Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 07-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #29
K1SS MY SS
K1SS MY SS

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialSScamaro View Post
I went with speaker-level. Also unanswered is the question of what wires feed the exhaust tone into the amp. I verified that the signal does exist in the 1SS. When I first installed the amp/sub combo, I tested it with the engine off and everything sounded fine. When I fired the car up, the low exhaust rumble was amplified through the subs. It was unpleasant to hear. Unplugging a connector removes it.

Which one should i unplug to prevent this? Sorry if you have answered this already.
Unplug the black connector to the left of the green one.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #30
TLD 0520

Drives: 2016 Summit White SS
Has anyone replaced the 6x9 in the doors yet? Do they require an aftermarket bracket to hold them? I know on the older camaros you could cut out stock speaker and use the stock bracket.
TLD 0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:15 PM   #31
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I have not done this yet though I do plan to in the future. I think there is a 2SS stereo upgrade thread where somebody showed replacing the door speakers. It wasn't long ago so should be within the first couple pages of the the audio section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLD 0520 View Post
Has anyone replaced the 6x9 in the doors yet? Do they require an aftermarket bracket to hold them? I know on the older camaros you could cut out stock speaker and use the stock bracket.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:48 AM   #32
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463247
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:16 PM   #33
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
Location: Mid-NJ.....13 Year Army Paratrooper. Death from Above!!!
Send a message via AIM to skysharker1 Send a message via Yahoo to skysharker1
Ok...stupid question: I'm pretty sure that there is NO room in the trunk for a sub in a vert, is that correct? Not even a slim one?
skysharker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:57 AM   #34
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

There's always a way. Contact Steve at sub of thump. Although, he'd need a convertable to work with, take measurements, check how it fits, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysharker1 View Post
Ok...stupid question: I'm pretty sure that there is NO room in the trunk for a sub in a vert, is that correct? Not even a slim one?
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #35
heinbo

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1ss, nightfall metalic
Hi guys, I'm new to the group. First I want to say thanks to the guys that posted the info and wiring schematics for hooking up a sub. I used this info to hook mine up. It works great. In regards to the exhaust sound coming through the amp, I found by clipping the green and the green/black wire from the black connector (the one to the left of the green connector) I eliminated the exhaust sound. The turn signal and all other functions work leaving the connector plugged in. hope this helps.
again, thanks guys for the sub instructions!
heinbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:28 PM   #36
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Excellent info... Hopefully we can get somebody to try this and confirm. Thank you for sharing.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:10 AM   #37
Chris07

Drives: White LT, V6, Auto, RS
I can confirm the LT wiring schematic is the same but there is no amp. I cut in at the speaker locations and found the same color scheme. I did not want to get deep into the dash to get to head unit.
Curious if anyone has experience getting to the head unit.
Chris07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #38
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
I have not done this yet though I do plan to in the future. I think there is a 2SS stereo upgrade thread where somebody showed replacing the door speakers. It wasn't long ago so should be within the first couple pages of the the audio section.

Just wondering if you have made any new upgrades to your system? Also how are things holding up with tapping into the factory amp? Getting ready to take mine apart this winter while the Camaro is in storage to do my upgrades. I am going to order sub of thumps dual 12" box. I thought by now they would have their plug-n-play audio connector for adding a aftermarket sub.

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 10:18 PM   #39
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I haven't upgraded anything else as of yet. The wire taps are holding up nicely and I haven't had any issues whatsoever with the system. Everything sounds great which is why I haven't had much drive to upgrade the front speakers. I think it helped that I switched from Iphone to Android phones because I'm now using FLAC audio files instead of MP3s and they are much higher quality so what's getting amplified isn't garbage. I'll probably just hold off until there's a decent guide to getting the dash apart and access to the tweets.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:02 PM   #40
VCSRT

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
I haven't upgraded anything else as of yet. The wire taps are holding up nicely and I haven't had any issues whatsoever with the system. Everything sounds great which is why I haven't had much drive to upgrade the front speakers. I think it helped that I switched from Iphone to Android phones because I'm now using FLAC audio files instead of MP3s and they are much higher quality so what's getting amplified isn't garbage. I'll probably just hold off until there's a decent guide to getting the dash apart and access to the tweets.
I have to ask, is your power wire fused at the battery as well, or just at the amp? I wouldn't recommend anyone to run the fuse that far back...

Also is your box sealed?
VCSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:23 PM   #41
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCSRT View Post
I have to ask, is your power wire fused at the battery as well, or just at the amp? I wouldn't recommend anyone to run the fuse that far back...

Also is your box sealed?
You do know the battery is in the trunk right?
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:59 PM   #42
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Thanks for the reply and glad to hear everything is holding up and sounds good. I will start like you and see how I like the sound before deciding to replace my OEM speakers.

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote