Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #1
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Too bad Chevy has nothing to offer to compete with Dodge...

...as far as commercials go.
https://moparinsiders.com/dodge-laun...gn-for-spring/
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:57 PM   #2
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Another one of these threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #3
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
https://youtu.be/AH-3TBlHbZE
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #4
17rsvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
I don't see no smokin donuts! Smokin donuts sell cars, not desert dust trails.

Joking aside, never saw that on TV.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:33 AM   #5
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I wish GM would focus a little more on performance and a little less on being “green”. Yes the eCOPO was an interesting concept, but that’s all it was a concept of a non-street legal race car. Lets get some fun pavement pounders again!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #6
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
hmmm this again... here

https://youtu.be/t4zSIVpVMaw
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #7
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
hmmm this again... here

Incredible video. Topples $300k European supercars left and right.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #8
17rsvert

Quote:
hmmm this again... here

Great video, but not a TV commercial. Enthusiasts will find this video, but the average person looking for a sporty car will recall the Dodde burnouts, even if they are more interested in a V6, because they've seen it on TV. I spoken to plenty of people who have heard of a Hellcat but when I mention a ZL1 or 1LE they get this puzzled look on their face.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #9
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
Great video, but not a TV commercial. Enthusiasts will find this video, but the average person looking for a sporty car will recall the Dodde burnouts, even if they are more interested in a V6, because they've seen it on TV. I spoken to plenty of people who have heard of a Hellcat but when I mention a ZL1 or 1LE they get this puzzled look on their face.
GM would rather advertise the Encore and Equinox.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #10
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I wish GM would focus a little more on performance and a little less on being “green”. Yes the eCOPO was an interesting concept, but that’s all it was a concept of a non-street legal race car. Lets get some fun pavement pounders again!
Sorry, but those days are ending. We are in the middle of watching cheap fun performance cars in their sunset. With the current volumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
Quote:
hmmm this again... here

It's very hard to get people to understand that a TV commercial is only one of so many ways to market a product. Everyone on hear that complains that GM must have a TV commercial to sell more Camaros doesn't understand this. Mrs. Number 3's undergrad and master degrees are in Marketing. Although she is trying to be retired, she watches the job market. It's DIGITAL and SOCIAL media that is driving everything. The woman that did the Corvette 50th Anniversary event in Nashville, the "Back to the Road" tour on Route 66, and supported the Corvette Race Team presence in LeMans for 3 years running no longer has the skills people are looking for. It's clicks folks. TV commercials don't deliver that, and as I've suggested, everyone that comes here wanting a commercial??? You and I aren't who GM is trying to reach. We are well aware of the car and either have one or want one. It's why we come here.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:31 AM   #11
17rsvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

It's very hard to get people to understand that a TV commercial is only one of so many ways to market a product. Everyone on hear that complains that GM must have a TV commercial to sell more Camaros doesn't understand this. Mrs. Number 3's undergrad and master degrees are in Marketing. Although she is trying to be retired, she watches the job market. It's DIGITAL and SOCIAL media that is driving everything. The woman that did the Corvette 50th Anniversary event in Nashville, the "Back to the Road" tour on Route 66, and supported the Corvette Race Team presence in LeMans for 3 years running no longer has the skills people are looking for. It's clicks folks. TV commercials don't deliver that, and as I've suggested, everyone that comes here wanting a commercial??? You and I aren't who GM is trying to reach. We are well aware of the car and either have one or want one. It's why we come here.
So what you are saying is that GM is doing the best possible marketing job for the Camaro by avoiding TV commercials. So that implies that Dodge does not know what they are doing and are wasting their time and money putting the Challenger on TV, even though they are outselling the Camaro with a product line that is based on a decades old platform, and there is greater brand awareness of Dodge performance cars to the non-enthusiast crowd. Would you agree or disagree that not everyone who buys a Challenger or Camaro is an enthusiast? And would you also agree or disagree that a non enthusiast is more likely to be made aware of a car by seeing it in a TV commercial or by product placement in shows or movies than by purposely looking up car videos on YouTube? And can you please explain what you mean by 'It's clicks folks' ? I seriously doubt that my wife, sister or brother, all non enthusiast car buyers, are getting ANY exposure to on-line Camaro marketing, even though they might all be potential buyers.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #12
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Sorry, but those days are ending. We are in the middle of watching cheap fun performance cars in their sunset. With the current volumes

I disagree. I have lots of friends and coworkers who are into cars. Most of my coworkers worked as GM techs previously. It surprised me how many guys didn’t know that they built ZL1s still as a 6th Gen now. They also didn’t know they were building 1LE cars after the 4th Gen.
Where I live we rarely even see 6th Gen Camaro’s. Just yesterday I told a friend of mine I ordered a new Camaro. She’s into cars somewhat. She thought they stopped making Camaro’s!!!
But she knew what a Hellcat was when I told her I went to look at a Charger Hellcat when I was shopping to order a car.

She even knew about the Hellcat display that was at Woodward cruise a couple years ago.

Simply put the Camaro gets jack when it comes to advertising period. Social media. Yeah minimal to Nill if any.
How come I don’t see these advertisements on social media when I am active on numerous Camaro sites. You would think those ads for Camaro’s would pop up wouldn’t you?
Yet I do a search on a water heater and next thing you know I have water heater advertisements on the sites I frequent. Hmmmmm
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:56 PM   #13
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Meh who cares. If advertising sways your decision you don’t know much about cars anyway.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #14
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Sorry, but those days are ending. We are in the middle of watching cheap fun performance cars in their sunset. With the current volumes.
IMO, the current volumes are because auto manufacturers have priced themselves out of the market and have lost track of what it was to build a true muscle car. For example, take the Plymouth Road Runner. In 1968 the Road Runner was introduced to the world and it was a no frills go fast machine. It had a 383 or a 426 hemi as its engine options. It had a bench seat, vinyl floors, and was CHEAP. Their goal was to get a performance car into the market for under $3k. At the end of the day, the base engine 383 was competitive with many cars on the street and with minimal modification could be running very impressively.

Fast forward to today. A base model SS Camaro with no extras included on it STARTS at about $37,500. My 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS with practically every option except a sunroof stickered for about that. In less than 10 years the price of the car has gone up substantially. To price my car's equivalent today it would cost in the ballpark of $48,000. That's an additional 28% price increase over what mine cost in less than 10 years!! This is without everything that I'd build to put on the car as "extra features". This is to get similarly equipped car, not decked out 100% car. The problem is that this isn't just Chevy. Ford and Chrysler are doing the same things except that Chrysler at least is making some fun cars to go with some extra costs.

I will agree with those who are saying that the Camaro gets zero publicity and that is contributing to the lack of sales, again IMO. Chrysler does a heck of a job promoting their power brands (Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk, Scat Pack, etc). All of their brands are household names. I was at a Camaro show a couple years ago and the kid helping their parent behind one of the concession stands started freaking out when a rogue Hellcat drove by. They were so excited about the 707hp and thought it would smoke every car at the event. Of course I let them in on a secret of my friend's 1,100+rwhp 2010 and their mouth dropped, but that's my point. Educate the public on what you have and get them EXCITED about performance.

In the future it is likely going to have to be electric cars that are the performers. Either that or GM is going to go under developing it. There's A LOT of potential out there if auto manufacturers would just tap into the potential. Heck, if everyone is going truck and SUV's, come out with a performance truck and SUV. Chrysler did it with the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. Why not a pavement pounder Blazer or a SS454 style pickup again? And if you're going to do one of those, don't make it look like everything else. The SS Silverado was bland at best compared to the standard Silverado. Put something into the styling that makes people know "this thing means business!".
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote