Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #15
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Found out I wasn't the second owner, but more likely the third. Should have figured it out when the "car guy" previous owner couldn't list the cat back system "he" installed or return any stock parts he had "lying around his shop".
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #16
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
My 2012 1LT was bought new with 14 miles, but I found a Budweiser beer bottle cap under the driver seat the morning after I took it home. Seems a salesman must have went to the bar in it!

My 2013 SS/1LE I bought used with 1,750 miles on the clock. Thought something looked different about it, but a few days after bringing it home and peeking underneath, I found it was sitting on Eibach 1" lowering springs. All the other minor mods I knew all about before I signed the papers.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #17
HmBuilder2

Drives: 2014 RRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawSS View Post
2010 R6P car...based on the carfax, I'm the 2nd owner with the first being in the Chicago area that screwed the front plate directly into the bumper then proceeded to drive all 16,000 miles behind a rock truck in a quarry with a monkey sitting on the hood with an icepick.
LOL
HmBuilder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #18
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
When I went to remove the front plate and bracket I expected holes on the front fascia. I first removed the plate from the bracket and noticed that there were no fasteners. I could see yellow paint through the mounting holes. Thats when I noticed that the previous owner drilled small holes on either side of the bracket and had it secured to the lower grill with zip ties.

I also realized that the wheels were in perfect condition. Not a single blemish. The car had 54,000 miles on it. I could only assume that the previous owner had aftermarket wheels and put the stock ones on when he traded it in.
Lucky. I bought mine used and when I went to pull the front plate off I expected holes but ended up with 5 total instead of floor because whoever installed it predrilled one in the wrong place.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #19
SKYFALL

Drives: 2011 CGM LT
I bought mine in a year ago and found a Maroon 5 CD under the driver's seat three months ago. Also recently discovered that the car was repossessed from the first owner because he could not make the payments.
SKYFALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #20
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Door dent, smoking, small hit on driver side quarter panel and respray of rear bumper. I knew about all of this, because whoever fixed it, did a terrible job. I got a good deal on the car because of it and had it re-repaired. Perfect now!

The only thing I found afterwards was whoever changed the drl bulbs the first time decided that instead of twisting the bulbs out like a normal person, they would just pull on them until the mounts completely broke off. Then electrical tape the new bulbs into place (I like how the dealer left this in there, I assume their inspection involved lifting the car up and having a coffee, then lowering the car).
Old 05-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #21
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Bought my 2010 2SS RSVP 9 months ago and the car was perfect must have been a garage queen had 14000 miles on it and the previous owner left the builds sheets in the glove box, love the car
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #22
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYFALL View Post
I bought mine in a year ago and found a Maroon 5 CD under the driver's seat three months ago. Also recently discovered that the car was repossessed from the first owner because he could not make the payments.
Unless they now repossess cars for having horrendous taste in music.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #23
HaulnJ

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 GFX Heritage grill
I bought mine from the original owner 2yrs ago. he bought it new 10-09, when I purchased it had 2700 miles on it. Always garaged only used for special occasions. The reason he sold it was because he was about to have knee surgery and wouldn't be able to push the clutch in. My son said the guy was crying as we drove the car away the first time.
HaulnJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:06 AM   #24
Mersades
Web Geek Chick & NHRA fan

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnJ View Post
I bought mine from the original owner 2yrs ago. he bought it new 10-09, when I purchased it had 2700 miles on it. Always garaged only used for special occasions. The reason he sold it was because he was about to have knee surgery and wouldn't be able to push the clutch in. My son said the guy was crying as we drove the car away the first time.
Awh, that poor guy!

When I cleaned my V6 after first bringing her home, I found a University of California, San Diego parking permit in the black hole between the seat and center console. I noticed the 3 door dings she had while at the dealer but otherwise she was perfect.

With my current V8, I noticed the one door ding and the paint chips on the gills while on the lot. I also noticed that the wheels were disappointingly filthy on the inside of the rims. When I gave them their first good scrub I noticed that 3 of 4 have minor curb rash. Darn it. :/ I want to plasti dip or buy new wheels eventually, so no biggie in the end.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:54 AM   #25
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Bought my 2010 SS used. Didn't notice that it had a big ass scratch under the bumper where they ran over a parking curb or something. It pulled the right front part of the bumper off a little, so it was mounted kind of "off" looking. My Chevy dealer fixed it for free. I didn't even buy this Camaro from them, so I thought that was super cool of them...
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #26
Mortious
Ammo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3 M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfey View Post
My driver's side... ill call it and "assrest" or right cheek side bolster is detached from the bottom of the seat.... Cant notice it, but I lost my phone in the void between the seat and middle console and pulled up the bolster and went WTF lol

Mine was an enterprise rentacar with 22k on it when I bought it.
Nothing parties like a rental...
Old 05-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #27
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Was sitting in mine, parked, shortly after purchasing it, when the radio went apeshit... changing channels on its own. Then, the engine started, when I wasn't even near the ignition. Next, it sort of "unfolded," stood up, and went all medeival on a giant robot from outer space.

That was pretty weird, but the dealer tells me that it's "normal." Whatever.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #28
Philar299

Drives: 2021 Forte GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Was sitting in mine, parked, shortly after purchasing it, when the radio went apeshit... changing channels on its own. Then, the engine started, when I wasn't even near the ignition. Next, it sort of "unfolded," stood up, and went all medeival on a giant robot from outer space.

That was pretty weird, but the dealer tells me that it's "normal." Whatever.

Previous cars:
2014 V6 Spring Edition
2018 WRX
2022 K5
2022 Stinger
Philar299 is offline   Reply With Quote