Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 06-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #29
FdeleonZ28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 camaro ss convertible
no problem! Yea he hasn't responded to my second email either, sent me one about where they stand but hasn't got back to me on my reply since last week
FdeleonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #30
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Old 07-11-2018, 11:37 PM   #31
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Gave up.... went custom bolt in. Similar to the blue vert in post #16. The rollbar should be heading to the power coater tomorrow! Pic is of it only tact welded. When I left he was finishing the welds, adding some gussets, and then off she goes to get pretty... I expect it will be plenty good enough to get me on more tracks for HPDE events. If anyone has any negative comments, please back it up with details of what should be done different to better anyone else choosing or having to go this route.
Attached Images

NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #32
TLSTWIN

it looks nice, but I push my car hard. I would need to make sure it would keep me safe if something tragic happens. I don't like a false sense of security. I don't want to just "look the part" . Please keep this thread updated if you find out for sure it is "legit". I like the fact this one simply bolts in and out, nothing permanent. I guess I want the best of both worlds. Stock when not tracking, security/safety on the track.

What is it actually bolting to? Is it frame points?
Old 07-17-2018, 03:19 PM   #33
FdeleonZ28
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Gave up.... went custom bolt in. Similar to the blue vert in post #16. The rollbar should be heading to the power coater tomorrow! Pic is of it only tact welded. When I left he was finishing the welds, adding some gussets, and then off she goes to get pretty... I expect it will be plenty good enough to get me on more tracks for HPDE events. If anyone has any negative comments, please back it up with details of what should be done different to better anyone else choosing or having to go this route.
niice set up! in for pics with PC and installed! I was talking to a local shop about a roll bar like the one I posted and pricing was actually not bad but a lot of the classes I like to race in require full interior so I'm hopping RPMs version doesn't require to remove the rear seats.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #34
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FdeleonZ28 View Post
niice set up! in for pics with PC and installed! I was talking to a local shop about a roll bar like the one I posted and pricing was actually not bad but a lot of the classes I like to race in require full interior so I'm hopping RPMs version doesn't require to remove the rear seats.
Just waiting for the call to pick it up! Will def post pic when I do. Any word from Rob on the RPM's status??
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 07-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #35
FdeleonZ28
Account Suspended

just emailed them yesterday! no response yet
Old 07-26-2018, 04:15 PM   #36
driven2exceSS

She's installed finally!! It's go time!!
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2018, 04:22 PM   #37
TLSTWIN

Looks great.

Keep us informed on approval and acceptance at facilities where you go.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:32 PM   #38
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Looks great.

Keep us informed on approval and acceptance at facilities where you go.
Will do.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:31 PM   #39
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
3 bolts! Looks good to me! Backing plates?
2018 ZLE * StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin PS4S * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Eng. Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)* Gen5DIY Rapid Flash 3rd Brake Light * KOOKS 2" LT * Green Cats * AWE Cat-back Track Edition *

mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #40
mbnwa

Drives: 18 NGM ZL1 1LE
Hello all,

Just wanted to take a quick second and post that my car will be going to RPM Roll Bar on Monday, September 20th. They will be installing a 6pt Roll Bar (color matched), RPM harness kit, Seat belt mounting kit, Seat back rest as well as a color matched firewall. As the installation progresses they will send me photos of the installation and I will post in this thread.
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
mbnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:22 PM   #41
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbnwa View Post
Hello all,

Just wanted to take a quick second and post that my car will be going to RPM Roll Bar on Monday, September 20th. They will be installing a 6pt Roll Bar (color matched), RPM harness kit, Seat belt mounting kit, Seat back rest as well as a color matched firewall. As the installation progresses they will send me photos of the installation and I will post in this thread.
looking forward to seeing the progression.

Is this a permanent bar or removable one?

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 09-06-2018 at 10:56 AM.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #42
mbnwa

Drives: 18 NGM ZL1 1LE
Quote:
looking forward to seeing the progseeion.

Is this a permanent bar or removable one?
It will be removable, however from what I understand it's not something you would want to do like every week. In addition from what I understand the 5/6pt are bolt in while the 8pt will be welded into place, so my assumption would be the 8pt will not be removable while the 5 / 6pt will be removable.

In addition from my discussions the 5/6pt will allow the back seat to stay in place and not have to be removed after installation.
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
mbnwa is offline   Reply With Quote