Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2019, 12:34 AM   #1
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Throttle controller worth it??

Can someone tell me if the vitesse throttle controller or the pedal commander are worth it? If so which one should i go with and will this cause any potential problems
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:39 AM   #2
RLem619

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS A10
Check out some videos on youtube, they seem to work. Lethal Camaro and others have some good info on the Vitesse units. I haven't checked into the Pedal Commanders.

If anyone is looking to sell their new style Vitesse, shoot me a PM.

RLem619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:45 AM   #3
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
I have one (Vittese) and really like it, people here will tell you to get a tune but if you're under warranty that's not really an option.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
sal11585

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2ss Nightfall Gray
Ill be getting tuned soon for my supercharger. I have a throttle controller that i never installed. You guys think it will be pointless to install after the supercharger
Full paint correction with cquartz finest ceramic coating
Whipple 2.9
ARH Long tube headers with High flow cats
1le sway bars F&R
BMR Upper and lower trailing arms
Hurst short throw shifter
sal11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
yes get the supercharger and get a good tune and sell it
Old 04-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #6
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
I have the RaceChip XLR throttle controller and absolutely love it. To me, it's a must-have (if you do not go the route of tuning, that is).
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #7
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
I have the RaceChip XLR throttle controller and absolutely love it. To me, it's a must-have (if you do not go the route of tuning, that is).
You said you have some problems, are those fixed?
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #8
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
You said you have some problems, are those fixed?
I've had problems with the RaceChip GTS, which is the chip-based "tune." Those issues are not fixed, but the company is working on a new software package that'll be testing out in a few weeks.

The RaceChip XLR is the throttle controller and it has been flawless.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 02:04 PM   #9
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
I've had problems with the RaceChip GTS, which is the chip-based "tune." Those issues are not fixed, but the company is working on a new software package that'll be testing out in a few weeks.

The RaceChip XLR is the throttle controller and it has been flawless.
Oh, different products. Nice, thanks!
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 02:53 PM   #10
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
A throttle controller isn't going to do anything you can't do with your own foot. So you either adapt how you use the peddle or buy such a device to change how it behaves to hopefully be more i acceptable to you.

It's not a perf upgrade
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 02:58 PM   #11
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Pedal Commander does change the throttle curve. Have one on my 4Runner.
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #12
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
If your interest in throttle controllers is to improve throttle response, the root of the problem for most appears to be the throttle body design. For some inexplicable reason, the throttle body has a pronounced step down in inner diameter just ahead of the throttle plate. This causes turbulence that makes the throttle feel unresponsive for the first 20% or so of pedal travel. For me personally, it drives me crazy, and it's the only thing I truly 'hate' about my Camaro. Yeah, sure you can get used to it, but it's unlike any other car I've ever driven, and I have two other cars that I drive in addition to the Camaro. So, every time I get in the Camaro, I have to relearn how to drive it, and I feel like I've never driven a manual before, even though I've done nothing but for the last 30 years.

Electronic throttle controllers attempt to program around this, but the best way to resolve this appears to be from getting a ported throttle body that removes as much of the step as possible. It's something I plan on getting ASAP after reading countless reviews of how much they have transformed the driving experience. Search "Tony Mamo throttle body" as one example of options available for ported throttle bodies.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #13
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
a lot of people buy them, then end up selling them because it doesn't work as well as they thought, and the reason is that "throttle response" is a lot more complicated than just slamming more voltage at the ECU to get the throttle body to open more. I'm curious OP, what is your perception of the throttle response currently? And in what driving modes?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:18 PM   #14
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
If your interest in throttle controllers is to improve throttle response, the root of the problem for most appears to be the throttle body design. For some inexplicable reason, the throttle body has a pronounced step down in inner diameter just ahead of the throttle plate. This causes turbulence that makes the throttle feel unresponsive for the first 20% or so of pedal travel. For me personally, it drives me crazy, and it's the only thing I truly 'hate' about my Camaro. Yeah, sure you can get used to it, but it's unlike any other car I've ever driven, and I have two other cars that I drive in addition to the Camaro. So, every time I get in the Camaro, I have to relearn how to drive it, and I feel like I've never driven a manual before, even though I've done nothing but for the last 30 years.

Electronic throttle controllers attempt to program around this, but the best way to resolve this appears to be from getting a ported throttle body that removes as much of the step as possible. It's something I plan on getting ASAP after reading countless reviews of how much they have transformed the driving experience. Search "Tony Mamo throttle body" as one example of options available for ported throttle bodies.

Nigel
This. Between the controller and the ported TB (Tony Mamo), the car is transformed, drivability is night and day (manual here).
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote