Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-12-2019, 08:59 AM   #57
Grimfrost769

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCKD 1LE View Post
Again, call GM and complain. My wife works for GM, I know the secrets.
The GSM and Management all depend on that bonus. If you call GM and raise holy hell GM will "Red Flag" the dealership until they fix the issue. If to many red flags are not fixed in a timely manner they lose their GM Bonus for the month.
Most managers are not willing to chance this check so they will fix the issue at hand. They have a lot more to lose than you do.
This dealership have obviously signaled that they are willing to take whatever I can do. I can call GM and raise holy hell, which I will. But, the message this dealership sends is clear.
Grimfrost769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #58
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormSS View Post
Making a sign up and standing in front of the dealer on Friday and Saturdays might get their attention
This is actually a really good idea, if you have time and you don’t mind publicly standing your ground. I’d check the local ordinance as to whether a permit would be needed. I’d also make sure you have some type of proof that you had conversations around their misleading car sale to you (maybe a witness?). You wouldn’t want to get sued by the dealership.Although, it would probably cost them more time and aggravation to do that then to just take the car back.

I had a friend of a friend hold a bright orange sign stating “such and such dealer sells lemons” on tall stick outside of a dealership for 2 weekend days between 12 and 4PM ....right next to their entrance. At the beginning of the next weekend, they came over to him and said pick a truck off the lot you want. In his case, he had a new truck that wouldn’t heat the cab appropriately, they said that was “normal”. He made clear to them before he started the process, that he’d hold that sign out there every weekend until he got what he wanted.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #59
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
I really dont see a problem here. Anything replaced under warranty, will still carry a warranty with it. Not to mention, new cars sometimes have bad parts from the factory. The fact that they failed 300 miles apart is good. Thats probably it for lemon parts. The rest will be wear failures or freak failures. Them not telling you (if by choice) is shady. But not grounds to compensate you. Thats petty. If it was an accident that was not disclosed, then I agree. But we are talking about warranty work. If that stops you from buying a used car, then buy a new one. You are getting yourself all worked up not over the actual work, but because you feel like you were lied to for them to make the sale. Odds are if they told you about it during the deal, it wouldnt have been an issue anyway.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:04 PM   #60
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
I really dont see a problem here. Anything replaced under warranty, will still carry a warranty with it. Not to mention, new cars sometimes have bad parts from the factory. The fact that they failed 300 miles into the car's life is good. Thats probably it for lemon parts. The rest will be wear failures or freak failures. Them not telling you (if by choice) is shady. But not grounds to compensate you. Thats petty. If it was an accident that was not disclosed, then I agree. But we are talking about warranty work. If that stops you from buying a used car, then buy a new one. You are getting yourself all worked up not over the actual work, but because you feel like you were lied to for them to make the sale. Odds are if they told you about it during the deal, it wouldnt have been an issue anyway.
Well said.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #61
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
I really dont see a problem here. Anything replaced under warranty, will still carry a warranty with it. Not to mention, new cars sometimes have bad parts from the factory. The fact that they failed 300 miles apart is good. Thats probably it for lemon parts. The rest will be wear failures or freak failures. Them not telling you (if by choice) is shady. But not grounds to compensate you. Thats petty. If it was an accident that was not disclosed, then I agree. But we are talking about warranty work. If that stops you from buying a used car, then buy a new one. You are getting yourself all worked up not over the actual work, but because you feel like you were lied to for them to make the sale. Odds are if they told you about it during the deal, it wouldnt have been an issue anyway.
Very nicely put..
Old 04-12-2019, 12:16 PM   #62
Grimfrost769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
This is actually a really good idea, if you have time and you don’t mind publicly standing your ground. I’d check the local ordinance as to whether a permit would be needed. I’d also make sure you have some type of proof that you had conversations around their misleading car sale to you (maybe a witness?). You wouldn’t want to get sued by the dealership.Although, it would probably cost them more time and aggravation to do that then to just take the car back.

I had a friend of a friend hold a bright orange sign stating “such and such dealer sells lemons” on tall stick outside of a dealership for 2 weekend days between 12 and 4PM ....right next to their entrance. At the beginning of the next weekend, they came over to him and said pick a truck off the lot you want. In his case, he had a new truck that wouldn’t heat the cab appropriately, they said that was “normal”. He made clear to them before he started the process, that he’d hold that sign out there every weekend until he got what he wanted.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Well said.
You are correct in this would be something that would have stopped me from buying the car. However, my main gripe is that this was not billed as something that had critical failures in the past. The gripe is that I asked about any warranty work and was not told about this. Then my treatment after the fact by the staff.

It is obvious they do not want to compensate me and feel as though they have done nothing wrong. It certainly isn't petty because such a thing would adversely affect the price of the vehicle.Either way, I feel as though I have pushed the issue as far as possible. They know that it would be fruitless to go against them as a dealership that makes millions versus one person. But, the fact that they did not disclose it when I asked compromises integrity and trust of a deal.

At the end of they day they got the money and in my opinion that is what matters to them.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #63
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfrost769 View Post
You are correct in this would be something that would have stopped me from buying the car. However, my main gripe is that this was not billed as something that had critical failures in the past. The gripe is that I asked about any warranty work and was not told about this. Then my treatment after the fact by the staff.

It is obvious they do not want to compensate me and feel as though they have done nothing wrong. It certainly isn't petty because such a thing would adversely affect the price of the vehicle.Either way, I feel as though I have pushed the issue as far as possible. They know that it would be fruitless to go against them as a dealership that makes millions versus one person. But, the fact that they did not disclose it when I asked compromises integrity and trust of a deal.

At the end of they day they got the money and in my opinion that is what matters to them.
Dealer warranty work short of a long block change, does not adversely effect the price of the vehicle. Never has, never will. Again if we are talking about an accident. Or something that would brand the title, then YES completely agree. But warranty work is (should) be done within manufacturer spec and procedures. There are paths you can take if warranty work is not done properly, or if there is a lemon situation. But to think that your car had a connecting rod replaced under warranty is a non-issue. If you didnt ask and push to know, you'd never know. And it wouldnt be a problem unless it was a problem again. At that point it would get warrantied again. Like I said, this is not a big deal. F that dealer. Enjoy that 1LE and dont let some warranty work sour you on the car. Hell man, lots of guys will eventually pull their motors to upgrade them for boost and whatnot. Its not a huge deal. Now if the dealer had to warranty repaint half the car, or replace the roof panel from some sort of oopsie from when it was new on their lot, then yes you need to know.

This happened to me with my scat. It was brand new. Turns out the drivers window was busted out by someone at some point when it was on the lot before I got it. They replaced the window under warranty and had a third party company do it. They didnt tell me about it. And I noticed my window would not seal correctly when the door closed.

So I brought it back and thats when I was told what happened. There was still glass in the door panel and under the drivers seat. So at 500 miles, the door seal was replaced and they had to remove the seat and the drivers door panel to "finish" vacuuming up the glass. The shards were in the seat tracks in the grease, and the seat would crush them when I moved it back. They never could get it all out of the tracks, so they replaced the entire seat assembly and the door panel because they screwed it up taking it off. 4 days later, I finally had a "new" car that did not have a leaky window seal or crunching glass sounds when I moved the seat up to let my kids in.

I was pissed yes, but it was all taken care of and 29k miles later it was never a problem again. I just started thinking about it again from your thread here.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:53 PM   #64
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
You have every right to be upset. You feel as though you were deceived and duped. It isn’t illegal but it is wrong.

Warranty work should’ve been disclosed if you asked for it and they had a means of finding out. But like others have said, warranty work does not effect the value of the vehicle unless it comes with a branded title and even what’s considered a lemon varies from state to state.

Whether compensation is warranted is a judgment call on their behalf.

I understand you being upset and I believe you’ve now accepted that there’s really nothing you can do about it but make formal complaints, and I hope you follow through on those.

You’ll definitely use this experience for your next purchase and you’ll be in a better position and more informed due to it. It sucks now but you’ll be better off later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #65
Grimfrost769

Quote:
Dealer warranty work short of a long block change, does not adversely effect the price of the vehicle. Never has, never will. Again if we are talking about an accident. Or something that would brand the title, then YES completely agree. But warranty work is (should) be done within manufacturer spec and procedures. There are paths you can take if warranty work is not done properly, or if there is a lemon situation. But to think that your car had a connecting rod replaced under warranty is a non-issue. If you didnt ask and push to know, you'd never know. And it wouldnt be a problem unless it was a problem again. At that point it would get warrantied again. Like I said, this is not a big deal. F that dealer. Enjoy that 1LE and dont let some warranty work sour you on the car. Hell man, lots of guys will eventually pull their motors to upgrade them for boost and whatnot. Its not a huge deal. Now if the dealer had to warranty repaint half the car, or replace the roof panel from some sort of oopsie from when it was new on their lot, then yes you need to know.

This happened to me with my scat. It was brand new. Turns out the drivers window was busted out by someone at some point when it was on the lot before I got it. They replaced the window under warranty and had a third party company do it. They didnt tell me about it. And I noticed my window would not seal correctly when the door closed.

So I brought it back and thats when I was told what happened. There was still glass in the door panel and under the drivers seat. So at 500 miles, the door seal was replaced and they had to remove the seat and the drivers door panel to "finish" vacuuming up the glass. The shards were in the seat tracks in the grease, and the seat would crush them when I moved it back. They never could get it all out of the tracks, so they replaced the entire seat assembly and the door panel because they screwed it up taking it off. 4 days later, I finally had a "new" car that did not have a leaky window seal or crunching glass sounds when I moved the seat up to let my kids in.

I was pissed yes, but it was all taken care of and 29k miles later it was never a problem again. I just started thinking about it again from your thread here.

I certainly hope that this vehicle does not. I would disagree about the value considering what happened. But, it is a mute point. I have taken steps to raise hell and complain about what happened. My experience is out there now and that will have to be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
You have every right to be upset. You feel as though you were deceived and duped. It isn’t illegal but it is wrong.

Warranty work should’ve been disclosed if you asked for it and they had a means of finding out. But like others have said, warranty work does not effect the value of the vehicle unless it comes with a branded title and even what’s considered a lemon varies from state to state.

Whether compensation is warranted is a judgment call on their behalf.

I understand you being upset and I believe you’ve now accepted that there’s really nothing you can do about it but make formal complaints, and I hope you follow through on those.

You’ll definitely use this experience for your next purchase and you’ll be in a better position and more informed due to it. It sucks now but you’ll be better off later.

I absolutely will. And hopefully should anyone happen upon the experience with Moore Buick GMC then they will no.

Consider this thread at it's end.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:08 PM   #66
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
The thread isn’t dead until you post some pics of the ride! You gotta enjoy it now.

ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:55 PM   #67
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes Grimfrost, send us a few pictures of your Camaro!
Old 04-13-2019, 01:59 PM   #68
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
This is why I never buy used cars new or nothing. I bought a used car once did even have it 1year and got rid of it lucky me the whole electric system went . The guy who bought it wanted to know why I didn’t tell him, it worked fine when i had it. I got rid of it because it drove lousy in the winter. Believe it or not it was a Camaro
Old 04-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #69
Fatty1707

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Quote:
I was on the fence about this but...if it is not a "BIG DEAL" then why would the Dealer keep the information from the OP? OP has every right to be pissed. I would make a you tube video about their practices and send it to them and post it all over social media including here. Dealer did not go into this deal with clean hands and should be called out to save someone else from a worse situation than this.

The fact that OP asked for the information and it was not given to him, changes the situation. Dealer should have disclosed it before OP had to ask, but the sale is more important than morals, values and integrity from the Dealer. This Dealers practices are corrupt and then to top it off, they treat you like you did something wrong. Just my 2 cents.
Fatty1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:04 PM   #70
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty1707 View Post
I was on the fence about this but...if it is not a "BIG DEAL" then why would the Dealer keep the information from the OP? OP has every right to be pissed. I would make a you tube video about their practices and send it to them and post it all over social media including here. Dealer did not go into this deal with clean hands and should be called out to save someone else from a worse situation than this.

The fact that OP asked for the information and it was not given to him, changes the situation. Dealer should have disclosed it before OP had to ask, but the sale is more important than morals, values and integrity from the Dealer. This Dealers practices are corrupt and then to top it off, they treat you like you did something wrong. Just my 2 cents.
I totally agree. What the dealer should have done is disclose the history and price the car accordingly. Then, the car possibly would have been worth considering for purchase. But I'm guessing, based on my familiarity with dealer pricing of "almost new" cars, that the price did not reflect the car's history.

And that's why I suggested that a private sale of a 50,000 mile car is a better value than a dealer sale of a 5,000 mile car. If you are looking for a bargain, I would go for the former, not the latter.

But having said all that, the 5,000 mile car has a lot of warranty left, and so I suggest chilling out and enjoying the car. I had the top end rebuilt under warranty to replace faulty lifters, and the engine has been humming along ever since. Believe it or not, some dealers are capable of an engine rebuild.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote