Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-23-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
TT Dyno, you guys use it?

I've been using it on my Challenger for several years and love it. Inexpensive software dyno that uses data logs and some variables input by the end user to determine HP and Torque at the wheels. Fully physics based and back to back testing by a lot of folks with physical dyno results have shown it to be VERY accurate if the proper variables are used. I've compared it personally to my physical dyno runs and it's nearly identical. Variables are weight of the vehicle as tested, barometric pressure, humidity, temperature, elevation and front drag coefficient.

I use the car's reading for temperature, data log reading for baro. I then use a local weather station for humidity and elevation. I know the weight of my car with me in it and I take in to account how much fuel is in the tank. Frontal coefficient of drag is easy to calculate as well.

I do my tests in 4th gear (1:1 ratio for my M6 trans). That's the only down side. The MPH for testing is quite high so I have to get WAY out of town to find a deserted stretch of road. I do believe the current version allows a gear ratio input variable so you can run tests in lower gears to avoid such high speeds.

May be good for some of you guys who want to test out modifications and what not.

Here's one from the Challenger when I was testing going from the stock 82mm TB to a 90mm TB. The Challenger is speed density, so yes a tune change was also incorporated to get the AFR back in line as it was about .8 AFR too lean after installing the 90mm.

Anyway, it's a pretty fun tool to play with.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:40 AM   #2
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Guess not.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Never heard of it.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote