Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 12-28-2016, 07:26 AM   #71
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
I recommend the fix 82 on the 1 ss as well. The digital eq signals is not just a bose thing.
Black hash marks
Curb alert
Vitesse controller

Jl audio HD 900/5 amp
c5 650 components
c2 650x coaxials rear fill
2 x 8" W3v3 subwoofers custom ported box
Fix 82 module

BF TPNS
BF Wet Diamond
BF Crystal Seal
Hydr02
303 Aerospace top protectant
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:29 PM   #72
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Moy View Post
I recommend the fix 82 on the 1 ss as well. The digital eq signals is not just a bose thing.
Yes the FiX-82 is a good processor also, but since it only has a 2 channel output, in the 2SS with the Bose, the rear side speakers are the reverse alert sound, so you'd loose front to back reference there. I don't know it is set up on the 1SS.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:05 PM   #73
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
Yes the FiX-82 is a good processor also, but since it only has a 2 channel output, in the 2SS with the Bose, the rear side speakers are the reverse alert sound, so you'd loose front to back reference there. I don't know it is set up on the 1SS.
Fix-86? On the 1ss the 82 is sufficient.
Black hash marks
Curb alert
Vitesse controller

Jl audio HD 900/5 amp
c5 650 components
c2 650x coaxials rear fill
2 x 8" W3v3 subwoofers custom ported box
Fix 82 module

BF TPNS
BF Wet Diamond
BF Crystal Seal
Hydr02
303 Aerospace top protectant
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:44 PM   #74
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Moy View Post
Fix-86? On the 1ss the 82 is sufficient.
Yes, that may be. But they are almost the same price, it makes no difference to me. And since I am allways thinking ahead, the 86 may have better use for a future project. It has 8 inputs, 6 outputs, and the 82 has 8 inputs but only 2 outputs.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:05 PM   #75
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Update:

After living with the system for a while, there where delays in the turn on by signal sensing in the JL Audio Processor, and it would turn off during music pauses, so I changed it by using a turn on module like this: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...NVX-XTRI1.html connected to the F/L + wire, operation is now truly seamless.

About the Stupid Stock Bose Center dash speaker, I had left it as a fill in speaker, but with the new Amp and speakers it is really not needed. It did not sound in place with the rest of the system, I got tired of it messing up the stereo image because it is a function of the L&R signals, so I disconnected it. It sounds so much better now, I wish I knew before what I was missing.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:26 PM   #76
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for the update...I was going to leave center speaker connected to Bose amp...but after hearing your feedback...I am going to disconnect it also...
Old 02-24-2018, 09:16 PM   #77
USRobo

Drives: 2004 Corvette / 2017 2SS Camaro
Looks like you have had your system for some time now. If you were building it today what would you change and why?
I am looking at doing a similar setup with the JL Stealthbox.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt713 View Post
Here is the equipment I used:

JL Audio HD 900/5 amp
JL Audio Fix 82 (OEM integration Processor)
JL Audio C5-650x coaxial speakers
JL Audio ZR-100CT tweeters (added after initial install was complete)
JL Audio HO112-W6v3 sub/enclosure

I used all the factory locations for the speakers, the only speakers and location I did not use are 6x9's in the rear deck, other than that I used the remaining factory locations for the speakers. I did clip the mic lines and I have had Zero issues with noise.

Matt
USRobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #78
Mero210

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Pictures went missing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt713 View Post
Sorry for the delayed post guys but I have things wired up and am overall very pleased with the results!!! Here is a pic of how I wired things up and once I have everything exactly the way I want it, I will work on cleaning up the wired spaghetti mess!!

Here are the wires from the factory Bose amp I used to feed the inputs of the Fix 82.

For the mids and highs, I used the rear speaker left and right. These are the speakers located behind the driver and passenger seats. Those wires are located on the Bose amp X2 connector which is the 16 pin Green connector.

The wire colors for the rear speakers on the X2 connector are:
Left rear + (Green) pin #7
left rear - (Green/Black) pin #15

Right rear + (White) pin #6
Right rear - (Blue/Black) pin #14

Those 4 wires are used to feed the input of channels 1 & 2 on the Fix 82.

Now for the lows, I used the rear subwoofer left and right. These speakers are split up between 2 separate connectors on the factory Bose amp. The left rear subwoofer is on the X1 connector (Black 8 pin connector located to the right of the green X2 16 pin connector) and the right rear subwoofer is located on the X2 (green connector)

Left rear subwoofer + (X1 connector Blue/Grey) pin #1
Left rear subwoofer - (X1 connector Green/Black) pin #5

Right rear subwoofer + (X2 connector Green/Violet) pin #16
Right rear subwoofer - (X2 connector Grey/Black) pin #8

These 4 wires are used to feed the inputs of channels 7 & 8 on the Fix 82 which channels 7 & 8 are specific for subwoofer frequencies on the Fix 82

X1 connector pin out (Got this diagram from another member on forum) 8 pin Black connector

X2 connector pin out (Got this diagram from another member on forum) 16 pin Green connector
Hey Matt, you pictures are no longer showing up. Any chance you can send?? They were very helpful! I should have saved them FP

Last edited by Mero210; 11-02-2018 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Never mind, its the firewall at work blocking them...
Mero210 is offline   Reply With Quote