Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-13-2015, 12:33 PM   #15
b4cz28
TX SS

Drives: 2014 RS/2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
I drive a wide variety of cars, from my 14 year old van we use to tow a trailer to classics and exotics and everything in between. People absolutely treat you differently on the road depending what you're driving. For some reason, people from the shallow end of the gene pool like to try to make people with nice cars fear for the safety of their car. Like it's funny to cut off closely to make you anxious.
+1
b4cz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:33 AM   #16
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
I drive a wide variety of cars, from my 14 year old van we use to tow a trailer to classics and exotics and everything in between. People absolutely treat you differently on the road depending what you're driving. For some reason, people from the shallow end of the gene pool like to try to make people with nice cars fear for the safety of their car. Like it's funny to cut off closely to make you anxious.

Or perhaps the person driving just perceives things differently based upon what he is driving at the time. I've not noticed any difference in 35 years, though perhaps it has to do with geography.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:32 AM   #17
okbfd
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Shelby GT500
The only real time I have experienced the "expensive" car syndrome was when this asshat in an old beater pick up came zipping up to cut in during road construction. He looked at me and the Shelby and obviously just started to come over no matter that there was no room. I absolutely had to brake or he would have hit me. To top if all off he then flipped me off.

The one thing I really have to watch for is that I love to drive in a "spirited" manner and really have to watch other cars that don't see me coming up beside them because I get there so quickly. And YES.....those sorry arse texters are friggin menace.
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:53 AM   #18
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
I am eyes wide open regardless of vehicle. I notice everything I can possibly see within my field of vision. I do not text, I do not answer the phone, and I hardly ever have the radio on.

I am routinely intoxicated...by the sound of the engine, the hypnotic rumble of the tires, and the smells of the leather.

Once you start to pay attention to everything around you...either you get excited at the beauty, or you come to the realization that it is a miracle that the human race has survived this long.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:58 AM   #19
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
I notice the hate of the Camaro when it comes time to merge... it is strong then. When I'm in my Ridgeline, the hate is weak.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:21 AM   #20
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Baby View Post
Yes I do mind......but, I am quite the defensive driver, always aware of what's going on. Re speed limit question, 5 over....10 max at times.

After reading the responses here, I think all of it becomes magnified because of the car and also because my driving experience will be 6 years in November.
This isn't really a "Camaro" problem. There are just so many people out there that just really don't care about anything other than their own little world. Sure, there are those that see a "sports car" and either want to race, or act upon some sterotypical perception, but typically it's really just a case of really bad, really egocentric drivers, and has nothing to do with you.

I was blessed with a great driver's ed teacher in high school, along with a father that did a lot of driving in his job. Both taught me valuable things about defensive driving. I still never forget the most profound thing my driver's ed teacher said, "Always assume that someone around you is about to do something really stupid, and know what you will do when they do." It's amazing how thinking this when I drive has led me to have this 'sixth sense' about what people are going to do. It has allowed me to avoid red light runners, when I just 'knew' that guy was going to run it. To avoid side swipes because I just 'knew' that guy was going to cut in my lane, etc.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:46 PM   #21
Ice Baby

Drives: 2014 Silver Ice Metallic LT
I love those timeless (and very true) words from a driving instructor. That will stick in my brain for a long while.

I am thankful for all of the opinions posted on this thread. I realize that I drive the same way in either vehicle. In the camaro, I have a bit more attitude (ok a lot), but I am trying to ignore other drivers more than before and if some yahoo in his gigantic pickup truck needs to pass me, then I let him go.

It is absolutely right on about perception and how I interpret someone's intent and non verbal communication.

I find myself smiling a lot more while driving and if someone smiles at me or waves, it makes me happy that I made someone else smile.
Ice Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:42 PM   #22
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Nice cars bring out jealousy, especially in the riffraff type people. Not that long ago I parked away from all the other cars and left the top down, went in to the store to get some milk for my captain crunch for the next day. When I came out, two toothless fat redneck chicks were eyeballing the R8 and announced that I must have a small wiener. I suggested that they hit the dentist and the stair master and only then would I consider showing it to them.
Never have those type confrontations in my Impala or van.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #23
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Baby View Post
In the camaro, I have a bit more attitude (ok a lot)

And... there ya go.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:37 PM   #24
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Yes

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:54 PM   #25
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
If you think crazy angry drivers are scary while driving a camaro, try it on a motorcycle. I can't count the amount of times I had to thank my blessings.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:35 AM   #26
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
If you think crazy angry drivers are scary while driving a camaro, try it on a motorcycle. I can't count the amount of times I had to thank my blessings.
+1... ride like you're invisible

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote