaves finger prints on give glass and door all the time.

And she's not allowed to wear jeans in the camaro either cause the rivets could scratch the leather (that ruined my trailblazer seats.)
purv24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
I had my car at a car show this summer and a gentleman decided to rest his forearm on the roof to take a look inside my car, talk about wanting to rip his arm off and beat him with it.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
I know exactly what you're saying and agree 100%.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Yep!
Old 09-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Old 09-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
Bones1102

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
It is very frustrating after i wash and wax the car for someone to come up and put their greasy hands on it I just to punch them!!
2011 Camaro SS K&N CAI Borla XR1 long tube headers ATAK Cat back exhaust Comp cam 440 rwhp 432 lb torque vitesse throttle control Blacked out all lights Billet style grills Lorenzo Staggered fit wheels
Bones1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
TX/ZL1

Drives: '14 ZL1 RRM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by purv24 View Post
Whenever I show someone my car.... Unless they're a real car enthusiast themselves... They always touch the car, on the back. And especially on the fenders when looking under the hood....

Also... I get mad at my girlfriend if she closes the door when getting kit without touching the plastic trim piece. She leaves finger prints on give glass and door all the time.

And she's not allowed to wear jeans in the camaro either cause the rivets could scratch the leather (that ruined my trailblazer seats.)
I was with you right up to the "can't wear jeans in the car" part.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #8
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
heh...admittedly that's the first time I heard about the jeans, though it makes sense. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd go that far.....and if she's still your girl after you tell her what she can and can't wear in your presence, then she's a keeper lol
Old 09-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #9
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Touching does not bother me one bit, but you would not ever catch me at a car show either (I don't understand them). We had a cruise night in my hometown back when I was much younger, and someone tried to sit on the glass rear deck lid on our '69. I asked her to please not do that, and she moved on. Guys, there just cars. Touching them is not going to kill them.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #10
purv24

Drives: Black 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fast4Mu View Post
heh...admittedly that's the first time I heard about the jeans, though it makes sense. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd go that far.....and if she's still your girl after you tell her what she can and can't wear in your presence, then she's a keeper lol
Don't believe me.... Look at some of the rivets on jeans! Them things are scary lol.... When I'm home I'll post a pic of what happened to my trailblazer.

When I first got my camaro, the 2 guys I carpool with wanted me to take it to work... I told them they couldn't wear their work boots or any pants and they looked at me like I was stupid.

Sure enough 430
Am when I show up they're both standing there in sweatpants and brand new tennis shoes!
purv24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #11
ba2ss

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

my wife does this too, then tries to "fix" the finger prints by rubbing them, women, gah!
ba2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #12
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Most people are stupid. Just look at at who we put into political office. I recommend not showing it to anyone or warning everyone ahead of time.

Also, as a fellow black car owner, I warn you to try to be less OCD with the car. A black car is nature's joke on us anal car guys. I try not to look at the smudges and fingerprints.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #13
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Don't believe me.... Look at some of the rivets on jeans! Them things are scary lol.... When I'm home I'll post a pic of what happened to my trailblazer.
I guess I've just not paid much attention to that around here.

Quote:
When I first got my camaro, the 2 guys I carpool with wanted me to take it to work... I told them they couldn't wear their work boots or any pants and they looked at me like I was stupid.

Sure enough 430
Am when I show up they're both standing there in sweatpants and brand new tennis shoes!

You got three guys in your Camaro for a carpool? lol...I rode in the back of my old one once when I had been drinking at a bar and let a friend drive me home....and wow...I can't imagine spending sober time back there lol
Old 09-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #14
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:

Right back at ya. Yeah it does piss me off when others touch it. I guess I should sell my car cause it can't even be touched!