Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 06-26-2015, 05:56 AM   #43
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Some people LOVE to hate on Bose. While not a high end system, they sound very good. My wife's 2014 impala has it, and it sounds awesome! MUCH better than the pos BA system.
Yeah the Bose in our 2011 Malibu was awesome. So I know it sounds even better in your 2014 Impala!! Had a Bose in 2003 Nissan 350Z it was good back then too!! Not sure why people thinks Bose sucks??
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:04 AM   #44
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
My friend had a Lumina with Bose and it was terrible, boomy and full of distortion. And the wave radio is just plain overpriced and along with their headphones. Like I said they have probably got better here lately because they have too, but as a brand they not worth it.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #45
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Yeah the Bose in our 2011 Malibu was awesome. So I know it sounds even better in your 2014 Impala!! Had a Bose in 2003 Nissan 350Z it was good back then too!! Not sure why people thinks Bose sucks??
The problem with Bose (and many other) factory systems is that they tend to charge a hefty premium for underpowered marginal equipment. This forces them to boost the bass frequencies, so you get boomy, muddy bass reproduction. Almost every factory system has some sort of sound equalization in place, even when set to flat.

With so many features tied into the stock head unit, the only realistically viable option is the use a line out converter and sound processor to swap out to after market products.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:20 AM   #46
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
The problem with Bose (and many other) factory systems is that they tend to charge a hefty premium for underpowered marginal equipment. This forces them to boost the bass frequencies, so you get boomy, muddy bass reproduction. Almost every factory system has some sort of sound equalization in place, even when set to flat.

With so many features tied into the stock head unit, the only realistically viable option is the use a line out converter and sound processor to swap out to after market products.

Exactly!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:33 AM   #47
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
Someone on the other speaker thread said that the 2016 Camaro is getting the 11 speaker Bose Centerpoint. Which looks to be the same as the Impala.

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/impa...m-specs-62609/ Is the Impala's version, which has no Sub.

However, the 2014 Corvette stingray has this one, which has a sub (and is advertised as 10 speakers) http://mms.businesswire.com/media/20...jpg?download=1

I don't think there's any official information about what the Camaro is getting yet though, other than it is Bose.
I thought I had read it would include a sub, but that may not be true yet so I don't know. But if so...what kind of sub are we talking about? A small 6" sub, or maybe an 8"? I wonder how much weight that might add over a base system? Curious to see how this turns out, but I do plan on going with the Bose system.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #48
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I thought I had read it would include a sub, but that may not be true yet so I don't know. But if so...what kind of sub are we talking about? A small 6" sub, or maybe an 8"? I wonder how much weight that might add over a base system? Curious to see how this turns out, but I do plan on going with the Bose system.
I think it's all just speculation at this point based on Chevy and GM's other offerings...

Maybe the 1 model will have no sub and a lower model Bose centerpoint, and the 2 models will have the high model, the sub could be anywhere between 5 and 8 inches. Some GM cars have the 5" some have the 8".
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:23 PM   #49
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
A good stereo is on my must have liat for this car. It won't make a break it, but it will be part of the decision. Sounds like they dropped the ball on the new Mustang from owner reviews.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:58 PM   #50
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post

Then we lucked up with the 350Z and Malibu.. They were great sounding systems!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote