Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-01-2017, 04:12 AM   #15
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ok got it installed thanks
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 07-01-2017 at 04:31 AM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:44 AM   #16
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
Excellent
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #17
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Pardon my ignorance, but what will the beta app do, or allow me to do, that makes it worth trying? Thanks for any clue!
Old 07-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #18
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what will the beta app do, or allow me to do, that makes it worth trying? Thanks for any clue!
Waze on Android Auto. So you can use it instead of Google Maps for navigation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:42 PM   #19
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post

OH!

Thank you!
Old 07-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #20
wjmeyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS, 2LT
I upgraded to Waze ver. 4.26.0.1 beta on my galaxy s5, but I still only get google maps on android auto. Anyone know why?
wjmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:45 AM   #21
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmeyer View Post
I upgraded to Waze ver. 4.26.0.1 beta on my galaxy s5, but I still only get google maps on android auto. Anyone know why?
Did you tap the arrow beside the map icon? That gives you the selection to choose different apps. Just like the music section.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #22
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:

It is a beta version, so you will see a "glitch" from time to time...I'm really interested in hearing from others who are running it and comparing to my experience. So far, these are the issues I have seen:

1. Slightly slower to load than other MyLink apps.

2. No speed limit displays on MyLink, even though it does appear when I run the app standalone.

3. Voice command ("navigate to XYZ"...) not working for me. It says, "Ok, handing off to Waze...," then searches continuously without listing results.

4. Occasionally, I like to display the map on the MyLink screen, without a route selected, while I'm driving. Sometimes when I do this, the map display freezes on my home address and doesn't track to the road on which I'm driving.

5. Randomly, when Waze announces a road alert (like, "police spotted ahead"), I can hear the alert, but it does not appear on screen. Other times it does and I can acknowledge with the thumbs up icon.

5. If I select Waze, then shift into reverse to back out of my driveway, when I shift back into D, the display is on the AA overview/home screen and no longer on Waze. Waze is still running, and I have to select it again from its "card" on the overview/home screen to bring it back full-screen.

These are the most significant issues I've seen with the beta. Anyone else care to share?

Last edited by PnCRedJwl2SS; 07-04-2017 at 08:56 AM.
PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #23
Corbu

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
OH!

Thank you!
What it actually does is keep you without getting a speeding ticket. Waze can show you were the police is or is hiding so you can slow down and avoid getting the points on your licence+ $$$ fine. Google Maps doesn't do that. Google owns Waze so all Waze map data comes from Google Maps.

Personally I have used Android Auto just once to see how it is, but since used my phone because of Waze. I am waiting for Waze to come out of Beta though.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:39 AM   #24
Corbu

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
OH!

Thank you!
What it actually does is keep you without getting a speeding ticket. Waze can show you were the police is or is hiding so you can slow down and avoid getting the points on your licence+ $$$ fine. Google Maps doesn't do that. Google owns Waze so all Waze map data comes from Google Maps anyway.

Personally I have used Android Auto just once to see how it is, but since used my phone because of Waze. I am waiting for Waze to come out of Beta though.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:01 PM   #25
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmeyer View Post
Quote:
Did you tap the arrow beside the map icon? That gives you the selection to choose different apps. Just like the music section.

So, I spent some time with my phone (with beta app) and the car today. I used a USB to connect the phone to the port inside the center console. I could get google maps or Chevy Nav maps, but I could not find a way to switch to WAZE maps.

I am going to go back out now that I have read SuperSound's post, and look for the arrow described. I don't know if it is on my phone or on the dash unit,or what, though...

Also, is the order that I turn on the apps important? For example, do I need to start the car, THEN fire up Android Auto in the car system, THEN start WAZE on my phone? Or, some other order of things?

ETA: Back from the garage. I grabbed the latest beta (4.26.0.3 beta on July 3, 2017) and installed it. I got it, AA running on the car and the phone, and no idea how to see any WAZE content on the big car screen. I am sure it is probably something simple and I am being an idiot, but there it is. No idea how to make WAZE content show up on the big car screen.

Last edited by Emoto; 07-03-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #26
SuperSound

Quote:
So, I spent some time with my phone (with beta app) and the car today. I used a USB to connect the phone to the port inside the center console. I could get google maps or Chevy Nav maps, but I could not find a way to switch to WAZE maps.

I am going to go back out now that I have read SuperSound's post, and look for the arrow described. I don't know if it is on my phone or on the dash unit,or what, though...

Also, is the order that I turn on the apps important? For example, do I need to start the car, THEN fire up Android Auto in the car system, THEN start WAZE on my phone? Or, some other order of things?

ETA: Back from the garage. I grabbed the latest beta (4.26.0.3 beta on July 3, 2017) and installed it. I got it, AA running on the car and the phone, and no idea how to see any WAZE content on the big car screen. I am sure it is probably something simple and I am being an idiot, but there it is. No idea how to make WAZE content show up on the big car screen.
Take a look at this screenshot. You see the little down arrow beside the Map icon at the bottom left? You will only see it when you touch Map icon (or the music icon if you have multiple music apps). Tap on the arrow and you will get a selection for Google Maps or Waze beta.

As for launching apps, AA utilizes your phone to launch the apps so there's no need to anything other than plug the phone up and hit the AA icon on myLink.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #27
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
Take a look at this screenshot. You see the little down arrow beside the Map icon at the bottom left? You will only see it when you touch Map icon (or the music icon if you have multiple music apps). Tap on the arrow and you will get a selection for Google Maps or Waze beta.

As for launching apps, AA utilizes your phone to launch the apps so there's no need to anything other than plug the phone up and hit the AA icon on myLink.
Thank you so much for posting that!

I'll go back out and try again. I definitely didn't see anything like that next to the map icon. I will try touching the icons more and see if I canmake it show up.

It just occurred to me, was I supposed to change some setting in AA in the car system or anything?
Old 07-03-2017, 08:26 PM   #28
SuperSound

Quote:
Thank you so much for posting that!

I'll go back out and try again. I definitely didn't see anything like that next to the map icon. I will try touching the icons more and see if I canmake it show up.

It just occurred to me, was I supposed to change some setting in AA in the car system or anything?
Np, just try to touch on that right side of the icon...it should appear. They designed it so you wouldn't accidentally hit the selection menu when you just wanted to go back to maps. The great thing is your phone remembers what app you were using last. So you will only have to change it to Waze once.

No nothing else to change. But check out the Waze app on your phone sometime for all the settings and customizations available (can't access them when using it on AA).