Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #15
BumpinBlueSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMGP5X View Post
Will not do you a bit of good with the new instant on laser guns.
I haven't seen a cop standing by the side of the road with a laser gun in years. All 3 times I have been pulled over I met the cop coming in the other direction on the road, so he would have gotten me on his dash mount radar, which a detector would pick up.
BumpinBlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:59 PM   #16
GMGP5X

Drives: 2011 2LT RS VR 2008 Silverado 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpinBlueSS View Post
I haven't seen a cop standing by the side of the road with a laser gun in years. All 3 times I have been pulled over I met the cop coming in the other direction on the road, so he would have gotten me on his dash mount radar, which a detector would pick up.
Here in Missouri they stand at there car door with the wireless gun resting on top of the door frame. Our detector does not even make a sound. Plus if they use instant on you had anyway unless you have a jamming system.
2LT RS VR / ARK DTS Cat back exhaust / Roto-Fab CAI / RPI stealth mud guards /Defender works billet chrome door sills/ DIY painted engine cover, trunk corners, and brake rotors / RX catch can / Team LLT badges. Team LLT
GMGP5X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #17
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
I only have the 9500ix but will hardwire it, I plan on putting the button right after the driver kneepad.
For the 9500ci, i would suggest on putting it on the left side of the steering wheel (8 o'clock position) under the 3 buttons you can see there.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:17 PM   #18
pilot996

Drives: vrod muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpinBlueSS View Post
Assuming the cop has it on constantly. Smart ones don't transmit until they visually see somebody who appears to be speeding. Instant transmit gets your speed before you have time to slow. Then the heavy front end dip of the suspect vehicle is a confirmation.
pilot996 is offline   Reply With Quote