Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 04-24-2019, 05:33 AM   #15
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
long time coming... lets hope the owners get something out of it. I guess I'm lucky my C7 GS works fine...
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:35 AM   #16
breakskeet
Kevin

Drives: 2018 Callaway Camaro ZL1 1LE
I have a Corvette Z06 with the A8. Not too often you can join two class action law suits on the same car! I am already part of the class action law suit regarding the Z06 cooling issue on the track.

I am not interested in a monetary reward either. What I would like to see is GM pay for the LG cooling package I put on my Z06 which cost me 14K not including fuel and hotels for the 2 days it took me to trailer my car to Anna, TX from FL to have it installed.
breakskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #17
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I have two vehicles on the list with the shutter my 17 SS Convertible A8, and my 18 Yukon XL A8
Old 04-24-2019, 09:57 AM   #18
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
I have two vehicles on the list with the shutter my 17 SS Convertible A8, and my 18 Yukon XL A8
Me too

2017 Colorado Z71 and 2017 Camaro SS
Old 04-24-2019, 10:11 AM   #19
Magnum922

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, A8
What if you dont have the problem now but get it later after the class action law suit?
Old 04-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #20
Fun

Drives: 2020 V6 Auto 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum922 View Post
What if you dont have the problem now but get it later after the class action law suit?
The link has a form to fill out, that has a message box.
The lawyers will get zillions, the peons very little.
Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:43 AM   #21
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Usually everyone who bought the vehicle is entitled to compensation. Even if you didn't have any issues. I've had CALs from used cars I bought years ago and had for a few months and never had an issue with and I was allowed to jump in on the claims.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:46 AM   #22
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
I’ve never had this issue either but I put in my info and asked to be kept in the loop. I guess it’s good I already decided I want to upgrade to a V8. Just can’t decide what I want.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:46 AM   #23
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun View Post
Lawyers will get zillions, car owners will getfree car washes or oil changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun View Post
The link has a form to fill out, that has a message box.
The lawyers will get zillions, the peons very little.
Lawyers are entitled to a certain amount of the money right off the bat. The rest of the money gets divided amongst all those affected. So if the win X amount, take out their share, and then divide the rest among the hundreds of thousands of people affected, you might see enough money to buy lunch of the dollar menu at McDonalds...or, if you're lucky and hit it big, you might be able to get a $5 box at Taco Bell with some spare change for a candy bar. But that's about it.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:53 AM   #24
zirad54

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, MRC, NPP,
just a word of caution, as mentioned before the lawyer's and firms are the ones who bank. If you decide to become part of the class action, you are stuck with whatever outcome GM agrees to. This can include provisions to not service your vehicle if you get any cash amount. So, be careful what you sign up for.

I have been part of a few class actions over my years and know this from experience. One time I received a check for $17 as my share of a multimillion $$ class action and gave up all warranty and service rights for that vehicle. That was the one that caused me to read the fine print over and over again and ask the very pointed questions.
zirad54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #25
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Lawyers are entitled to a certain amount of the money right off the bat. The rest of the money gets divided amongst all those affected. So if the win X amount, take out their share, and then divide the rest among the hundreds of thousands of people affected, you might see enough money to buy lunch of the dollar menu at McDonalds...or, if you're lucky and hit it big, you might be able to get a $5 box at Taco Bell with some spare change for a candy bar. But that's about it.
The Ford Powershift CAL settlement could be a model for how this will turn out. Expecting money as compensation is probably unlikely anyway, regardless of how much the lawyers take.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #26
ss1661

Drives: 1ss
so how will this eventually work out, will they buy back the car, do I get a fat discount on a 2019 or do they compensate with cash. I really wanted to keep this vehicle long term :(
ss1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #27
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1661 View Post
so how will this eventually work out, will they buy back the car, do I get a fat discount on a 2019 or do they compensate with cash. I really wanted to keep this vehicle long term :(
I highly doubt that there will be any effort to buy back vehicles.... I could definitely see the potential of perhaps an A10 swap in if they cant fully fix the issue...would probably be cheaper in the long run anyways..
Old 04-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #28
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1661 View Post
I'd expect extended warranty coverage on the transmission, compensation for previous customer paid-for flushes and other repairs related to the problem, maybe even for GM to release a more extensive & permanent fix. The other options you mentioned are possible and have happened before with other brands/models, but I think being more costly to the manufacturer they're less likely to happen, at least without them forcing you to live with the car and risk having the problem reoccur at least a couple more times before they'd consider a buy back (if they agree to that in a settlement at all).
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote