Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-28-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
AT&T Merger

Word of warning to the wise;

If you have DirectTV, ATT and/or U-Verse and recently called them to "merge accounts" for your discount (or via website);

AT&T cancelled all of your accounts (Yea, let that one sink in for a minute).

AT&T created a new master account with a new global account number, your old ones are still accessible through your AT&T Master account, but no longer active. All settings in the new master account are "turned off" with all and marketing settings set to max.

This is where it gets really interesting;
- You have a new AT&T login ID and password no one told you about and what you believe was your "current login/pw" were deleted. You must request the ID and PW sent to you via "I forgot my login/pw"
- Bill pay has been turned off and your credit card data may or may not have been deleted. This is huge, because you will not be paying your auto-drafts this month, and AT&T will not refund your late fees x3. If some CS rep does, know that they were not authorized to do so.
- All marketing settings were effectively turned to "on/max/spam the hell out of you"

Do not waste your time calling AT&T, the minimum hold time is 1 hour and will take 30-60 minutes of them arguing with you that they have no clue what you are talking about and are unable to assist (YOU have to MANUALLY make your own changes to your own account via AT&T website). It is also not advised to visit any of their retail stores, most staff were not trained on the merger and also have absolutely no clue.

For Action:
- Login attempt will fail, request new login ID and password
- Pay your bill manually
- Register for auto-draft if you do that sort of thing
- Review every single account setting in all areas, especially address, phone number, emails and marketing
- Log into your individual DirectTV and U-Verse accounts, make sure they were paid
- Keep all receipts
- Keep reminding yourself AT&T is a four letter word
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:21 PM   #2
Donald

Drives: Just a dream...
Always hated AT&T, now I have another reason. That's annoying. Thanks for the info.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:57 PM   #3
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
I have both ATT and DirectTV but have not merged my accounts. Hopefully this will not happen automatically and I can keep the two separate.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:53 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
I have both ATT and DirectTV but have not merged my accounts. Hopefully this will not happen automatically and I can keep the two separate.
I do too......but the ATT account in is my wife's name and I put the Directv account in mine, so they certainly shouldn't be calling two different people asking them to merge their accounts! LOL problem solved!
Old 09-29-2015, 06:00 AM   #5
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I would have dish if I didn't have to cut a tree down to get it, and I would have Verizon if it didn't suck in my area. Guess I'm screwed.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #6
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I have already noticed the Direct TV Customer service has taken a nose dive since the merger. I am moving to Dish for 2 years after spending the past 14 years with Direct TV guess they did not feel I was worth the upgrade to newer equipment or coming close to matching what Dish is offering. But with my bill creeping closer to $150 a month for not even getting movie channels forget it.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:11 AM   #7
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
ATT customer service is the worst I have ever encountered, you usually you end up worse off after calling them than you were when you started. Then there is no history of your call or no one knows anything about it, even thou they swore up and down your issue was fixed when you were on the phone.

Tags
at&t, att, directtv, merger, uverse