Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-10-2019, 05:59 PM   #1
Grimfrost769

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
My after sales experience with dealership has been terrible. Warranty work lied about

Recently, I bought a used 2018 1SS 1LE with under 5,000k miles at a local dealer in NC.

Before buying this I had asked if any accidents, services, or warranty work done. My sales person said they service every car that comes in and that no warranty had been done. He said he would have all that for me as we came back from the test drive. We talk numbers and the purchase goes through. I end up getting the car. A day or so later I noticed they did not give me any additional paperwork in regards to the cars history.After doing some digging I found out that this car had suffered 2 integral engine part failures less than a 300 miles apart and replaced.

Naturally I was not pleased to hear about this and even less so once I realized that they omitted this prior to sale and after the sale of the vehicle until I said something. The sales manager and I fought for over an hour. His general consensus was that the car works and it doesn't matter despite the fact his sales man lied about it.
They basically refused to do anything or compensate me for this omission about 2 failures and it was not disclosed to me before,during, or after the sale. He said there was nothing they were willing to do nor offer me anything and simply wanted me off the phone.

Any advice?

Last edited by Grimfrost769; 04-11-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Grimfrost769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Situations like this are much worse when the car is used and not even a CPO. Go see the general manager

But when the sales guy said he'd supply the proof of prior use/warranty, and did not, why did you go forward with the deal?

Their main crime is lying to you but the car does function, so if i was the gm I'd give you a few oil changes and an apology, but not much else.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
Grimfrost769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Situations like this are much worse when the car is used and not even a CPO. Go see the general manager

But when the sales guy said he'd supply the proof of prior use/warranty, and did not, why did you go forward with the deal?

Their main crime is lying to you but the car does function, so if i was the gm I'd give you a few oil changes and an apology, but not much else.

The records that they provided me were the service records. As far as that dealership was concerned they gave me what I wanted. Through his words directly there was no warranty work done so there was nothing to provide.

It was only when I found out did they submit the actual warranty history. After the sales man said nothing had been done to it other than the regular service.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #4
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
My after sales experience with dealershop has been terrible. Warranty work lied about

If what you’re saying is true, what the salesman did, and the sales manager, to a lesser extent, was shameful, disgraceful, and dishonest. However, what they did is not illegal.

If the car wasn’t a GM buyback, or have a branded title, I do not believe they are required to tell you anything about its history. You asked, and the right thing for them to do was to look into your inquiry honestly and seriously even if they weren’t the dealer that serviced it or performed the warranty work.

In terms of compensation, it would be best for you to consult a lawyer. Lawyers are expensive though and depending on the paperwork you signed you could’ve handcuffed yourself to dealer led arbitration. Regardless, if you’re seeking monetary compensation then you should consult a lawyer. Any attorney worth anything will then tell you to keep it off the internet until the matter is resolved, and depending on the terms of a future agreement, you may not be able to disclose the outcome anyway.

Ultimately, the lawyer will tell you it’s your word (i.e., they lied) against theirs, and if they don’t cop to lying and if none of what you’re saying the salesman told you was documented in say an email exchange then you probably won’t make it fair with a case against them.

If you’re not inclined to go that far with it then it’s your car and now your responsibility. But before I blast them on the internet I would contact the General Manager and ultimately the owner of the dealership.

If you are not happy with that outcome and if you’re not going to lawyer up then you should be telling every review site, the dealer’s own Facebook page, the BBB, and GM Corporate about your experience with that particular dealer to hopefully save the next customer some grief and ding the dealer’s reputation.

No one wants to know their new-to-them vehicle has some serious repair. I’d assume you have a fairly lengthy remainder of the factory warranty and I’d probably see how the cost of the Chevy Extended Protection Plan for added peace of mind if you plan on keeping it for awhile.

Sorry this happened to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #5
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
What are we talking about here, a thermostat or connecting rod/piston assembly?
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:22 PM   #6
ecko04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post

Word! Very good to know if a mountain is being made of a molehill.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #7
ecko04

Also repairs separated by 300 miles can be an indicator of work not performed as it should have been the first time as opposed to a lingering problem with the car.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #8
Grimfrost769

Quote:
Crankshaft and connecting rod assembly.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #9
Warrior102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfrost769 View Post
Crankshaft and connecting rod assembly.
Holy crap! That should've been brought up in conversation, although I see why they avoided it. Does the car run OK, leaks or noises?
Old 04-10-2019, 06:49 PM   #10
Grimfrost769

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
If what you’re saying is true, what the salesman did, and the sales manager, to a lesser extent, was shameful, disgraceful, and dishonest. However, what they did is not illegal.

If the car wasn’t a GM buyback, or have a branded title, I do not believe they are required to tell you anything about its history. You asked, and the right thing for them to do was to look into your inquiry honestly and seriously even if they weren’t the dealer that serviced it or performed the warranty work.

In terms of compensation, it would be best for you to consult a lawyer. Lawyers are expensive though and depending on the paperwork you signed you could’ve handcuffed yourself to dealer led arbitration. Regardless, if you’re seeking monetary compensation then you should consult a lawyer. Any attorney worth anything will then tell you to keep it off the internet until the matter is resolved, and depending on the terms of a future agreement, you may not be able to disclose the outcome anyway.

Ultimately, the lawyer will tell you it’s your word (i.e., they lied) against theirs, and if they don’t cop to lying and if none of what you’re saying the salesman told you was documented in say an email exchange then you probably won’t make it fair with a case against them.

If you’re not inclined to go that far with it then it’s your car and now your responsibility. But before I blast them on the internet I would contact the General Manager and ultimately the owner of the dealership.

If you are not happy with that outcome and if you’re not going to lawyer up then you should be telling every review site, the dealer’s own Facebook page, the BBB, and GM Corporate about your experience with that particular dealer to hopefully save the next customer some grief and ding the dealer’s reputation.

No one wants to know their new-to-them vehicle has some serious repair. I’d assume you have a fairly lengthy remainder of the factory warranty and I’d probably see how the cost of the Chevy Extended Protection Plan for added peace of mind if you plan on keeping it for awhile.

Sorry this happened to you.

They betrayed buyer confidence. This should be illegal.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #11
Grimfrost769

Quote:
Holy crap! That should've been brought up in conversation, although I see why they avoided it. Does the car run OK, leaks or noises?

It wasn't. The worst part is the sale manager believes it doesn't matter because the car works.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:00 PM   #12
Hasti

Drives: 2017 Hot Red 2ss Auto adrenaline
Uhh, you cant do anything, its a used car and he only verbally told you things.
Check out lehtos stuff
Hasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #13
Warrior102

Anything can be fixed and it probably is but that information would have heavily influenced me, I would have walked on that car I'm too OCD for that.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #14
Grimfrost769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasti View Post
Uhh, you cant do anything, its a used car and he only verbally told you things.
Check out lehtos stuff
Quote:
Anything can be fixed and it probably is but that information would have heavily influenced me, I would have walked on that car I'm too OCD for that.
****ed.