Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #15
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
I am thinking about getting a 2SS auto with 1LE suspension, MRC, and recaro seats. Then add the 1LE wheels later. Bingo! An auto 1LE...
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:17 PM   #16
KPzypher

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
I love MRC. I drive in sport suspension all the time and don't find the ride harsh at all. For what it does, it's extremely comfortable. It's a great DD, minus the storage space.
KPzypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:43 PM   #17
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
I put some Michelin ps4s on the 1LE and it made daily routines much better. They don’t grip like the gy’s but they do everything else better. Here is my daily driver.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #18
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
If you are never going to "Track" the car, why get the 1LE? Get the regular SS and add the 1LE wheels later...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:00 PM   #19
AzulBlaze

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangjohnny View Post
I put some Michelin ps4s on the 1LE and it made daily routines much better. They don’t grip like the gy’s but they do everything else better. Here is my daily driver.
How's the road noise with the PS4s compared to the Goodyears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
If you are never going to "Track" the car, why get the 1LE? Get the regular SS and add the 1LE wheels later...
1LE also gets the magnetic ride suspension, electronic limited slip differential, 6 piston calipers and additional cooling for the engine/transmission.
AzulBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:31 PM   #20
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulBlaze View Post
How's the road noise with the PS4s compared to the Goodyears?

1LE also gets the magnetic ride suspension, electronic limited slip differential, 6 piston calipers and additional cooling for the engine/transmission.
One correction: The SS and SS 1LE both come with the exact same cooling package for engine coolant, engine oil, transmission, and differential.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:23 PM   #21
Justcruising

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
She is a beauty my favorite color too :
Justcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:51 PM   #22
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Get the 2SS with the red leather like you want. Save yourself the $7k on the 1LE package if you're not going to track the car. Go to the classified forum, plenty of people selling 1LE wheels. Then keep your SS wheels for winter duty. At that point you can drop it if necessary.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:16 PM   #23
KPzypher

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Is the difference in grip noticeable? Is it a huge sacrifice in grip on dry surface?
KPzypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:42 PM   #24
Scoonie12g

Drives: 2020 2SS
I appreciate all of the feedback.

I did call Katzkins earlier today and got confirmation that they do not have anything to replace the 1LE Recaros. The rep I talked to did mention Leatherseats.com as an option.

My main issue with trying to figure out which option to go with stems from wanting the car ordered/delivered as a mostly finished product.

I bought a brand new 2013 LS Camaro with the idea of "building it up" and adding features to it that were on the other models. But I quickly got the urge to upgrade to the V8/SS and eventually traded it in for a 2013 2SS RS. I got a great deal on it and it was definitely one of the best decisions I ever made.

The 1LE wheels are the main attraction to me, but right behind it is the adrenaline red interior, hence my dilemma since I can't get both straight from the factory.

I used to work at the dealership I'm going to place the order with, so I have already driven a 6th gen SS. But like I mentioned earlier, they've never had a 1LE in stock, so I don't have that as a frame of reference.

I tend to think the "stiff" ride won't affect me, but when you read the various threads on here about it, it seems like half are okay with it as a daily driver, and the other half is not.

Ultimately I know the only way to know for sure is to test drive one and see for myself, but I guess I just wanted to get another roundup of opinions on the issue.

I am going to keep digging and I plan on going to the dealership tomorrow to talk to them. My old boss is the one I'll be placing the order with, so I already know they'll do what they can to help me.

Thanks again for all the feedback!
Scoonie12g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:13 AM   #25
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
People confuse terms and functions of the suspension. The 1LE rides EXTREMELY smooth for a track oriented car. The MRC does an AMAZING job.

Where things get stiff on the 1LE is in the sway bars. The sway bars are stiff and in turn they cross-talk when you go over bumps unevenly.

My g/f has a Mazda CX-5 and the ride quality isn't any better in that than the 1LE in comfort mode as far as soaking up bumps.
This is the most accurate post.

I came off of a BMW 4 series GC non-sport suspension that I lowered with ACS springs and then ran a dinan tune on the electronic adjustable shocks to help match the increased spring rate. I then got dinan swaybars, which were way beefier than stock. The BMW rode about the same as my 1LE, in that the suspension travel was firm but not harsh, but the swaybars were very stiff and transferred uneven bumps. This is just a rough estimation, but my suspension mods brought the car up to about the stock 704 m sport suspension, which wasn't available on the AWD models. The M3/M4 would be another level up, and the M4 GTS another level beyond that (which gets ridiculous because they did things like delete the door handles and it's still slower than a camaro ) Getting a bit further off-topic, the electronic shocks in the BMW were "meh", they've been using old technology for years that doesn't work as well as MRC. I could never run it in anything but "sport", which required pressing a button every time I started the car, otherwise it was too soft and floaty for anything but boring highway cruising. I don't feel the 1LE is harsher, maybe slightly stronger sways, but the MRC does a better job than the BMW absorbers and then the massive wide tires, chassis rigidity, chassis balance and eLSD do the rest.

So as far as "harsh suspensions", the 1SS/2SS 1LE isn't very high up the totem pole IME. The 1LE I have is how firm I wish my old gen 5 2SS was from the factory. But going much further, to where you'd be in GT3, ZL1 1LE, GTR Nismo-territory, you are probably well into the area where the daily ability significantly drops off and where there are all kinds of drivers trying to convince you that "it rides smooth". These are the same drivers that will tell you they run slicks on frozen ponds in the winter and the car does "just fine on snow and ice". I always take the "ride" with a healthy dose of skepticism. There's always a few making ridiculous claims. You have a few "levels" of buffer in the suspension aggressiveness IMO and don't have anything to worry about. Some of the stiffer shorter wheelbase cars like STIs and such ride much harsher.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #26
Deakins

Drives: 2017 2ss, m6
To be honest if you are not going to track the car, and not going to look to boost your ego with a second or so faster lap time why add in more electronics? Price magna ride struts versus non, price a standard differential versus an e-diff. Price front 1 piece rotors versus the 2 piece brembos and so on. If you are fine with the higher costs of operation go for it, if not go with the standard SS. Just my .02
Deakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:22 PM   #27
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
I am thinking about getting a 2SS auto with 1LE suspension, MRC, and recaro seats. Then add the 1LE wheels later. Bingo! An auto 1LE...
I'm sure it will be a cool car, but without the eDiff it's not a 1LE. Pretty important component.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 05:15 PM   #28
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I'm sure it will be a cool car, but without the eDiff it's not a 1LE. Pretty important component.
OP said he definitely wasn't going to track the car, it'll be a daily driver and he just wants the 1LE look (wheels), so in this context the e-diff does not seem as relevant vs the standard LSD.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote