Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #15
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
"iTs JUsT jEAloUs '16-18 OwNErs wHO HaTE tHe rEFrEsH"
Ugly is ugly. Jealously has nothing to do with it. It isnt like 16 to 18 owners couldnt trade in if they wanted too. Glad you like it. I know no one personally that does regardless of what they have in their stable. Im sure kids that grew up on transformers love it. It looks cartoonish. Maybe that is who they are trying to appeal to. Who knows. Buy them up please. I hate to see the Camaro get the axe(unless they keep screwing it up)
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #16
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Ugly is ugly. Jealously has nothing to do with it. It isnt like 16 to 18 owners couldnt trade in if they wanted too. Glad you like it. I know no one personally that does regardless of what they have in their stable. Im sure kids that grew up on transformers love it. It looks cartoonish. Maybe that is who they are trying to appeal to. Who knows. Buy them up please. I hate to see the Camaro get the axe(unless they keep screwing it up)
When meming goes wrong

'twas sarcasm, pal
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:36 AM   #17
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
"iTs JUsT jEAloUs '16-18 OwNErs wHO HaTE tHe rEFrEsH"
having owned multiple gens and liked them all, that is totally false.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:55 AM   #18
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
having owned multiple gens and liked them all, that is totally false.
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:57 AM   #19
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
The 2018 / 2019 Mustang has so many problems (not even debatable anymore) and yet it makes the ten best? That's some serious BS right there. The writer is simply a Ford fanboy and a frigging joke. Talking about Steve Mcqueen and a chassis that took years to catch up to Camaro. Oh and I guess he can't hear the ticking and rattling above the 7000k rpm note. And sorry, but the Mustang front end like that of a cat fish. The gen1 was miles ahead in looks.

And for the people that like their 2019s? You don't need to justify your purchase because of some Ford fanboy writer.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #20
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray View Post
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...est-cars-2019/

After 3 years on the 10Best, the Camaro has been replaced by Mustang because:

Thoughts?
Thoughts?

...Basically just stating why Camaro doesn't sell to the general public.

There should be no surprise there.

I love my car, but for the general public, I can understand why the average person will go Mustang over Camaro. Although visibility is fine, where I believe it's more of the feel the cockpit gives off making visibility seem bad, and it's just a matter of getting used to it, there is no reason, zero (0), why it couldn't be better. ZERO (0). It is possible for this car to be more practical without compromise to the fantastic sportscar it is, too.

Those two things: visibility and practicality.

Camaro has all this better or equal than the Mustang:
-Exterior Design - Equal
-Interior Design - Equal
-Exterior quality - Better
-Interior quality - Better
-Powertrain quality - Better
-Drivetrain quality -Better
(GM just fix the damn 8-speed shudder; yes, it's 100% doable and will make a lot of customers happy; outside of shudder, which can be tuned out, the 8-speed is great)
-Chassis - Better
-Suspension - Better
-Tech - Equal
-Options/Configuration - Better
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:12 AM   #21
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
The 2018 / 2019 Mustang has so many problems (not even debatable anymore) and yet it makes the ten best? That's some serious BS right there. The writer is simply a Ford fanboy and a frigging joke. Talking about Steve Mcqueen and a chassis that took years to catch up to Camaro. Oh and I guess he can't hear the ticking and rattling above the 7000k rpm note. And sorry, but the Mustang front end like that of a cat fish. The gen1 was miles ahead in looks.

And for the people that like their 2019s? You don't need to justify your purchase because of some Ford fanboy writer.
Yeah, funny, right?

[Cheaply] Mass-produced Gen 3 Coyote PTWA cylinder liners.
[Rushed] Complete re-engineer of the MT82 with continued quality control issues.

Looks (design) will always be subjective. It's like art... The thing is, with something you are going to sell in mass-production, you have to be very careful with how polarizing the look is... I.E. there is a difference between what "Go's" for Lamborghini and what "Go's" for Mustang or Camaro.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:18 AM   #22
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
in the section on the mustang they site the camaro's visibility, practicality(didn't bother them the last couple years) and...WAIT FOR IT.....Looks.

i guess the looks put it over the edge, in the wrong direction. Thanks !
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:20 PM   #23
Deakins

Drives: 2017 2ss, m6
Sadly, I dont care what a magazine has to say about anything these days. Once I got into building engines back in the day I saw first hand how it was all smoke and mirrors, bought and paid for by the aftermarket producers to get people to spend their money. Nothing more, nothing less. The same is true here. And, for everyone that bashes the visibility...well, never live your dream of being a military pilot...there's a lot of times I couldn't see much of what I needed out of the aircraft.
Deakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:39 PM   #24
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
I see the Camaro6 group think has now turned on C&D and will be dismissing all points raised by them.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #25
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post

Says the kiddo who is screaming about how C&D is trash now.

You go be big and brave against Car and Driver, you go tell them! Yes you can!
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #26
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Says the kiddo who is screaming about how C&D is trash now.

You go be big and brave against Car and Driver, you go tell them! Yes you can!
I Never said C&D was trash, I said the writer who wrote that fanboy article was a joke. Big difference. Some of their other stuff is on point. And BTW, it's just my opinion at the end of the day. Now go troll somewhere else.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:18 PM   #27
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
I don't care what the editors of C/D posit about the Camaro. In my opinion, it's still a superior vehicle to the Mustang.
Completely depends on why someone is buying a vehicle.

If it weren't for the on-track performance I wouldn't own a Camaro. For everyday usage, the Mustang is a better car. It's more practical and the outward visibility is a huge problem for a lot of people. Shit, people in vehicles with good visibility still have issues seeing other cars and motorcycles on the road, the Camaro just makes it worse for the normal driver.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #28
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I bought my 18 after seeing the 19 ha.

But, the 19 SS 1LE in Satin Steel actually looks really good in person. If I had to buy a 19, I think that'd be it.

Every other color I've seen so far in person I have not liked.

Infotainment 3 is MUCH better especially when controlling playback in PDR.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote